Chapter 2

Sungyeol's Assumption

 

     Sungyeol’s mood soured as you shoved him out the door. You were acting very strange, almost as though you were fed up with him. The fact that you shut the door in his face before saying good bye didn’t help, either. It made him feel rather unappreciated.

     “What is she up to?” he muttered to himself. You were acting as though you had plans, plans that didn’t involve him. As he hopped onto the bus, he thought about the stories his colleagues used to tell about their girls sneaking out with friends to go party.
     Sungyeol never thought you were the kind of person to do that, especially since you always made sure to tell him when you would be out late with a friend. He never asked you to, but it was nice to know so he didn’t have to worry.
     But partying? It was way too early in the morning for that. Not to mention that lately Sungyeol was beginning to feel like you were losing interest in him. You had stopped showing affection, barely meeting his eyes when the two of you talked. It always seemed as though your mind was elsewhere, and no matter what Sungyeol did, it never got any better.
     It had been weeks since this behavior of yours started, but since the two of you had been really busy, there was never enough time to talk about it. Maybe he was just over-thinking things. Perhaps you were just exhausted from work.
Or maybe…

     Suddenly, an awful assumption came to mind. Sungyeol tried to shake the thought out of his head as quickly as it had entered, but failed. There’s no way you could be cheating on him… Could you? Or maybe the better question was, would you? You never did tell him about the kind of friends you kept, and now that he recalled, he never had the chance of being introduced to any of them, either.
     Sungyeol thought about the possibility of unfaithfulness. On one hand, there were never any signs around the house of a guest; no extra glasses on the table, no faint scent of cologne, nothing that could possibly warn him that you were seeing someone behind his back.
     But, what if…?
     Sungyeol coughed, causing some of the nearby passengers to look at him with wary eyes. He ignored them and stared at his feet. The thought that came across his mind, the thought that you could be seeing someone outside of the house in order not to raise any suspicion made him worry. He felt awful for assuming this kind of thing, but there really was no way of finding out what was going on while he was away…