Chapter 6

Sungyeol's Assumption

 

     “Have a nice day, sir,” said the receptionist as Sungyeol passed by. He gave her a polite nod and left the building. Since the meeting was excruciatingly painful; important; and yet, successful; Sungyeol’s boss decided to call it a day, allowing everyone to go home early.

     Sungyeol wondered if he should buy you a gift before going home as a secret apology for thinking about you the way he did this morning. It bothered him how he failed to notice how much you cared about him, so this time, he wanted to make it up to you.
     As he was walking home, he noticed a girl that looked a lot like you chatting with someone at the nearby café. The guy she was talking to looked quite handsome, and Sungyeol noticed the roses on the table. That was an idea. He could bring home roses and take you out to a fancy restaurant tonight. The two of you were in dire need of relaxation, after all.
     It wasn’t until he got closer did Sungyeol realize that the girl didn’t just look like you, it was you. What were you doing with that man? Were you on a date? Were you… Cheating on him? Sungyeol caught your eye, and just when he couldn’t believe it, his heart sank as he watched your face drop.