Chapter 3

Sungyeol's Assumption

 

     As you made your way down the bustling streets of Seoul, groceries at hand, a flower stand caught your eye from the side of the road. The flowers being sold were in full bloom, and their vibrant colors screamed at you.

     You thought flowers would be a nice addition to the dinner table tonight, and decided to buy a bouquet of roses. The lady who sold them to you reassured that you had made a great choice, and you were quite pleased as well.

     Not long after you left the stand, you felt someone tap your shoulder. Thinking you must have dropped something, you turned around expecting to see a vendor, but were surprised to see a familiar face instead.
     “Oh my— Junsu?”
     “I thought it was you!” greeted the beaming face, “I was beginning to worry what I’d do if it wasn’t!”
     “Wow, it’s been so long! What are you doing here?” you asked in amazement.
     “My mother’s job was transferred here for the weekend,” explained Junsu, “Since I’m on vacation, I thought I’d tag along to catch up with old memories.”
     “Well, this is certainly unexpected. Would you like to grab a coffee?”
     “Of course! Let me take those for you,” he replied as he took the grocery bags and bouquet out of your hands. “Planning something special?”
     “Yes, for Sungyeol. He’s having an important meeting today so I thought I’d make something nice for dinner.”
     “Ah, you’re still with that guy?” he asked in an unfamiliar tone.
     “Well, y-yes—”
     “He’s a lucky man,” interrupted Junsu.
     “And I’m a lucky girl,” you said quietly.
     Junsu stared at you for a moment. “So, is KoKoAh still around?”
     “Yep, and they’re still making some of Seoul’s greatest drinks.” You proudly exclaimed.
     “Well then, after you.”