C is for...

Alphabet

C is for...Communication

Hunsoo, Sehun/Kyungsoo 

 

Kyungsoo can't speak and that's where his problems started, but it also brought him closer to a certain someone.

Kyungsoo communicates through sign language, the hand gestures confusing for those who don't understand and resulting in a silent sigh to escape from the young boys throat everytime. So to steer away from the let downs, he doesn't interact a lot with other students.

He does stare though, a lot and he's aware of the ones he recieves back when they realise he's looking at them, whispers being heard when that person tells their friends he's looking at them.

On one occasion, Kyungsoo's staring at the side profile of some boy he doesn't recognise, eyebrows furrowed together as he sinks a little further into his chair at his desk.

Kyungsoo can't help it, he wants to talk to people and make friends but he just can't and at the end of the day, it's what frustrates him the most.

The boy he's staring at notices the eyes on him and he turns. Kyungsoo continues to stare and the other boy can't help but stare back at the baby faced student, their eyes holding contact for a rather long time.

The bell rings and Kyungsoo looks away, sorting out his belongings before standing up, like the rest of the class that were starting to make their way out of the classroom.

"Hey"

Kyungsoo turned his head at the voice, the same boy he was having a staring match with just know taking his bag out of his hands. He furrowed his eyebrows and his hands went to take it back but he was stopped.

"Kyungsoo, right?" The addressed boy nodded, eyes going from his bag to the tallers, "I'm Sehun, I've heard of you, you don't speak, right?" The boy started walking out of the classroom and Kyungsoo followed quickly, hands grabbing onto the tallers arm.

Kyungsoo's fingers clutched onto Sehun's blazer sleeve, eyes wide and he wanted to say something but as usual, nothing came out.

"Oh, okay" Sehun slipped his arm out of the shorters grasp, laying it over his shoulders, "Let's be friends Kyungsoo, I wanna be friends"

And to Sehun's surprise, the shorter boy smiled up at him widely, nodding his head in agreement.

 

It's been three weeks now since Kyungsoo made his first friend in school, the handsome faced Sehun and things were going well. He wasn't lonesome at lunch anymore and even though Sehun did all the talking, he seemed to enjoy his time with the mute black haired boy.

Kyungsoo was currently sitting in an unfamiliar bedroom with his hands in his lap, waiting for the younger boy to re enter the room. When Sehun did return, he immediately placed his hands on the sitting down boys cheeks who was a guest in his house.

"Kyungsoo, you know I'm your friend right?" Sehun spoke and Kyungsoo nodded, of course he knew that, "And friends do stuff for each other and I want you to do something for me" Sehun watched eyebrows crease and Kyungsoo stood to stand in front of him.

Kyungsoo's eyes spoke for him, large and questioning and wanting to know what Sehun was going on about.

"I need you to close your eyes"

Kyungsoo pouted but did as he was told, waiting to hear what was next. He felt air on his face and peeped his eyes open a little, just barely seeing the taller lean forward and do something he never thought his best friend would do.

Sehun kissed Kyungsoo and said boy was so confused, hands being felt land on his sides as he just stood still, taking what he was being given.

When they parted, Sehun was quick to speak.

"Please let me explain" Sehun held the short boy close to himself as he hugged him, chin resting on his shoulder, "You're really great Kyungsoo and you're special to me" Sehun felt arms wrap around his back, Kyungsoo's head laying on his chest.

"I like you Kyungsoo, a lot"

Kyungsoo turned his head and burried his face in the tallers neck and shoulder, embarrassed with the words he had just heard being said to him.

Sehun of course got no reply but he understood the others answer without any words needing to be spoken. The way the hands clutched onto his shirt and the actual fact that Kyungsoo was still in his arms was all the proof he needed that Kyungsoo liked him back.

And it made him feel special as well.