Chapter 8

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 8: Love you more than myself

Part 8.1: Do i miss you, Nari?

Nearly half months, Young Do hasn’t met Nari again, though anywhere. She kept her promise. The chocolate cake that she gave him, he hasn’t dared eat yet, it's so beautiful and flawless how he can ...

Young Do tried to go to the Love’s restaurant or the grocery store where she worked part-time but he only get the boss's answer that she quitted job. Perhaps the only news about her that he knows is today - the day announce result of mid-semester exam. All students in school are gathering before the announcing board, Young Do looks around as he wants to find her, but still can not meet.

Bo Na nudges Young Do: "Young Do, how did you do to rise to the 6th? Awesome.”

He smiles smugly. Suddenly, Myung Soo yells to catch everyone’s attention: "Oh my god. Deabak. Nari, she is no.1. I can’t believe it".

Young Do glances at result mid-semester exam of 11th grade, her name is in the top 1, the marks of mid-semester exam achieves absolutely in all subjects 100/100.

Myung Soo stunned: "She is better than Chan Young. It is true the girl that i like. What is called? Oh, A beautiful ‘talend’ girl.”

Bo Na hears that, she rages against him: " No, no, Chan Young is best. Idiot, don’t tell if you do not know. It’s called “A beautiful talented girl. But she is not as good as Chan Young and I’m lovelier than her. Haha”.

"Let me be"- Myung Soo pouts -" But why haven’t i seen her lately at school?"

Young Do does not say anything, he leaves here .... He doesn’t also understand the feelings what is coming to him. Obviously, he does not want to have any relationship with her, why does he feel so empty when not meet her? ......

..... Nari stands behind the wall, she sighes silently and sees him walk through where she is hiding…..

.........In the evening, He was too tired with lessons at school, hotel management lessons, and practise karate with his father. Young Do goes for a walk on the street between the noisy crowd. Watching the couples holding hands together, do not understand why he feels alone, and also do not understand why the face is appearing in his mind is not Eun Sang, is Nari ....

In a small corner, Miss You’s song turns on, Young Do stops to listen. Every words in the song as penetrate to his soul, his heart:

"I can’t sleep. I just can’t breathe.

When your shadow is all over me baby

Don’t wanna be a fool in your eyes

Cause what we had was built on lies …”

Like a magic happens in a spring evening. Opening his eyes, he is surprised in recognizing her, she stands not far from him. He steps closer, realized Nari, she is in the fashion shop, smiles to make a sale for customers, and then cleans up, dresses another clothes for mannequins, says goodbye with - perhaps is owner of this shop and leave. A string of her actions, he witnesses all from beginning to end. Young Do has stood here for nearly an hour. He saw her being absorbed with her work so that he did not blink once. Because he was afraid that if he had opened his eyes, it would have been just a dream and she would have disappeared.

.....Being walk to home, as have the telepathy, she looks back and suddenly sees in his eyes. In that moment, everything on the earth do not exist, just only her and him. The heart of both feel happy.

..........But, Young Do, he doesn’t understand hisself again. He want to meet her but why he hides and behaves like an idiot when she discovers him. He goes away and cross the road ....



 

Part 8.2: Thanks for the safe you was

Young Do really wants to run away from her eyes, if keeping on this conditions, he is afraid that he will like her; but currently he is not ready to start a new relationship.

The fall of night, now is about 10p.m, the street is more deserted. On the small road, two young mens are teasing each other, laughing and riding motorbike with high speed.... Young Do, he doesn’t also notice and cross the road unconsciously. Nari sees it, she screams to call Young Do and runs quickly towards him. He is stunned, horrified when he witness this accident. One of two motorcycles rushed to them. And Nari, she is hugging him, her legs are dripping with blood. Young Do gets mad, his eyes full of hatred and pain. He screams: "Damn it. Do you wanna die? ..! @ # $% ^ & *..."

He storms about and thumps on the face of who caused the accident. Seeing this, his friend also rushs forward to rescue him. (The means is Young Do fights with two peoples : D). Nari tries to stand up but she feels very hurt, so she can’t do anything else, she whines: "Young Do, stop. Don’t fight ..."

Suddenly, a Rolls-Royce Phantom stops, the car door is opened, about 3 or 4 mens in black suits run to be interference in. Quickly, they catch the two culprits who caused the accident. One of them tells Young Do: "I can control it in here. You should be hurry to take her to the hospital."

Young Do remembers and runs to her, he is holding her in his hands with the help of mens. They sit into the car, the Phantom runs fastly in the dark night.

.......Seoul Hospital, 11h40 p.m ......

Waiting outside the emergency room, Young Do is extremely anxiety. Walking back and forth over ten times, he is very remorse. If he had stood to meet her face to face, if he hadn’t crossed the road in that moment, if he hadn’t found her today, it would not have had any accidents happen, she would not have been hurt.

The doctor comes out, Young Do hastily inquires her situation, and the mens in black suit do too. Only when hearing the doctor say that she is ok, leg’s bone is just cracked a little, and stop walking in short time, she will recover. This time, everyone is relieved.

Young Do goes in patient’s room and sees her leg be plaster in a white bandage. Both worry and resentment, he frowns and grimace to say: "Why did you do that? It’s so stupid. This accident was me, i had to suffer. Why did you help me?”

Nari looks at him, her eyes fill with love: "Thank for the safe you was. I did it because I do not want who is in here is you. I also do not like to bear the hurt, if that person had been you, i would have been painful so much. Young Do ah, because I like you. No. I love you”.

Young Do, he doesn’t know what to say. The first time in his life, a girl gave him the feeling of love, and sacrifice for the one she love.

.....A man wearing black suit goes in, Young Do realized immediately who arrested culprit.

He says: "I took two boys to the police station, they will be punished highest."

Nari: "No need, don’t fuss. Punish them simply, waring is ok. They also have parents, their parents will be worried. I'm alright, my parents will know if you fuss..”

"But, Lady ... " - This man says

Nari: “I told you, I'm ok. All you go out. I want to be alone. Do not talk to my parents about tonight. Don’t forget the covenant of us”.

Those mens make their bow and come out….

..........Young Do is surprised with Nari’s gestures and behaviour as well as these stranger mans. When an accident occured, they immediately appeared but his mind is too chaotic. Now he thinks again, it’s so bizarre. He looks Nari, implied smiling. She sees his expression, she feel afraid. Nari sputters to ask: "Why do you smile? Why? ..."

Two hands put on the bed, he stoops down to look at her: "How will you explain about this? Who are they? Lady,... Are they bodyguards of you?”

Nari pushes him away, she is swagger and says: "Yes, I'm New Money. New Money can’t hire a bodyguard?”

Young Do is excited and continues asking: "Why did New Money have to pretend to belong to social welfare group? Why New Money have to work part-time? Why New Money is knowledge of the high-fashion? Why New Money is so rich and have the luxury car worth millions of dollars. I wonder about New Money’s property and sincewhen you have been rich”......

"Why do you ask so much? I need to be rest. Please, go out"- She hastily says him come out and then she takes blanket to cover her face.

"So, you rest. Next time, I will visit you." - He smiles and comes back home.

The door of  the emergency room close .... 0h00 a.m .... A long day has ended.



 

Part 8.3: Zeus Hotel

Losing a week in the room, Nari’s leg slowly recovers. However, she feels bored, she can’t go to school, can not walk, and she was questioned about her injury by Hwang’s butler, so, she is very uncomfortable. Although Ji Ah has occasionally visited her, but it isn’t still help her mood more cheerful. Simplely, because she miss him ...

After the evening at the hospital, he did not come back to visit her as he promised, and he didn’t also call her. Nari does not understand. Is their relationship better? Why is he still indifferent to her.

She thinks very carefully. Finally, Nari decides to find him. If she keeps on missing him like this, she will become mad. Today is theweekend, he won’t be at school, she doesn’t know his house, Nari will come to the hotel of his father with the hope that he will be there.

......When she is in front door of the hotel of Zeus company, The bodyguards prevent her from going here. The tell her: "Lady, you can not be here. If the chairman - your parents - know, not only us but also you will be punished”.

Nari is annoying grimace: " You do not say, and so do i.Who knows? Don’t worry, if it was revealed, i would be all responsible. Go ahead.”

"Lady, you can’t."- these bodyguards keep begging her. But ignoring all, Nari insists, because she wants to meet Young Do, a bit. She shouts: "You do not go. Forgot our promise? If all you are afraid, you are here, do not follow me to be involved. I do not like who meddle in my affairs. Get out.”

Recognizing Nari’s anger, they have to give up so that she can do what she wants

......

Nari goes to the receptionist, she asks:" Excuse me. Can I ask you that Young Do is here or not?”

Receptionist: "Why do you want to find Mr. Young Do? You are....”

Nari: "Well, I am schoolmate with him.”

The receptionist look at her as a strange creature. It is true because the first time have a girl to find Young Do - son of their boss. "Plz wait a moment." - They tell and dial - "Oh I forgot to ask you what your name is?"

"Nari." - She replies. After hanging up, they invite her to go to the room where Young Do is in..... When she leaves, the hotel staffs cluster together to discuss "Is girlfriend of Mr. Young Do? So beautiful. Do not know she is daughter of whom?”

........Room 3405 .......

No time to press the doorbell, the door was opened, like that Young Do is here to wait her a long time.

"What are you doing here ? Why do you come here? How do you know where to find me?" - So many questions for her make her not know how she should answer. She says: "You ask too many it. Don’t invite me into the room".

Young Do sigh and avoids the door so that she can come in.

When sitting down the chair, Nari voices as she want to rebuke Young Do: "Why did you say that you will visit me, but you didn’t do it?”

Young Do: "I did, but you left the hospital. I don’t know where your house." - He raise his voice to justify.

She remembers that she didn’t want to make a fuss about her accident because it could catch her parents’s attention, so she insisted on discharging from hospital in the next day. Nari grins at him, then suddenly she says with a sad face: "So, why did you call me?"

Young Do: "I don’t know your number" - However, when he sees her face, he remembers that she called him on Valentine's Day. He explains: "Long time ago, I deleted it."

"Give me yourphone, I’ll save my number." - She spreads hand to wait his signal. Seeing her intently saving number, Young Do is worried, he says: "Why do you come here? Have your legs recovered yet? Staying at home for your injury to actually heal. We’ll talk together next week”.

Nari: "I'm fine. My legs can run and jump. Do not worry me anymore. At home all days, i feel bored. I also want to meet you. I miss you very much, Young Do ah”.

Unexpected with the Nari’s answer, although he knows that she likes him, but he isn’t still used when the girl says love him, miss him. Young Do is shame, he pretends to change the subject. He points at the basket on the table: "What do you bring?"

Nari hits pop on her forehead: "Aigoo, I forget" - She says and opens it - "Have you eaten? I cooked Ramen to bring here for you. I ensure that it is as delicious as the restaurant.”

From the moment, he has known her, she always makes him surprised again and again. He is stunned: "Ramen? Why is Ramen?"

"I notice that every time when you come to Love’s Restaurant - where i do part-time - you always eat Ramen. So I think that maybe, you like it. Don’t sit there, hurry taking bowls and chopsticks to help me." -  She pushes Young Do.

..... They enjoy the dish that Nari brought. She constantly asks: "Delicious, Young Do? Do you like it? Next time, I will cook Ramen again for you.”

Young Do is too really emotional, except his mother, she is the first person to sacrifice her life because of him, the first one is being sick but she still find to meet him, cook the dish by herself that he likes and bring for him. Young Do doesn’t know what to say, his heart flutters. This feeling comes to him again. Although it's not quite same his feeling with Eun Sang, but there is something so different that he can’t explain. Young Do puts the Ramen’s bowl down the table, he takes a paper towel nearby and wipe his mouth. Nari sees it, she also stops eating: "What’s happen? Why don’t you eat? Not good? Or you’re full, you eat less”.

Young Do doesn’t still say anything, he looks at her, sees her face, each features is very delicate. She is beautiful, especially her eyes is always glitter like stars in the night sky. Nari is confused and not understand what he is thinking: "Why are you looking at me? What’s something in my face?" - She touches her face. Young Do is still silent as before, his face close to her. One his hand removes Nari’s hand down, and other his hand gently touches her lip. (Imagine that this scene, he want to first kiss =)).

Nari’s heart pounding, and so does he. At close distance, she can hear the throbbing of two hearts, mixing a beat. At that moment, she waits, and Young Do, his head is as burst. He does not know why he is doing this, he also doesn’t know how to start (the first kiss, of course he is confused :D).

Suddenly, the door of Room. 3405 opens. A man voice: "Young Do, quickly change your clothes and go to meet Lee’s director with me.”

Young Do and Nari are disillusion and back to reality (Oh , they’ve not done yet but it is interrupted >"<), they hastily stand up. Young Do grimaces: "Appa, you can not knock on the door before coming in, can you?”

Who is called is father of Young Do - President Choi, he looks at Young Do and then look Nari shine from head to toe: "This is my hotel, I can do everything that i want. Who is this girl? What are you doing here?”

Young Do doesn’t answer, he says to Nari: "You come back to your home. We’ll talk later".

Nari, from seeing Young Do’s father, she does not know how to behave, be met in this embarrassing situation. And, she also meets President Choi the first time of reputable Hotel Zeus that she always hear .... Nari sees him and make her’s bow. Young Do sees her still standing there, he shout: "I told you go out". He pulls her out the room and close the door to make her not react.

His dad asks coldly: "Who is she? Who are her parents?”

Young Do: "Don’t care about it, appa. I told that the woman’s problem, you don’t have enough competence to teach me, so do not interfere in my business”.

His dad see him and give up: “Ok. But you don’t do silly anythings to affect the reputation of my hotel. She's also pretty. If you want to love, it’s ok. But if she is daughter of the gentlefolk, you should behave properly. Change clothes and go out with me”.

Listening what his father said, Young Do feels angry but he can not do anything else, do not want to argue. He is resentful to dress.

......Outside, Nari vaguely hears him and his father arguing but she doesn’t know what they said. She comes back her house and end a strange afternoon. Today she met President Choi, who she never wants to meet again. But that's not important now, in her mind has just a feeling when he .... so close to her. Nari goes in the car and smiles happily.

 

Chapter 9: Does he begin to like her?