Chapter 21

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 21: The pain

Part 21.1: Old memory

"Oh, you're awake?" - Young Do is with looking sleepily, he asks Yoo Ri when hearding her footsteps - "How are you, need to in hospital?”

"No. I'm much better now. Breakfast and medication is okay "- Yoo Ri toward a couch next to him. She reached for the remote control to turn on the TV.

Young Do: "Yeah. You called to manager to take care of me, ok. I have to come to company."

Yoo Ri is fussy, grabbed his hand: "Do not hurry. Stay with me more litte time until manager comes. Unfortunately when you leave, i’m sick again and need to go to the hospital.”

Young Do sigh, he returned to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for himself. Early morning, the warm sun of early summer is shining down around the house. He took a cup in his hand enjoy the bitter of coffee and back room where Yoo Ri intently watching the news on television. It was her morning routine. Young Do was right there, he asked: "Has anything news?"

Yoo Ri: "TV is talking about a traffic accident, so horrible."

Newscaster's voice sounded, Young Do is as caught up in the news, he leaned against the wall to listen.

(TV): About 10 p.m last night happened a serious traffic accident before luxury apartment Hillstate in Gwang Jin ......

"Eh, accident before my house. Terrifying". - Yoo Ri shouted.

(TV): According to witnesses recounted the incident, a women isn’t in a state of consciousness, step down despite owner of car that made this accident and people have been warned. Currently, this women is hospitalized at the Royal Hospital, has yet to regain consciousness. Importantly, the victim was confirmed as president of the board SIB bank and director of the fashion company - RDRF, who is an influence on the economy of South Korea, Shin Nari ..... I was standing in front of hospital, all detailed information about the incident and the health status of chairman, we will notice it to you later. I'm Kim Sung Joo’s newscaster from MBC......

"Is she, Shin Nari?" - Yoo Ri stared in surprise.

The cup is on Young Do’s hand dropped in thousand pieces, the drops of hot coffee splashed all over the floor and his feet. Stunned his mind, it is completely fabricated, surely some mistake. Young Do need to verify, he rushed out of the house drove straight to the Royal Hospital.

"No, that's not you. You just want to revenge me. Ri Ri, please, listening to phone"- Young Do screamed in pain but other line still be without any signal. He drives with maximum speed.

..................

Royal Hospital,

Front of hospital with hundreds of journalists from large or small newspapers, magazines, TV station in the country and international, focused hubbub to report. Young Do has to try to overcome the blockade of the crowd, protection, police to come in the hospital. He feverishly searched and asked the nurse in the reception room: "The victim in the accident last night is Nari? Where is she?”

"What’s relationship of you and the patient? "- The nurse asked him, with inquisitive eyes.

Young Do: “I’m her friend, Young Do. You say quickly, isn’t Nari?”

"Wait for me to ask the patient's family"- Nurse says and pick up the phone and call - "Sorry for the inconvenience, but due to security reasons that they ask.”

He snapped, angrily throwing the phone of nurse in ground:" Damn, are you joking with me. Gibber, where is Nari?”

"Oh, Young Do, you also know?"- Myung Soo saw him and stepped closer.

Young Do:" Why are you here? News is that really?”

Myung Soo:" Yeah, we'd come from last night. This morning I’ve just come back my home cause of busy work. Ji Ah is still here. I had called to inform you but did not touch”.

"How is Nari? Has she woke up yet? Where is she? "- Young Do is worry to ask impatiently.

"No, still undergoing the surgery. The accident is so bad, unpredictable situation. Follow me, Nari is in the emergency room "- Myung Soo immediately turned to the nurse -" I'm sorry, he's my friend. The phone, i will compensate for the hospital, sincerely apologize for his temper.”

................

“The situation of my sister, you do not disclose to the media. Take advantage of our relations to prevent any adverse news. If the investor and member of the board of SIB know that she is serious, the company will be in big trouble and they'll find to kick her off the chair "- Shin Hyun Jung insecurity, he pacing constantly reminds his assistant.

Assistant: "Yes, I understand. But don’t worry, your parents told that they’ll coming back to Korea, they said they would take over her job instead of Ms.Shin.”

Hyun Jung:" Why did this happen to her”.

"Haizz, slow doctors still not out. It has been nearly eight hours before "- Jong Suk was also there, he shouted furiously.

Ji Ah immediately reassure everyone:" Two people calmly, I also very impatient, but now we only can wait. I believe Nari will overcome.”

"The doctor was not informed of her status? "- Myung Soo asked when he comes to with Young Dol front of the door of the emergency room. Young Do is shock before spectacle in his eyes, almost as close friends and her family are here. So it was not a joke, his feet shuffling closer, trying to see through the glass window of the room. Young Do not believe this is happening again. 10 years ago she protected him for that accident although injuries are not serious, 10 years later also cause of him, she is unconsciousness.Fear, fear grows every passing moment, he feared that he would lose her.

Jong Suk is as more angry when see Young Do. He grabbed Young Do’ shoulder, pulled him out and said: "Why are you here? This is not the place you can go.”

"Jong Suk, give him away "- Hyun Jung let Jong Suk’s hand out of Young Do, he blandly reconciliation -" Do not behave like that with him. It also pointed to worrying about Nari, if she knows that Young Do come, she’ll be happy.”

"Happy?"- Jong Suk smirk.

Hyun Jung:" Long time no see, you changed a lot, very mature. But unfortunately when we met in these circumstances.”

Young Do not answer, his eyes blankly toward where she was lying. The minute recognize the presence of Young Do not just Jong Suk but also Ji Ah feel uncomfortable. She frowned and told Young Do: "I want to talk privately with you. Out there with me quickly.”

..........

Jong Suk looked their shadow. Suspect, he whispered to his secretary ordered the track two of them. His eyes light up when receiving reports .....l more a new stratagem.

 

 

Part 21.2: The hard truth

"Last night, what happened?" - Ji Ah's face flushed, she asked indignantly

Young Do: "Why did you ask this? I do not understand.”

Ji Ah:" Do not pretend like you’re innocent. Honestly tell me.”

Young Do:" I really do not understand what you wanted to say.”

"I'm not stupid sothat you can lie me is as Nari "- Ji Ah smirked -" Accident of Nari happen in front of Hillstate, that is Yoo Ri’s apartment? How do you want to explain about this coincidence. Just yesterday morning they quarreled because of you at my company, and to night Nari is traffic accident.”

Young Do hard mouth, his face was white, the entire body can not move.

Ji Ah continued question: "What did you do to her, saying ? I told you, if not in love with her, do not joke. Nari is worthy to be treated better from you him. She can enjoy better a happy life, but she’s crazy in love a bad guy is you.”

"I'm sorry, sorry "- Young Do stammered. He knows this blame is cause of him, he did not have any words to explain, he just can apologize with all the remorse in his heart.

"I watched the CCTV of building. She's up to the house of Yoo Ri, looks pained, stunned immediately she ran away from there. And you were there before Nari came. After all, what has happened? I want you to tell me what happend between three of you. I do not need your apology. You’ve understood. What I need is you say I know. I believe that is the indirect cause of the accident. They say the spirit of Nari not awake when crossing the street, but I know she only is as to bear the pain from you "- The more she talks, the more Ji Ah could not restrain her tears. Nari is her best friend since birth, she’s known Nari for 28 years, their friendship nothing can replace. Yet, now her best friend are suffering both physically and mentally.

"How is this, Young Do?" - A middle-aged woman seemed surprised to go along with a young women.

Young Do and Ji Ah turn to look surprised. He asked: "Omma, why are you here?"

Kyung Ran: "I heard Nari is at the Royal Hospital, so hurry to visit. But security is too tight, i can not come in, luckily i meet this girl be here?”

Ji Ah:" Oh, Hyun Joo unnie”.

Hyun Joo worry: “How is Nar, has she woke?”

Ji Ah sadly not say anything more, she shook her head instead of the answer.

"But you explained to me. What this girl said that means. Why are you who cause accident of Nari. And Yoo Ri is who? "- She continued to ask her son.

Quick as a flash of lightning, everyone was shocked to see Young Do fell. Is Jong Suk, he hit Young Do when he and Hyun Jung saw all the talk of them. He did not let go, grabbed clothes and consecutive punch to Young Do. From the corner of his mouth Young Do gradually shed the blood, but he did not protest. Because he deserve it. "I thought it was due to you, bastard." - Jong Suk shouted and struck hard to Young Do. Hyun Joo stood looking scared, Kyung Ran runs on shielding her son, her voice still made ​​supplication: "Don’t, please, stop it, do not hit my son."

Young Do whispered, he pushed his mother out "Stay away, omma. I deserve so that".

"No, Young Do. Please stop." - Kyung Ran crying, she hugged Young Do. However, Ji Ah and Hyun Jung remained coldly indifferent before action of Jong Suk. They look Young Do with the eyes of hate. Fortunately, Myung Soo run, he's blocking the hit of Jong Suk, and with Hyun Joo and Kyung Ran help Young Do stand up. He said: "If have problem, can say. Although it’s blame of Young Do,no necessarily have to beat him here. Everyone must respect his mother. Ji Ah, why you do not stop Jong Suk.”.

Ji Ah loudly:" Why to do that? I want him dead. Is your friend, so you should not need to know that right or wrong and defend him.”

Jong Suk continued:" Respect? She should teach her ​​son again. How he has cheated Nari? I hit him like this too is normal.”

"Get out here quickly "- After the truth is heard, Hyun Jung speak - "I used to think you're a nice person and support you with my young sister. But it turned out to be false. I harmed her. Get out from here, I do not want to see your face anymore, Choi Young Do. You're no different than father of you, bastard. Remember that I will avenge for my sister. I will destroy you and Zeus.”

A nurse went to notice: "Chairman Shin, doctor need to meet you urgently." Just heard this, the crowd had no interest in mind about the problem of Young Do, they rush back to the emergency room. Young Do also go by, he tried to listen, but he gradually feel shock, every word the doctor said as each knife stabbed into his heart, his legs can not stand, do not even there a prop. Kyung Ran pain to see her son, holding his hand to comfort, but he pushed her hand out.

(Doctor): "Chairman Shin, I'm sorry to tell you. The condition of your sister very critical. We tried hard but could not save her. Now only maintained by the ventilator, unless a miracle she can wake up. The accident was caused ribs crushed, visceral and severe brain injury. Sorry.

"You dare say that to me? " - Hyun Jung angrily shouted - "You have to save her by any way. All you are professors, doctors in a top in Korea, and dare say that not save her?"

"Sorry." - The doctor upset, he shook his head and away.

"I will contact doctor Jordan. He's very talented. Will have a way, hyunh" - Jong Suk tried to calm Hyun Jung. But he is no less painful. Ji Ah embrace Myung Soo and sobbed.

"You haven’t yet get out of here? Where is security, call security chased him away for me" - Hyun Jung scream while still see the Young Do, his pain - "You want to stay here to mocking her? So look carefullyl, look what you made with my sister?"

Young Do elbow falls, he knelt down, pear knees on the cold floor. She was lying in bed, silent with eyes closed, breathing through a snorkel flickering that without it he would lose her forever. Eyes fade away, he saw another soul, is still her with ​​bright smile, eyes shining like stars, standing next to her body. She smiled at him, softly call: "Do Do" .............


 

 

Part 21.3: Black Diamond

"Nearly one month before, she is still in a narcotism? Do you know what news?" - Kyung Ran puts teacup on the table, and sat down in the chair.

"No" - Young Do fatigue, watched the street scene through the window of his mother's apartment - "She's still the same. I will come to hospital to consider the situation later.”

"Haiz, Family of Nari did not allow you to visit her and you still stand to look at from far?" - Kyung Ran sighed - "It's not fair, she's very good and kind, so the god let this happen to her. Young Do, I did not understand. Why do you turn yourself to the second of Choi Dong Wook? And let Nari to be a copy of me. Haiz.”

He does not say anything, Kyung Ran stood up and went over to him. She continued: "It's a pain not eased. Your father because of the love with a girl that although i was trying to replace that position but can not be. A women that father of Nari also loves. The main reason they hate each other.”

"So now where is that women? " - Young Do asked blankly.

Kyung Ran: "Dead. Because of thing that called be love. Although a person is dead, but the live peoples are still entangled in the jumble of suffering, torment and lifelong obsession. I just could not believe it was a curse for the next generation. You are footsteps of the past.”

Speaking of this, Kyung Ran cried. She also have the pain of unrequited love. During the 30 years, even if they are divorced, Kyung Ran still love Dong Wook, father of her son but he never intended for her feelings, even a little. Kyung Ran looked up Young Do, she realized the tears are falling on his cheek. She wiped tears and hugged him. In the warm embrace of the mother, Young Do suddenly cried and sobbed like a child. His pain no one can comprehend nor be freed, he choked said: "I do not want, do not want to lose Nari, omma. I'm scared ......."

...................

"Have you not dead? You’re so strong, life but not same as death, you last breath and died." - Yoo Ri spiteful, muttering every word and look sick bed where Nari is lying. The room was large, clean, modern and fully equipped. The only two girls in the room, a unconsciousness people and a hatred of the other.

"... Or let me. Just you death, will no one hinder me to conquer the rich guys "- Yoo Ri snarled angrily, she quickly removed snorkel of Nari. The beep sounded from the meter signal. At this moment, Jong Suk and the doctors were walking down the corridor, he ran inside, he pushed Yoo Ri off and reset snorkel. Jong Suk shouted: "Why do all you dare her come here?"

everyone trembling fear of the power of Jong Suk. He was relieved to see Nari back to normal, he glanced Yoo Ri, without speaking, pulling her out of the room .......

"You want to die?" - Jong Suk no mercy, he hit a hard slap to her face - "Dare to do that?"

Yoo Ri is fear, she covered her face but still trying stubborn retort: ​​"You hit me. Being crazy. I told you that it’s misunderstood.”

Jong Suk:" A misunderstanding? I warned your not to closer Nari. If you repeated this, I will kill you.”

Yoo Ri: "You kill me. I challenge you. You do not talk is like you a good people, you’re the one killed her.”

"You dare to say that? " - Jong Suk shouted, his eyes blazing angrily.

"You’re the one who presented the game to divide Young Do and her at night. If you do not do it, would be no accident at all . " - Yoo Ri challenge at him - "You hired me to do this. The success, you should quickly transfer money to me. Do not forget if you do not want that i will tell."

"You threatened me? "- Jong Suk smirked, immediately, he pressed Yoo Ri against the wall and strangled her. Yoo Ri knew inarticulate cry and struggle. She could not believe he was a brutal tiger, he said that he’ll kill her,is not a joke. Fear, Yoo Ri ‘s eyes as if to beg forgiveness .......

"Let her go of" - Young Do suddenly appear, he pushed Jong Suk aside. Two man gaze at each other, angry. Yoo Ri run to, nestled in Young Do, but immediately he pushed her hands out that touching him. Stunned, she does not understand why he had such an attitude. The voice was cold as ice, he said: "It turns out you and he conspired with each other. How much money that he’ll give you to do this vile game?"

Yoo Ri faltered not answer, but Jong Suk laughed: "Aigoo ... heard all. So what? Do not blame me, blame yourself, you fall into the trap. If you do not have any feelings for her, why I can plan success.”

"You ... you know that you had harmful Nari? " - Young Do angrily grabbed the collar of Jong Suk.

Jong Suk: "Not me, that's you. If you truly love Nari then you will never waver with other people. The accident it is because of you" .

Young Do pliers throws tantrum, he slowly let Jong Suk out. What Jong Suk arraigned, is not right. Error in part due to him, he did not dare to face his love. Jong Suk smirked, he ordered: "Yoo Ri, you go away. The story between me and you say later. Now I want to talk privately with him." Of course, Yoo Ri immediately leave as Jong Suk said, because she daren’t to disobey the order of a cruel man like him. Wait for the shadow of Yoo Ri hidden away, Jong Suk drawn from his pocket a small object and thrown towards Young Do. He was shocked to stoop to pick up an item is not intact animal shape, but he can still realize the word D.R engraved on it and streaks of dried blood.

Jong Suk: "Do you realize it?"

Young Do: "Why did it become like this? Why did you have it?"

Jong Suk: "On her arm when the accident happened. I thought how i should handle with this ring, there should be throw away is like the way that you did with my engagement ring t. Then I started thinking back, I do not want to imitate a guy like you. So I had to smash the ring and give you back is like smash your love. Now there is nothing called love. I'm also sure when Nari awake, she does not want to see it and you. Choi Young Do, you lose, go away, do not appear in my life and her. Nari, she is of me."

Jong Suk gone but still echoed his laughter in aisles. Young Do is trembling, he leaned against the wall to prop. The ring he gave her in the past have been destroyed as his love and she was not there ...... The diamond can’t shine when it is obscured by a black streak from her blood .....

 

 

Part 21.4: I love you - Forget the past

"How long have you woke up, Nari? You slept so long without feel boring?" - Ji Ah wipes the hands of Nari, she said to herself although she knew her friend can’t hear - "Hey, open your eyes? You have to compensate for me. Do you know because of you i must cancel the wedding? You has promised to do my bridesmaid but unpromising? You wake up, I could marry or you want me be lonely all life.”

"Nari is obnoxious. Why you not wake up?"- Ji Ah angry, she immediately come out to hear the phone ringing ......

The night falls over the city of Seoul, the moon was rising illumination in the dark, quiet room where there was only one girl was sleeping on the big bed. Perhaps, in the minds of her here is where peace and happiness. Close her eyes, she will no longer have to bear the pain of the job, or the pain of life and an unrequited love ...... Young Do look forward, looking back, waiting for Ji Ah go away, he sneaked into room. He went to sit beside her. 45 days have passed, always have people with be her, Young Do can not meet her, contact her, he reallybe  worried and miss her. Luckily, tonight he met a good chance.

Young Do her face tenderly, he kissed her forehead, whispered: "Ri Ri, I'm sorry, really sorry to you. Please wake up , you can scold me, angry me, beat me, but do not be silent. I’m scared. I’m stupid to not admit my feelings and to lose you. I LOVE YOU. Do you hear, Ri Ri. I love you, love you so much.”
"Aigoo, love? " - Ji Ah smirked, her arms crossed, leaning against the wall, scrutiny Young Do - "You also know to select time to confess. Why are you free to come there to tease a coma people?”
Young Do startled stood up, he explained:" Ji Ah, you misunderstood. I did not mean it like that. I'm just anxious to visit Ri Ri.”
Ji Ah intense up: "Anxiety, now you want to fool anyone. Get out of here immediately. No one greets you."
Young Do: "Please let me in with Nari a moment and then I'll go. One more time. Please.”
"No, no. Go away. If you do not want, i’ll call security "- Ji Ah pulls Young Do away.
His hands gripped her hand, but Ji Ah’s very stubborn, determined to chase him out of here because she hate him, hate who hurt your friend. As the magic happens in the summer night, when he let go, suddenly her hand lightly touching his arm as if to pull him back. Young Do surprise, he turned his head, calling her "Ri Ri". Both he and Ji Ah were extremely surprised cause of Nari’s hand move, and her eyes are the tears flowed. Ji Ah’s joy, she did not even bother to Young Do, she frantically called doctor.
Tears of happiness fell on his cheek. Young Do holds her hand tightly, he whispered: "Have you heard me? Ri Ri, you woke up and then quickly opened your eyes to look at me, talk to me. Please." .... Teardrops keep falling in his eyes and her. Soon, doctors and nurses rushed to, they invited him out to examine Nari Young ..... Young Do wait impatiently but not know the results because her family were present at the hospital when Ji Ah calls for good news. They kicked him out of when they saw him. Young Do also can not do anything else because it is hospital of Royal Group. He sadly goes out...
...............

10 days later,

- "Young Do, I have good news for you. Nari, she wakes up."

"Really, you're not kidding me" - Young Do joyfully scream in the phone - "Now how is she, Myung Soo?”

"Perception is everything, the situation is better, can say a few words. The doctor could not believe that Nari can live up so wonderful. They still monitor cause of worrying that her brain can becomplications. But .. "- Myung Soo whispered, vigilance -" Ji Ah come, I can not speak. I will inform later. Sorry, I just do not want Ji Ah be angry me about that.”

Young Do: "I understand, thank you."

Young Do smiling, he hastily grabbed the car key on the table, quickly leave from company. Seeing this, his secretary asked him: "President, where’re you going? Next 10 minutes, the meeting’s going to take place."

"Postpone" - Young Do responded curtly, he quickly ran to the parking lot and drives car to hospital.

......
Young Do froze before his eyes is her with dark eyes is trying to talk to butler. The ineffable joy can not be described in words, he slowly walked in, moved his lips only know her name. The two women amazed when he appeared.

Hwang’ butler embarrassing, she walked to Young Do, told him: "Invite you go away". But he does not want to heed she said, he approached her with a happiness, gently spoke: "Ri Ri, thank god, you woke up. You know that I'm anxious for you? "

Nari did not blink at him, she did not say a word, try to manually press the bell nearby. Alarm rang through the room. About a minute later, all doctors and nurses were present. Young Do dumbfounded, he does not know what she wants to do. A doctor asked her: "Ms. Shin, where she felt uncomfortable?"

"I'm fine. But you push this men out of here. I do not like strangers appear here." - Nari calmly answered, she turned to Hwang -" Ahjuma, now you tell my guards excluding day or night, do not let anyone in here? I do not like this happen again. "

Despite the crowd was trying to pull him out of the room, Young Do insisted protest, he shouted: "Ri Ri, I'm sorry, do not treat me like that? Give me a chance to explain. Please.”

The door slammed, Young Do as always had quietly watched her through the glass window at a distance. The butler is afraid to say: "You really do not want to see Mr. Choi anymore? I know he's wrong with you, but the time that you’re in hospital, he frequented to visit her although your parents not allowed to meet you. I think he is very remorseful".

Nari: "What are you talking about, ahjuma? You’re talking about him? This person named is Young Do? "

"You, you ...  do not you remember? Mr. Choi, anything about him "- Hwang’ butler panic asked ....

"No. No at all. I do not know who he is "- Nari said, emotionless face, sad eyes, she looks up the clear blue sky ... .. Summer of pains ...