Chapter 1

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 1: New schoolyear.

Part 1.1: The meeting in the little restaurant – Love*

Spring, 2014…

3p.m, Choi young do (YD) is happy to go to Love restaurant where he is dating with his mom.

(*Love restaurant: where he missed last date to his mom 4 years ago)

Mom: “YD, I’m here.”- She waves her hand.

YD smiles, comes on and says: “ why were you call me? What’s happen? Today, the hotel is crowed. I’m very veryyyyyy busy.” (His mean that he has many dish what he must clean :)) ). “Because of you, I have ro run to here and stop to work. So tired.. =.=” – He says again – “But, I missssssss you so much, mommy”.

Suddenly, the waiter interrupt their conversation: “Would you like anything?”

Mom: “YD, you order.”

YD: “Two Ramen, that is all”

The waiter: “Ok, Plz, wait for minute”

After the waiter moves, they continue to talk…

Mom: “YD, tomorrow is begin new schoolyear, you’ll graduate and go to university, won’t you? I know, my son is very handsome, intelligent, sure that you’ll do that – a best way, best university. I belive. Plz try to hard study. I’m sorry for leaving you alone.

Now, I promise that I am always be side you, take care you and offset everything. YD, forgive me. That is present which I buy to give you to congrat new schoolyear. You open it and do you like? ^^”

YD (his tears is welling , pick it from mom): “Mommy..”

From kitchen, the boss calls: "Nari, you brought  2 Ramen to the table of 6, quickly"

Nari "Yes" - ugly waitress nippily finish the cleanup to brought food to table of 6.

"Wish you eat appetizing" - She smiled with them.

Meanwhile, YD open gift that his mom bought to give him. It was a beautiful pen. Of course, above all is mom’s love to YD.

YD: “I like it so much. Thank you”.

She cuddle hí cheek: “You like, I’m happy. Eat ramen, then I will take you to buy some of the things to prepared for the new schoolyear,"

YD: “Don’t need mom. Be side you, is enough :D”

They smile each other and enjoy this ramen.

Nari goes toward the kitchen where the waiter is taking a break (because the restaurant is deserted). Nari still looks back.

He brandish his hand in front of Nari’s face: "What happened?"

Nari: “That guy is happy. Have a good mother. His mother bought him for the new schoolyear”.

Waiter: "In high school,  so my mother was. Wasn’t your mom, Nari?"

Nari is confused: "Of course, she was…. Come back to work”.

Approximately 30 minutes later, hand in hand, YD and mother step out of the restaurant to go shopping on Sunday afternoon,at the end of vacation. Somewhere has starry eyes still follow them....

 

Part 1.2: I belong to social welfare group

The first day of the new schoolyear….

“Today is beautiful weather " - ES talk to KT - "This year, we have to try to increase place, cause we’re going to graduate." After receiving unofficial consent from Kim’ Chairman, the love of ES & KT always felicitous - a innocent love. They look happy together, hand in hand and walking the playground as couple CY & BN  are funny each other.

Behind, YD goes slowly, his eyes are following ES. He left her and want to forget her "I won’t see you again. I’m dumping you. I though i told you, i don’t do friends. You were always a girl to me. You’re still a girl to me. And from this moment, my frist crush, let’s not say hi when we run into each other, let’s not stay in touch. Even if time passes by, let’s not look back and talk about it and if we’re nostalgic about the past "- YD remember. His heart feels hurt. It’s difficult to do this, very hard to forget CES. YD can not deny to himself that he will remember and love her.

Myung Soo is running and putting his hand on YD’ shoulder as wake up YD from sad memories "How are your vacation? Sometime see mom? Listen to me”.

Spring comes, winter is end, the sun is shining warm around the Jeguk’ school yard. Each student step down from the luxury cars, they’re greeting a friend, exchange stock prices, economic situation, ....The everyday stories of the richer, complex and headace x(...

Suddenly, a happy girl is riding bicycle on here. Some scornful eyes watch her. The bell is ringing ....

In 11th classroom. "This year, our class welcome a new student. You introduce about yourself" - the teacher says.

"Hello everyone. My name is Shin Nari. I like merriment in life. Hopefully we'll become good friends.”

Everybody look towards Nari. She has short-haired, starry eyes behind glasses, her face freckle.

"Hey! What groups do you belong to? How do your parents do?" - one voice says from the bottom class.

Nari smiles, "I think I belong to groups or my parents are not as important as I am. However, You want to know, I also say that i belong to social welfare group”.

Class become noisy, teacher surprise to see Nari. A little girl blinks with teacher.

"Okay,Shut up. Nari, I know You is always excellent student and always rated the best place in old school. Therefore, You continue to try here. Now, come back to your table, here. "- she pointed the table next to window. Nari sits on it, opens books. So many eyes follow her and whisper: "a person belongs to social welfare group again, and is Bookworms, too. Why don’t they disappear. Haha ..."

Nari dissemble. Suddently, one shy voice to greeting her: "Hi, I’m chae rim. I belong to social welfare group, too. Glad to be your friend"

Nari nods and smiles as response CR’ greeting: "Me too, chae rim".

She turns back into the unit adn listens to teacher's teachings.

This time, in the 12th classroom, each student is also very convergent to teachings because they know that the difficulties exam is going to come.

So, YD does. But sometimes he peep ES .....

 

Part 1.3: See you again

At lunch break, Nari and chae rim (CR) talk happily to walk into the canteen. Seems, their friendship between two stranger girls formed a long time.

"Look, the poor-ers go together, it's disgusting." Of course Nari and CR are both clearly hear every word, but with her personality, Nari is consoled her friend and enjoy lunch.

CR whispered: "Although Choi young do ‘s empire ends, they still despised and stigmatized social welfare group as us. I am so admirable when you’re brave to admit in the class, I can not do that. Well I'm glad to make friend with you”.

Nari smiles, she gives one spoon rice to eat. With Nari, all over the world happy or sad times, how difficult can be solved with a smile.

CR continues to say: "My dad has driven for General director’s ABC company* (furniture bussiness), so I go to Jeguk’s school. How about you?”

Nari is ecstatic, she hesitantly replies: " well ... my ... my dad, too.”

CR: "Your dad has also driven for ABC company, hasn’t he?”

Nari: "No, Royal Group * "(the most powerful corporations in Korean, business everything from resort, bar, hotel, entertainment area, .... Author doesn’t know how to describe  =)))

Nari suddenly startles, she doesn’t want to mention this name at all, just look at her friend surprised face. Nari euphemisms and asks CR: "What is the Choi Young Do-empire?" ...

CR chews food in mouth, look at everywhere: "That, he is CYD, learns above a course. Previously, he was the most brutal man, always bully the peoples belong to social welfare group. You move to this school and cannot know. Last year, I saw he bullied a different man, too horrible.”

Nari glances. She’s thinking that she has seen him somewhere. CR goes on: "The previous semester, everyone talked that from he loved ES, he changed personality. But unfortunately she did not love him and love KT”.... CR says everything to Nari and point to her know: "Sit on this table is KT, the second son of jeguk corporations, ES also belongs to our group”.

Nari enjoy with CR’ stories. She is quietly listening and watching YD’ face. Suddenly Nari exclaims: "Oh". "What happened?" - CR asked.

"Nothing" - Nari reply. She remembers YD, his happy and gentle face (as rabbit: D) when he was beside his mother at the restaurant where she works part-time. She is wondering why the people who she met yesterday became legendary despot in Jeguk’s high school. She don’t know ..........

The first day in new school with Nari is that. She has a new friend, knows some information about the students, there's nothing special. Just ...

YD rides motor to the grocery store, where many of his memories of ES. Take noddle box, bring to the cash desk, walk to the table on the sidewalk, he do everything unconsciously. Those making him more miserable and remember about ES. He wishes that she would sleep on the opposite side, he would watch her and protect her again. YD lie down on the table, he feel tired.

From the cash desk, the cashier looks at where YD is sitting: "See you again" - she talk herself. She approachs the YD. "You look tired or sore somewhere. What can I do for you? "- She asked curiously.

Was strange voice interrupted space and dream, YD is angry and stand up, replies curtly:"No". Climb motor and go away, he left behind a bowl of noodles and young girl bewilders and look at him.

Nari backs to work, she can not stop her heart thinking about him. Only 2 days she has seen every aspect of a people. Love mother; first love with ES, inconsolable. Strong, weak, and his droopy eyes .....

 

 

 

*** Coming soon: Chapter 2: Heart flutters ***