Set to another journey

Trapped In An Alternate Universe

"So, we must be going now. Thank you for the stay." Kris said for us as we bowed to Grandma Seo and Jaena for letting us stay at their house for the past two weeks we were here. It was nice of them, to be honest, since they were really kind hearted to let strangers in their house.

The other two? Well, their training went off well, they could control their beasts better. They learned how to summon them too. Since Kris's power was originally flight, he was lucky he already knew the basics of it. Chanyeol's flames were hard to control, but with Suho's help, it came out nice.

Before they left, Grandma Seo made lots and when I say lots, I mean LOTS like 4 or 5 containers consists of kimbap and fruits. Jaena also made herbal juice for them, as well as a few bottles of juice or plain water.

After bidding goodbye to both of them, the four set another journey to find the other members. 

They were given 4 horses for the journey, and a grey coloured cape with a symbol representing the village they went a while ago on the button-use collar. (in the cape, instead of ropes, imagine a button with the symbol) 

After an hour of silence, Kris decided to lighten the atmosphere. "So, where are we heading to?"

"And I thought you were EXO's cold leader?" Chaeri questioned back in a teasing tone. Kris rolled his eyes, annoyed. Chaeri smiled and answered, "We're heading to a small kingdom which happens to be 3 days away if we travel by horses."

"Why are we heading there again?" Chanyeol asked.  This time, Suho was the one answering. "To find the person whom we thought either Baekhyun or Luhan hyung since Jaen- no, almost the whole village said there's a beautidul singer in weird clothes but then given another set of clothes so people won't think he's too weird and kicks him out."

"But why Chen or Kyungsoo aren't included?" This question was asked by the only female. "Because they say 'beautiful singer', and the only ones I could think of was Baekhyun and Luhan hyung." "Agree." The other two men said. Chaeri nodded and another set of silence grew again.

The whole ride towards their destination was full of awkwardness. Well, except for the small talks Kris made with Suho, but nothing else. Even the forever happy virus can't make the atmosphere any better. Overall, it was silent and awkward.

As night came, the four musketeers decided to have a short break under a big tree, enough for all of them to shade under. Their horses were tied to the trunk of the tree and they all laid down, had a simple dinner with kimbap and a fruit each before setting themselves to sleep. They used their capes to warm themselves in the cold night.

Chaeri couldn't sleep, so she decided to sing a song softly. Shockingly, the song that came out of was EXO-M's Baby Don't Cry, somehow that chinese ballad made her sleepy and calm. Before she could reach Tao's rap, she silently fell asleep.

The EXO trio heard her singing and smiled. Once they realized she was asleep, Kris decided to continue the rap part and both EXO-K members, Chanyeol and Suho finished the song.

Once finished, the snuggled closer to each other for more warmth before finally get some slumber.

 

In a small kingdom, someone's POV

 

I walked along the streets, hoping to find a strategic place to attract the villagers. Soon, I found myself near a small fruit stall. It was pretty crowded today, so I began singing a random soft song that came in my mind.

nan ajik jejarijyo yeojeonhi geudae gyeoteseo hemaeida jichyeoseo
oneuldo geudael maemdolda haru tto haru heulleo heulleoseo yeogikkaji ongeojyo
almyeonseo apeun nae mam almyeonseodo
utneun geudaega nal deo apeuge hajyo

I realized people started to gather around me as I sing. Trying to ignore it and focus on my singing, I went to the first chorus of the song.

nareul deo saranghage mandeulji motan nae jalmosijyo
naega deo saranghaeseo mandeureobeorin nae jalmosijyo
nae maeummankeum nareul deo saranghage haji motaesseotdeon geoyeotjyo
nae jalmosijyo

As I sang the song, I started to remember the composer and the owner of this song. I put my self deeper into the song, and before I knew, tears started to stung in my eyes. The song is too soft and the meaning of it is sad, and until now, I still couldn't believe that it was her who actually wrote the song and sang it too with her girls.

Before I knew it, it was the , as the last chorus of the song.

apeun jul almyeonseodo itjireul motan nae jalmosijyo
dachil kkeol almyeonseodo biuji motan nae jalmosijyo

modeun ge nae tasiraedo geuraedo gwaenchanhayo
geudaeman itdamyeon eonjekkajina
Ooh ireon nal yongseohaejwoyo
geudael saranghan nal

And, a single tear managed to fins its way out. I quickly wiped it before anyone sees it.

Hearing numerous amounts of applause, I bowed 90 degrees and some kind hearted people gave some money to me. I thanked them sincerely and before I moved on, I saw a familiar guy. He was fair and based on his side profile I saw for a split second, he has deep dimples.

Deep dimples. Fair skin. It couldn't be, right?

I put the money I got into my small handmade bag and walked towards the guy. As I got closer, I called out. "Hyung?" He stopped and I stopped as well. He turned around and the first thing that popped out in my mind when I saw his facial features was unicorn.

Unicorn. Deep Dimples. Fair skin. Yup, it's him alright. No doubts.

"Hyung!!!" I clinged on him like a koala. He smiled seeing me and hugged me as well. After a few minutes of happy tears that came out of nowhere and long brotherly hug, we finally broke it. "You haven't change much, hyung." I said, wiping my tears.

"You should say it to yourself, kid." He retorted back and I just chuckled at him. "I've been watching you sing around here, seems like your passion about music haven't change. And wasn't that SNSD sunbaenim's song, Mistake? The one that Yuri noona wrote?" He asked.

I nodded. "Neh. Somehow that song just came out of the blue, so I just sang. How have you been, Lay hyung?" I asked back. Lay hyung just shrugged. "Nothing much, busy treating people here and there. Where are you staying?" And, that's the question I've been avoiding.

"N-nowhere, hyung... I would just sleep when I feel tired..." I looked down in embarrasment. Suprisingly, Lay hyung side-hugged me when I thought he would either laugh or angry. "Then stay at my house. I arrived here earlier than you, like what? The moment we arrive her, in this weird world?" He joked. I giggled softly but agreed on staying with him.

Both of us changed a few conversations together before going back to Lay hyung's place. It was just a small house, with one small bedroom and a small bathroom with the only source of water was the well behind his house. "Sorry if it's not accommadating, but it should do. You're fine sharing a bed with me, right?" The Chinese Changsha man asked. I nodded, and when I checked the bed, shockingly it fitted for both of us, despite my small body and Lay hyung's slim one.

He lent me a new set of clothes to change into and told me to take a bath since I smell stink.

"Really hyung? Really?" I asked irritatedly as I punched him lightly. He laughed it off and went to the kitchen to cook dinner for the both of us. After I finished my refreshing bath, he went in and took his short but calming bath as he said.

We ate dinner, and the taste wasn't different in any ways than when we were at the dorm. "How was it?" I smiled and answered the same thing I used to. "Maa kkaepsong~" And both of us started to create more conversations until bedtime approaches.

"Goodnight hyung," I said, yawning. "And thanks for the stay." He gave me a soft smile as his answer. Before I close my eyes, I asked him again. "Can you sing a song for me?" He was a bit shocked but nodded and told me to close my eyes. I did what he said and snuggled closer against his chest as his arms wrapped around her and he pulled the blanket up to my chin.

kàn bú jiàn nǐ de xiào wǒ zěn me shuì dé zhe
nǐ de shēng yīn zhè me jìn wǒ què bào bú dào
méi yǒu dì qiú, tài yáng hái shì huì rào
méi yóu lǐ yóu, wǒ yě néng zì jǐ zǒu
nǐ yào lí kāi, wǒ zhī dào hěn jiǎn dān
nǐ shuō yī lài, shì wǒ men de zǔ ài
jiù suàn fàng kāi, dàn néng bu néng bié mò shōu wǒ de ài
dàng zuò wǒ zuì hòu cái míng bai

Right after he finished singing, he looked at the sleeping face in his arms. He sighed. "Goodnight..." He repositioned himself into a more comfortable position without waking up the sleeping boy in his arms. He closed his eyes and hummed a soft tune before following the latter to dreamland...

 

 


Ha! I think you know who's POV is it~

No? Read carefully, one word is enough to know who XD Not Lay, 'kay?

And, the song Lay sang was Rainbow by Jay Chou. He covered it once as a duet with Kris (KRAY~~~!)

But seriously, Kris's singing voice and short rap made my heart flutter~