Chapter 2

Just Another Cool Kid

"Remember, the quarter is quickly coming to an end. Make sure you have all your materials ready. I have high expectations from all f you." Mr. Seo said, looking around the room at everybody.

"Seonsaengnim"

Every turned their heads toward the owner of the voice. It was Jang Yooseung. That girl was the definition of gossip.

"Yes" Mr. Seo replied.

"Is it true you're getting married soon?" Yooseung asked, leaning forward in her seat. The other girls in class followed suit and looked up at him with desperate eyes. Other than me of course. Ew.

Mr. Seo chuckled and glanced around, meeting my eyes briefly. I smirked and he shook his head.

"And how is this relevant to your quarterly project, Yooseung?"

She giggled. "Well my presentation this time is about marriage between an oppa and a dongsaeng"

The other girls giggled and I rolled my eyes in disgust. What is she even trying to do here?

"Well I hope you do more research, because I will be the one grading your presentations" He said, picking up his materials.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost time for the end of class. I grabbed my notebooks and started stuffing my things in my bag, but no one was following and I just shook my head.

"But seonsaengnim, is it true? Rumors are flying everywhere. And what harm would take place if you told us? We're just students anyway."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Cham this girl, seriously" I mumbled under my breath before putting my back pack on and turned my whole body towards her. "Ya, Jang Yooseung. Everyone here knows about your undying love for seonsaengnim, so if he told us he was getting married then we know you would surely attend the wedding and cause a commotion."

Everyone else giggled in agreement and Mr. Seo chuckled as Yooseung's cheeks turned red.

She glared at me, "What are you talking about Baekah? I wouldn't cause a commotion. I would congratulate them and meet his dongsaengs and marry one of them"

Everyone burst into laughter and Yooseung and I shared a grin before turning our attention back to Mr. Seo who had opened his mouth to speak again.

"Well, as a matter of fact, those rumors are actually true. But!" he added as Yooseung opened again, "Don't push your luck because that's all you'll get from me"

We all shot Yooseung and she scoffed,"What? I was just going to congratulate seonsaengnim for getting engaged. Sheesh"

The bell rang just as she finished talking and everyone started heading out the doors. Being in the farthest corner I had to wait for everyone to get out first.

"Miss Song"

I jumped and glanced, noticing Mr. Seo for the first time. Usually teachers left before students, and Mr. Seo always left 2 minutes before the bell rang.

"Mister Seo" I replied

"You know, you didn't have to defend me back there. It was useless anyway" he said setting his things back down on the podium.

"Useless?" I scoffed."Hey, Yooseung and I make a good team at making the class laugh, FYI"

He chuckled, "That is true. You know I thought you two would give me trouble at the beginning of the year. It's interesting how you girls get along so well."

I shrugged, sitting down on top of a nearby desk. "So, why did you reveal it to them?"

He gave me an accusing look, "Well if someone hadn’t started spreading around some rumors, I wouldn't have"

I raised my hands up, "Ya, you've got it all wrong. I'm not the one spreading those around. It's probably one of those nosy female teachers. You seriously have to watch where you answer phone calls."

He looked at me thoughtfully, "You're okay with it though, right? Me revealing it"

I shrugged again, swinging my legs.

"That one, Jung Yooseung, she's a nosy one. I guess I have to be more careful."

I giggled, "It's Jang, you pabo. And resort to texting, rather than calling. You're so old fashioned"

"Well I can't just text my father and expect an answer within an hour" he retorted.

I grinned, "That's true. He might not even know how to open a text. I'll try to teach him next time" I promised and he laughed.

"Cham. Aish, you." He glanced at the clock and widened his eyes. "Well you should go get dinner. It's getting late, and your friends are probably waiting for you, wondering where you went"

I raised an eyebrow, "And you? Stop working so hard oppa"

He glanced at me and smiled, "I'm not working that hard. Hey, you want me to walk you there"

She gave him a look and got down from the desk, "Are you crazy?"

He chuckled and gathered his things in his arms. "I'll go first then. Don't stay up too late and make sure to study instead of going on that website, alright?"

I rolled my eyes and fixed my uniform, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just go already."

He gave her one last smile before walking towards the door and leaving.

I stared at the closing door and shook my head.

"That oppa. Aish, jincha"

 

______________

 

"Baekah! Is it really true? I heard Mr. Seo confirmed that he was really going to get married!"

I narrowed my eyes at Moori. "You too?" I asked in disbelief as I sat down on my bed.

"What?" she said, turning red.

I shook my head, "He's like, what? 30? He's older than you by more than 10 years, Ri"

She gasped, "Is he really that old? Wow, he totally looks like he's 23" She mumbled in awe.

I gave her look, "I don't know. Where were you at dinner?"

She gave me an apologetic look, "I had to go to the library. My presentation is turning out how I want it to"

I sighed and laid down, feeling my head my pillows. "I saw Misoo get rejected earlier"

She gasped, "Really? Is she okay? Did he reject her nicely?"

I closed my eyes and tried to remember of the events that place earlier.

"Well he was really cocky as usual. She ran to a bathroom crying and I saw him smirk as he watched her leave. That Mark Tuan is honestly the most annoying person ever"

I heard some movements on her side of the bed, but no reaction came, causing me to open my eyes and look over at her. She was holding a piece of paper and looking down at it sadly.

"What's that?"

Her head shot up and she gave me a sheepish smile. "Nothing, just….nothing"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "You're not planning on confessing to him, are you?"

She forced a giggle, Of course not. But you know…." she bit her bottom lip, "He's not as bad as you think. My sister said that she saw him once out of school and he was really nice to her"

I let a mocking laugh, "That's because you're eonni is pretty and she's a noona. Of course he would be nice to her"

She sighed and stuffed the paper in a notebook. "Whatever. I'm going to go wash up. You should too. You can't stay up too late tonight. We have a history quiz tomorrow."

"Uh-huh" I replied, closing my eyes again.

"I'm serious Baekah" She said as she gather up her toiletries.

Once I heard the door close, I sat up and looked at the notebook on her bed.

"Should I?" I ask myself.

Moori was naturally nice to everyone. But she never, in the two years I've know her, ever defended Mark. This has to be the result of her feelings for him.

I frowned at that thought. So many girls have had their hearts broken by him. I didn’t want her to go through that as well. He's rejected more girls than he's actually dated. And even those few girls who got lucky and had their confessions accepted ended up heartbroken. None of his relationships had ever lasted more than a month, same with his friends. They were a cocky, heartless bunch.

I do admit that he's attractive, but with that type of personality, I was disgusted by him 3 days after entering the school.

Thank god that I haven't had a class with him ever. I just hope my luck stays with me until next year. After that, I won't have to worry about him anymore.

I stared at the notebook for a couple more minutes before deciding that I can trust Moori's words, even though her body language was telling me otherwise.

I glanced at the clock on my desk and sighed. Maybe I should sleep earlier tonight.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Filler update. I hope it's not too boring. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Here's another gif of Mark.

Not really relevant to the story, but he's so adorable I can't resist :p

(ps he's not even my bias in GOT7)