Chapter 5

Just Another Cool Kid

"What'd he say?"  Moori asked over lunch.

I held back an eye roll and glanced at her cluelessly. "What?"

She gave me a look, "Come on Bee. What'd Mark talk about with you?"

I gave her a confused look, "I don't know what you're talking about Ri"

She slammed her hands down n the table, scaring the crap out of me, and making me drop my fork full of mashed potatoes on the table.

"Song Baekah" she growled. I widened my eyes and leaned away from her. "I saw Mark Tuan go outside right after you left. That phone call could not have taken long. If you don't tell me right now-"

"Okay, okay" I cut in, not wanting to be killed before I could finish these mashed potatoes. If you had a taste of these, you would want to be able to finish it too.

I waited until she had calmed down, now looking a bit embarrassed, before thinking back to the scene.

 

 

"What do you want?"

He held his hands up, "Hey, I was just making sure you were okay. You got out of there pretty quickly"

I shot him a look, "What's it to you?"

He smiled, "Well, seeing as I'm a gentleman, I should do as all gentlemen should do, right?"

I scoffed, "Yeah. Whatever you say"

He raised an eyebrow, "Are you like, a new student here? Transfer from a different major….or a different school? I don't think I've seen you around here before."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I've been here since freshman year, thank you very much. Now if you'll excuse me"

I made way towards the door, but he walked over so that he was right in front of it. "Sounds like you don't like me very much. Hmm, maybe a kiss on the cheeks will make that all better?"

I grinded my teeth and pushed him away from the door before storming in.

 

"I'm telling you Moori, that guy's a total egotistical jerk. I have no idea what you see in him" I muttered angrily as I stuffed the last of the mashed potato in my mouth.

She shot me an annoyed look, "I never said I liked him!"

I shot her an accusing look back, "Liar"

She bit her lip and stood up. I glanced up at her surprised. "Where are you going?"

She let out a small sigh before picking up her tray. "I'm not very hungry, I'll go back to the room first. You can take your time"

Which literally translates to 'Stay out as long as possible. I'm not in a very good mood'

I watched her retreating figure and sighed, pushing away my tray. "Great. Just perfect" I mumbled.

I glanced around the cafeteria, and watched as a group of girls entered, waking backwards. Right after them came a group of guys, including that 'gentleman'. I groaned and slumped down in my chair. "Why is today not cooperating with me?"

I watched them get in line, surrounded by obsessed fangirls. As they were walking to their table, in the center of the room, one of the guys caught my stare. He narrowed his eyes and I raised an eyebrow daringly. He just shook his head and sat down, breaking eye contact.

"Oh my damn. Did I just become an enemy of that rockstar wannabe?" I muttered under my breath as I got up and threw my trash away.

 

 

 

There was nothing for me to do. Absolutely nothing.

 I got up from the bench I've been sitting on  for the past hour and walked towards the nearest building.

The library.

I wrinkled my nose but entered anyway. Might as well.

The librarian, Mrs. Lee, glanced up at from her book and gave me a smile, before returning to her story or whatever. I trudged further into the library and entered an empty isle. There wasn't many students and most were reading books and napping. I ran my hands along the bindings of some of the books before picking a random one.

The Scarlet Letter

I studied it for a couple of seconds before walking out of the isle and sitting down at a random table.

We had to read this for English class last year and I had copied the quiz answers from Moori, who was sitting next to me. I had skimmed the first couple of pages before burying it deep in my bag, not taking it out again until we had to return the books back to our teacher.

But now that I read the synopsis from the back, it actually seems really interesting. A women having an affair and being forced to wear a S on her clothes announcing her sin. I turned to the first page and read.

4 hours later, my phone rang to the tone of Big Bang's Fantastic Baby loudly, startling me and the sleeping guy just a couple tables away. He throws me a dirty look before setting his head down again. I scoff at his figure and pick up my phone.

"Hello?"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Omg this was like super y and super late and uggghhh.

All I can say is I'm so sorry.

Next update will be very soon. Promise!