Chapter 3

Just Another Cool Kid

The rest of the week I saw no sign of that Mark Tuan boy, and Moori also stopped defending him while he came up in conversations during lunch or in class.

My life was finally going on the right track.

I gave a happy sigh and sat down in my chair beside Moori's. Art class was my haven and I could finally do my work in peace without having to listen to some girl's sob story about how Mark Tuan played her.

Moori and I set up our station and sat back down just as Ms. Ahn came in.

"Hello class" she greeted, smiling brightly at us.

"Hello Ms. Ahn" we answered back, or more like the guys in our class answered back. Ever since the beginning of the year, the boys had shown their interest in the new young art teacher. The boys in this class acted the same as the girls in Improv Class with Mr. Seo. But what's weird was that their fans had started 'shipping' them together. Although, it was no secret that Ms. Ahn has a little teeny tiny crush on Mr. Seo

"Alright, today I want you to just sketch out brainstorm ideas." She said, standing in front of the class, holding a cup of coffee from Starbucks. "We all know that next semester is the annual Show&Tell Showcase. As I've explained at the beginning of the school year, we will present realistic art, with a mix of abstract. Kind of like an optical illusion, but not exactly. Of course you are in charge of what you present, depending on what other department you are in. We'll worry more about this after your quarterly evaluations. So for now, just put your brains to use"

We nodded and turned to face our easel's.

"What are you going to do?"

I turned to my left and saw Moori looking at me. I shrugged, "Maybe something similar to last year. Taking 'realistic art' to another level. I wonder if we could just make art on stage?" I mumbled to myself before turning my attention back to her, "So how about you, Miss JYP?"

She shot me look before showing a troubled expression, "My cousin's coming to it this year, so I have to make sure our section doesn't come up with a boring idea. I have to prove to him that I can be as good, and maybe, even better than him"

I chuckled, "You guys started dancing at the same time. You've both kept taking lessons and improving, so how in the world is one of you better than the other?"

She sighed and turned t face her blank piece of paper, "You just don't get it. You're cousins are all business people, they don't know what you have to go through, Miss Shin Bora. They all just support you, because what they see is the best. They haven't felt the competition, nor the rush of doing it. They don't know the do's and don'ts.  You've got it all easy Baekah"

I gulped and gaped at her. For a couple of seconds we stayed like that, me staring at her, and her staring at the paper. It wasn't until someone ripped a piece of paper off the easel that she turned to look at me, her cheeks instantly reddening.

I raised an eyebrow, "Wow, that was really deep. Sorry for being shallow"

She grinned and shook her head, "No. Oh god, Baekah, I'm sorry. I just got caught up in the moment."

I reached out and patted her shoulder, "Ya, am I not your best friend or what? You can tell me these type of things anytime. And I'm sorry for not taking you seriously before when you talked about your cousin."

She gave me a smile, "Thanks, Bee, I really appreciate it"

I smile back and took my hand back. "Well if you really want some good ideas, you can look some up on-"

"No" she interrupted before I could even finish. I pouted and turned back to my easel.

"I was just suggesting. Sheesh" I muttered. In my peripheral vision, I can see her smiling in amusement.

 

 

"We will start evaluation presentations Monday." Mr. Seo announced, once everyone had settled down in their seats. "Like last time, you will be going in alphabetical order ending  with Kang Suhyuk, and will starting with Go Wonmi, possibly on Wednesday. Remember to be prepared when you come in, or else I will have to put down a zero."

"Ne" we replied in unison.

"Alright, you have the rest of the class to prepare. Class prez please do your job" he said, looking over at a blushing Kim Sungyeon before leaving.

Sungyeon giggled before standing up. "You guys heard Mr. Seo, I won't even think twice about reporting someone, so you all better do your work" she said.

Some guys shot her irritated looks but most of the girls just threw her teasing glances.

"Ya, Sungyeon-ah, you should just make up a story and spend some time with seonsaengnim" Yooseung suggested, giggling.

I rolled my eyes at the two and scanned my script. All the blocking was neatly written on the outside margin, courtesy of Moori, who couldn't stand my 'god awful' handwriting.

I was mouthing the lines when I heard my name being called.

"Yoohoo, Baekah-nim"

I shot Yooseung a look,"What now?"

"You know, it's really weird." she said, slowly walking over and leaning on Sungyeon's desk, which was right next to mine.

I raised an eyebrow and put down my script, "What is?"

"The longest time seonsaengnim ever holds eye contact with a student…..it's with you." she stated, narrowing her eyes. The nearby girls turned in their chairs and looked at me too.

I gulped and glared back at her, "You know, you're really like a sasaeng fan, Yooseung?"

She smirked, You're not denying it, Baekah."

I let out a loud, exaggerated sigh and glanced at all the girls looking at me with curious eyes, "Guys, is it my fault the teacher thinks I'm insanely beautiful and just can't keep his eyes off me?"

Some gasped and I saw Yooseung and Sungyeon's mouths drop down.

I forced out a chuckle, "But no worries. I have no interest in a man who thinks becoming a teacher is the best thing ever. You guys know I favor athletes and college guys more"

Literally all the girls let out a sigh of relief and I just shook my head. That was close. Damn you Yooseung.

"So, Baekah, what makeup brand do you use?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg sorry for a short, late, crappy update. Believe it or not, I've actually thought about updating every day since the last, but I was just so busy. But now the the 3rd quarter is over, I have more time. Yay :D

As you can see I don't really have an update schedule. I just update whenever I finish writing the chapter.

Also, I'm sorry for the lack of GOT7. I promise, they'll be in the next chappie.

And another also! I went by the Korean alphabetical order and not the typical English alphabet order. Though I do think I did it wrong.

But anyway here's Mark and Jackson 

 

 

 

And because I'm really really sorry, here's a super y Yixing