Chapter 4

Just Another Cool Kid

"Bee, you're coming right?"

I felt hands shaking me and I opened one eye. I saw Moori wide awake and dressed , with her hair wet, probably from a shower.

"What?" I asked, not really catching on.

She sighed and gave me a look, "Remember, you told me you would go to the practice with me and video record so I can fix my problems"

I snuggled deeper in my bed, "Isn't that what mirrors are for? To see if you're doing the right move or whatever?"

I waited for a reply, but got nothing. I opened my other eye and flipped the top third of my blanket over to see Moori giving me a look.

I groaned and sat up. "Fine, fine, fine"

She got up from my bed and I got out, grabbing some clothes before heading to the bathroom at the end of the hall. She followed me and waited by the sink, fixing up her hair into a bun.

I quickly changed into a hoodie and shorts and joined her in front of the mirror to brush my teeth and wash my face.

She handed me a towel and a hairbrush, while glancing down at her phone perched on the counter.

"Who ya texting?" I asked, wiping my face.

She locked her phone immediately and I glanced at her curiously.

"It's….just my mom" she mumbled, her cheeks reddening.

I gave her a jokingly accusing glance, but decided to ignore it because even though I could care less about fashion at 7 AM on a Saturday, I would still like for my head to look like its full of hair and not a knotty mess resembling a birds nest.

"So how long is this thing gonna be? Are they serving free breakfast?" I asked, wincing as I tugged on the brush which seemed to be stuck at the back of my head.

"3 hours max. And yes, they're serving free breakfast..." she drifted ff and glanced at me before let out a small grin.

"What?" I asked, eyeing her.

She shook her head, "Nothing. Come on, I can't be late"

 

 

 

 

"Here's my phone. Just record the whole time" Moori said, shoving her phone into my hand. I unlocked it and tapped the Camera app.

"Hey, where's the food? I'm starving." I whined, rubbing my stomach.

She gave me a look before joining the group of people in the middle of the dance studio. I sighed and sat down on the floor beside Moori's duffle. This was not how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning. Not at all.

I had been playing with games on my phone for around 10 minutes, when I noticed the talking quiet down as a door shut close.

I glanced at the group and saw that they were all looking over the door.

"Wooyoung sunbaenim" one of the guys said, sounding surprised.

The male they were all looking at, who in my opinion looked as hot as the sun during summer, smiled at them. "Hey guys. I know Chansung is the one who should be here right now, but something came up and he can't make it. So instead, I'm here."

I glanced at Moori and saw her distracted expression, looking elsewhere from the hot piece of god right on front of her. What was she thinking about? Did their other sunbaes look as hot as this one, that she's gotten used to it? If so, then I should really attend more of these practices.

"Sorry I'm kind of late. But let's not waste any more time and start right away, hmm?" Wooyoung said, walking over to their group.

The group of about 14 nodded and got in their places, I guess. Wooyoung took his place at the front and one of the guys at the edge ran to the computer hooked up to the speaker, before running back to his place.

I quickly unlocked Moori's phone and turned the video camera on. For the next hour I moved around, trying to get Moori at all times. I didn't even realize the time going by, what more the sound of the door behind me opening and closing. It was the smell of food that snapped me out of my trance. I backed up slowly towards the food so I could still record Moori, and once I hit the edge of the table that was empty earlier I set her phone down and grabbed a donut.

I was almost finished with my 2nd when I felt the presence of another person beside me. I glanced to my left and nearly choked as I saw the look on the guys face.

"W-what are you doing?" I snapped, grabbing a bottle of water and downing half of it.

"Maybe I should ask you that myself." He snapped back, his expression not changing.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What?"

"Those donuts are for the dancers. From what I saw, all you did was stand at the age and look at yourself with your phones camera while pretending, and might I add so unbelievably its ridiculous, that you were actually doing something useful"

I took in his snapaback, earrings, and unstyled hair. "Look, dude. I'm here to help my friend fix her little flaws in her dancing. You caught me at the wrong time, I only checked my reflection once. The other times I was recording my friend. And nobody ever said these donuts are just for the dancers. I see no sign on this table saying so. So if you could, please get your pathetic, rockstar wannabe self away from me"

He was about to open his mouth and say something back, when a hand placed itself on his shoulder, "Hey Jackson, she's right. There's no sign. Next time I'll remember that."

I glanced at the face of the owner of the hand and immediately regretted it.

"But everyone knows-"

Moori ran over and cut off Jackson, or whatever the heck his name was.

"Oh Mark, Jackson, I'm so sorry. I should've told her, but I forgot. It's my fault. I'm so sorry"

I looked at her in disbelief and remembered the small smile she hid earlier in the bathroom.

'Did she plan this?'  I thought in disbelief.

Moori nudged my arm and gave me a look. I gave her a confused look back. She bit her lip and looked up at Mark with an apologetic smile.

"Hey it's no problem. Understandable mistake" he said, winking at her.

I narrowed my eyes at him before shaking my head.

I thought she was over him. She knew about his reputation. She knew very well. So why was she doing this? Why was she planning things to get his attention?

Before anyone could say another word, my ringtone went off, startling everyone.

"Say what you want. Say what you want…"

I glanced at the Caller ID and quickly answered the call, walking away from the group that had started to form around the food.

"Eonnie?"

"Baekah! Thank god you answered. It seems like everyone turned their phone off or something."

I quickly opened the door and closed it behind me.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Um…just… have you seen Junshin? He's not answering my texts or calls. I've left him 10 messages already. Did something happen over there?"

I scratched my head, thinking back to yesterday. "Hmm, he seemed fine in class. And he was there at dinner last night. Maybe he just lost his phone or something."

I heard her sigh and I bit my lip worried. "How about this morning at breakfast?"

I let out my own sigh, "I couldn't go to the canteen this morning. I got dragged off to watch a rehearsal"

"It’s a practice"

"I mean practice, whatever same difference" I said rolling my eyes, before freezing.

I glanced behind me and I almost chocked on my own spit.

"Eonnie, I'll check on him and text you later okay?" I said before hanging up.

"Hey"

I glared at him.

"What do you want?"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So, do you guys follow Mark's dad on twitter? He is the best omg. And I got a reply from him on Saturday! That was the best...............

Anywho....I'm going t Busch Gardens tomorrow on a field trip Yay.... lol okay I'll stop now.

Here's Mark:

Thank you guys for subscribing. Mwa mwa mwa <3