Chapter 6

Just Another Cool Kid

"Is this Song Baekah-ssi?"

I glanced at my phone screen and narrowed my eyes at the unfamiliar number.

"Yes. And who is this?" I asked in return.

"This is Youngjae. I'm in charge of getting in contact with all of the students in the Art department." He answered.

"Oh" I mumbled, creasing the corner of the page I stopped and setting the book down. "Um, so…."

There was a sound of papers rustling on the other end before I heard his voice again.

"Your other department is…. Theater?"

I nodded and mentally face-palmed before responding, "Yes"

He let out a small cough and I heard some more papers rustling, along with the tapping of the keyboard. "Alright, well the Show&Tell Showcase is next month, and I have to make sure you have an idea of what you're doing, as well as what the whole department is doing. You're listed as one of the people to contribute ideas, so if you'd like to make an appointment, any time this week would be great"

I hummed and tapped my chin for a moment before getting an idea.

"Are you free today?"

 

 

 

"Hey, feel free to make yourself comfortable"

I gave him a smile and sat down, stuffing The Scarlet Letter in the space beside my legs. Yes, I came right away from the library. Or maybe not right away. I had a pit stop at the cafeteria to grab a peach smoothie, which I finished on the way here, since this guys room was all the way across campus from the cafeteria. Man, I feel for him. I wonder how he could deal with that every morning. But anyway, I had no plan for the rest of the day, so I thought, why not, right?

"So do you have a portfolio?" he asked settling down on the couch opposite of where I was sitting on a loveseat. He sets down a glass of water in front of me on the coffee table and looks up, making eye contact with me.

I scratched my head and gave him an apologetic smile, "I'll make sure to bring it next time"

He raises an eyebrow and picks up a folder from beside his cup, flipping through the pages.

"You dance?" He asks randomly, and I glance at him, startled. He's looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Um…no?" How did he even come up with that question.

"You don't sound very sure" he stated, glancing back down at the folder.

"Well, I don't really understand why you're asking me that? Unless…" I narrowed my eyes at him, "Is it written in there? Because it shouldn’t be in there. I have never taken a dance class in my life, and t be quite frank, I never will"

He looks amused as he looks up from the folder and studies me.

"I was just asking because I thought I had seen you earlier at the Dance Department. I guess it was a different student that just looked similar to you" he chuckled.

Oh. OH. Well then.

I cleared my throat and looked around. There was only one bed, properly made, and a bookcase at the corner of the room catches my eye. One shelf was lined up with books, but the other 3 shelves were filled with what looked like medals and trophies. There were at least 15 on each shelf.

I glanced back at the guy, Youngjae, and found him studying me. I raised an eyebrow, but instead of turning defensive, I pointed at the bookshelf. "What's your other Department?"

He shrugged, "Oh that’s nothing. I'm in Vocal, but only half of those is contributed to that. The other half is for sports"

I stared for a moment longer, urging for him to go on but he reached for his glass of water and decided to change the subject instead.

"So… these ideas of yours?"

I puffed up my cheeks and let the air out a second later. "Well…. I was kind of thinking…."

He leaned forward, curious.

I folded my hands together on my lap and glanced around again. "Are you a sunbae? You must be to have this position…should I start calling you sunbae?"

"You want to stop changing the subject?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Well if you didn't do it first, I wouldn't have either!" I snapped back, leaning forward.

He chuckled and leaned back against the couch. "Touché"

I smiled and leaned back as well. "So… sunbae?"

He shook his head, "Nah. Don't call me that. I'm in the same grade as you"

I glanced at him in shock, eyes widening. "Really? And you got this position?"

He smirked, "I'm aiming for Director. It'll look good when we do elections"

I nodded my head in agreement.

"How about you?" He asked, clasping his hands behind his head. "You gonna try out for any positions this time around? It's your last chance you know"

I shrugged my shoulders. To be honest, I've never thought of being part of the Student Organization. I was mostly too preoccupied with acting, drawing, and the things happening at home. They had take up most of my time, ever since I had transferred here from America.

"You should"

I glanced up surprised. "W-what?"

He gave me a sincere smile, which made me feel flustered, because, when he's sincere, he actually looks pretty damn fine.

"Everyone should try to get on the Board. Everyone has the chance to anyway. Plus it looks good on transcripts and resumes."

Oh.

I let out an embarrassed laugh, before answering. "Actually I'm already set on where I'm going for college. I don't really need all that stuff. Better leave it for the people who deserve it"

He frowns, and if you get a good look at him, he actually looks cute frowning.

WAIT. WOAH. Let's not do this right now Baekah-ssi.

"I believe everyone deserves a spot on the Board. It's like politics. Or well court rulings. You're innocent until proven guilty. In our case, every is worthy of the spot, unless proven not worthy, as in dropping grades in academics, attitude towards teachers, attendance…" He said, frowning the whole while. "And what I see from your file, you seem acceptable in all categories."

I shifted uncomfortably in the seat, my skin grazing the book. "Well, I just don't think I'm fit to be a leader. No one would listen to me, no matter how loud I speak."

"There are leadership camps to improve your skills" He said, not missing a beat.

I my lips and cleared my throat, shifting to the edge of the seat, "Well, I think I should leave. I'll make sure to bring a portfolio next time" I jumped up from the couch, grabbing the book, before hurrying towards the door and yanking it open.

I could hear a faint, "See you next time" Before the door closed and I was right in front of the elevators.

"Song Baekah, this is what you get when you let your mouth move before getting approval from your brain" I mumbled, scolding myself as I tapped the down button like I was in a horror movie hurrying so that I wouldn't be killed. "Pabo. Pabo. Pabo"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Here's my promised update :)

 

And this is late, but I hope you're all aware of the Sewol Ferry tragedy and praying for all the victims, and their loved ones. It's a horrible tragedy that has had me crying every night for the past 4-5 days ever since I heard about it. There's not much a lot of us can do, but I really want to thank all the fans that have been sending care packages. It really shows how caring everybody is, no matter if we're a fangirl or not. And all those fans that gave no s about the tragedy just because your idols couldn't make a comeback, I really hope that when you grow up and mature, you'll regret being ignorant and selfish.

Anyway, I love you guys. Thank you so much for subscribing and reading.

And heres Youngjae cause he was in the chap

ps sorry for any mistakes. <3