Chapter 1

Just Another Cool Kid

CH-1

 

                "Bekah, honey"

                I turned confused. I was standing in a small white room that was vacant with the exception of me.

                I swear I just heard my mom's voice calling me, but I couldn't see her, and there was no way of exiting the room.

                "What the…" I turned a full 360 degrees and narrowed my eyes, "Am I in an asylum?"

                "Bekah, we have to leave soon. He's not in a good condition. Your dad is very worried"

                I turned towards the direction of the voice, but there was nothing but white walls.

                "Mom?"

                "Baekah"

                I felt a nudge on my leg and looked down and saw nothing. My eyes rounded in shock and I took             a couple steps back.

                "Baekah"

                Wait… that wasn't my mom's voice.

               

"Ms. Song!"

Another nudge and I sat up, staring at the man in front of me.

"Would you like to go to the clinic to call your mother and cure your homesickness?" Mr. Kim asked with a scowl on his face. The rest of the class burst out in laughter as I felt my cheeks warming up. I really need to go to sleep earlier at night.

I shook my head and he glared at me for a couple more seconds before turning around and moving back towards the front of the classroom.

The rest of History class I sat and did my best to pay attention. It was a real feat though, seeing as History was my worst subject, and every quarter I had managed to barely pass with a 60%. It was no secret that I was the worst in my year, and neither was it a secret that Mr. Kim hated me for it.

A couple of minutes before the bell rang everyone started packing up. I was all ready to go when I felt a poke on my back. I turned my head and looked at Moori.

"Ya, didn't I tell you to stop going on that website and get some sleep?"

I sighed and nodded,"Alright, alright. I don't need a lecture right now or I might fall asleep again"

She opened to retort but was interrupted by none other than our 50 year old teacher.

"Miss Song, I would like for you to stay back and wipe the boards today. Make sure you clean them and oh, yes make sure to clean your desk. The next students would not appreciate the drool that you have displayed on there."

Before I could respond, he walked out just as the bell rang.

"Baekah do you miss your mom that much? 'Eomma?'" Misoo cackled as she passed by on her way out.

I gritted my teeth and glared at the back of her head.

"Hey I would love to stay and help, but I have a report to type up for Chemistry" Moori said, looking apologetic.

I waved her away,"It's okay. I wasn't going to ask for your help anyway. Just save me some food? I think I'll be here a while" I glanced around and frowned at the two chalk-filled boards.

"Will do. See you in Art" She said, walking towards the back door.

I nodded and headed towards the front board first. I couldn't even bare to look at the words. They made my head spin. Anything History related was the reason for my headaches.

I grabbed the two erasers and started clearing the board.

"Aish, that ahjussi." I muttered as I jumped to reach the upper parts. "Why did he have to go and humiliate me like that in front of the whole class. Aish, so annoying."

I made my way towards the back board after finishing the front, and managed to finish it in less than half an hour. I made my way towards the windows and pushed one open.

I turned my head away as I clapped the erasers together. I hated the smell of chalk dust. It aggravated my nose and made my eyes tear up. I hated being put on clean up duty. Aish, seriously that Mr. Kim.

Once I finished I threw them carelessly at the board holders and grabbed my bag.

"I don't even drool" I muttered as I glanced at the spotless table. I shook my head and made my way out the classroom.

I looked down at my watch and decided that I could get some snacks and get to English in time, if I hurried.

I speed walked down the hallway and was about to descend down the stairs when I heard a girly voice from somewhere down below.

I slowly made my way to the railing and looked over.

Right below me was a girl and boy. The girl had her head bowed down and the guy was looking elsewhere with his hands in his pockets.

'Aish, another one. What is up with the girls who attended this school?' I thought as I watched the scene.

"Oppa, how have you been? I heard that you won a competition over break. Chukahae"

The guy remained silent and the girl fidgeted with her hands.

"Actually I wanted to tell you something more meaningful than that. I….I…"

The guy turned his head towards the girl and I narrowed my eyes. That green headband looks really familiar.

The girl took a deep breath and lifted her head. I  felt my jaws drop as I saw her face more clearly.

"I really like you."

The guy just sighed and took his left hand out of his pocket. It held a folded piece of paper. "Is this yours?"

Her face lit up as she nodded and bit her lip.

"You dropped it in my backpack yesterday. Here" he held it out to her.

I shook my head and wanted to watch no more. But the only way down was through them, unless I walked over to the other stairway which was far from my next class and the cafeteria. I knew what was about to come, and it was the part I hated the most about confessions. Especially these type of cenfessions.

The girl lifted a shaking hand and enclosed her hands on the paper.

Mark let out a loud sigh and stuffed his hand back in his pocket. "I'm flattered with your confession, but I just don't think you and I match. Don't be so heartbroken, huh, Misoo?"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This story is actually based on a song that I wrote. If there was an MV, this story would actually be the dramatized version of it. Just a little fun fact hehe

What d you guys think of it s far? I am very well aware of my flaws in writing, but fixing it is the actuall problem. Pointers and any type of advice would really help.

But to celebrate getting a subscriber before even posting a chapter here is a y Mark Tuan