4

Protection B*tchface

Kris automatically stood up as Najung walked towards the living room, he followed her.

“Hey,” Najung winced as she saw Kyungsoo standing by the kitchen’s doorway.

“You left the party? You escaped? And partied all night?” His arms were crossed as he studied Najung’s face.

“When did she arrive home?” Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol.

“An hour ago.”

Najung glared at Chanyeol, Kris shook his head.

“It’s a good thing uncle assigned someone from the Blue House to guard you. You need change, Na.”

“It was fine, I was with Jackson and Mark.”

“Mark’s okay, but you and Jackson..” He shook his head.

Kyungsoo turned to Kris. Kris was slightly stunned how Najung reacted to the other male, she almost looked….well behaved.

“You must never let her leave out of your sight during parties and when Jackson is around. It can be lethal and disastrous.”

 

“Are you stupid? Going to a club alone, Jackson doesn’t count. Mark is not the type to look after people.” Kyungsoo lectured. Najung was browsing through a magazine.

“Ya, Kim Najung!”

“But I’m okay.”

“Okay? Do I have to remind you what happened two weeks ago?” Kyungsoo said irritably.

Najung winced. Do Kyungsoo, they met when they were three, and Najung regretted why she had gotten attached to her squishy friend.

He was worse than her mother.

“Stop going out, stop this escaping.

“It was~”

“I don’t want to hear it.”

 

Kris walked around the house’s perimeter. He was taking notes on his phone. It was already two in the afternoon.

Then he heard the front door open.

He saw Najung clad in a pair of hot shorts and a jersey stop step out from the house. She was holding onto a car key.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked her.

“Shopping.” She replied.

“Chanyeol?”

Najung bit her lip, Kris studied her face.

“I was planning on going alone.”

Kris wanted to smile.

“No.”

“But~”

Kris got the key from her and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

Najung exhaled heavily.

 

“You hate shopping.” Chanyeol chuckled as he started the car, Kris joined him on the front seat. Najung was seated at the back, dejected.

“She was planning to head over to Hongdae.”Chanyeol explained. Kris nodded.

“Shinsegae. I might as well visit my brother.” She grumbled before taking out her phone.

Kris glanced at her, he was expecting someone…tamer.

He imagined Najung to be quiet and traumatize. He had read her file, this girl had witnessed her mother being killed right before her, but here she was trying to escape the house in broad daylight.

“But,” Najung leaned forward between them.

“No, we’re not passing by Hongdae, someone took photos of you last night at that party.” Kris said.

Chanyeol chuckled.

“Are you two ganging up on me?”

Kris shook his head, he also thought she would be uptight and formal, being the daughter of a plutocratic family.

But she isn’t.

 

 

Najung stepped in the mall, Kris was walking behind her. She felt people stare as she passed. She shook her head. Of course, she knew what they thought of her. They pitied her. She was the kid who watched her mother die.

Her jaw tightened, she turned to Kris.

“Why do you have to walk behind me?”

“This way I can~”

“I don’t want to hear it. Can you walk beside me?”

“I can’t.” Kris replied.

“Then shall I walk behind you instead? I’m not used to this, Kris.” Kris glanced around them, he nodded and stood beside her.

Najung shook her head, she noticed some females stare at her bodyguard as they passed.

She smiled, she was still contemplating where he came from, the runway or the fashion magazine.

“You must be frustrated, you’re assigned to someone like me.” She said bluntly.

“You could say that.” Kris nodded, his eyes still wandering about, checking the area.

Najung smirked.

“Miss Kim, right? Kim Najung-ssi?” A male came walking to them, Najung paused. She was about to react when Kris stepped right in front of her.

The male paused.

“We met last week, from the party. I was wondering if you could join us~”

Najung stood beside Kris.

“Join you where? Some party at Apgujeong, I suppose?”

“Yes..it’s Shin Nara’s birthday.”

Najung scoffed, Shin Nara.

“She expects you to come and wishes you well.” The male said, carefully eyeing Kris, who stood inches over him.

“Is she still into Mark?” She asked bluntly, the male could only look away.

“Tell her I’ll come.” She replied before walking past the male, Kris followed her.

“I need to use the restroom.”

 

Kris checked his watch again, it has been almost twenty minutes since Najung went to the restroom.

He bit his lop as he glanced at the door again. Then his brows furrowed.

He remembered the first time he met the girl. She escaped from a party.

Kris went to the ladies’ room, he excused himself as he earned odd stares.

He opened one of the cubicles and found a set of discarded clothes on the floor.

 

He cursed before pulling out his phone.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++