Confirmation

Passing 1095
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That XX - GDragon

 

Chapter Six

Confirmation

It was a dream, Lu Han thought. It was just a dream, Lu Han hoped.

It was just supposed to be a dream, so why did the pain that he felt seem so real?

The air around him had suddenly seemed naught that he couldn’t breathe. The usual liveliness of the streets had suddenly seemed so bleak that he couldn’t hear a single sound. The vibrant lights of the buildings, the stars, the moon, and the sky had suddenly seemed so austere, coming off as plain black and white.

And the prickling sensation in his chest had suddenly seemed so excruciating that he felt life being out of him.

Never had he imagined his homecoming to be this way.

For three years, Lu Han had been agonized by the fact that he had to leave Jaera behind. They were only reunited at that time and yet, he had to leave her again. They were supposed to continue the story that they left untold; they were supposed to continue the love that they left untouched.

Yet he had to leave her and separate from her again.

It was painful, having to be apart from his love. It was as though the other part of him got left behind and had made him feel incomplete. It wasn’t even a situation which he could hate since it was what Jaera had wanted him to do. Even though he didn’t want to leave, he knew that he had no other choice because it was what was right. It was the only thing that he could do to rebuild the brokenness of his life.

And besides, he trusted Jaera. Lu Han believed in her.

It was a decision chosen by the two of them and he believed that it was the right path. They made a promise to each other and Lu Han believed that it will be kept no matter how long it’ll take. Even as it might take them forever, he remained unyielding and believed that not even distance and absence would be able to break the bond that he and Jaera had.

So upon coming back, he was expecting to finally be reunited with her. He was already anticipating the light that had disappeared. He was already anticipating the warmth that had long left him. Lu Han was already very fulfilled even at just the thought of finally being reunited with his one and only better half.

“Lu Han, let me go. Sehun’s my boyfriend.”

But when he heard Jaera’s exact words, Lu Han’s world suddenly came crashing down. He was sure that it was only a joke at first, that both Jaera and Sehun were just fooling around. But seeing the look in Jaera’s eyes, the look of both disappointment and regret, his resolve weakened and his mind had turned null.

Even if he didn’t want to believe it, he began to think otherwise.

He began to doubt everything. Was our decision wrong? Was my choice wrong? Were the memories that we had just a dream? Was the love that we shared just a lie? Every little moment made by him and Jaera had suddenly become uncertain, making him think whether they were all lies or not.

And Lu Han had started to doubt even himself. His mind was saying that it was over between them, that the two people that he trusted and loved had finally managed to fool and betray him.

But then his heart differed.

It hurt, of course. Even just hearing another name besides his and Sehun’s as Jaera’s lover would make him feel utmost pain and anger. But for some reason, his heart was sure that this was just another test that was given to him. For some inexplicable reason, his heart was just so sure that it was only a lie.

Lu Han’s heart was just so, so sure that his and Jaera’s love was still whole.

Normally, he should be following after Jaera now or probably be beating the out of Sehun (God only knows how much he wanted to do that), but he knew that if he did do so, he might only be making the situation far worse. He was angry, hurt, upset, and betrayed. All kind of negative feelings were flowing right through every fiber of his body that he had to use up all of his control and patience so as not to turn the stirring wheel back and go to Jaera’s house. His mind and heart was at a complete war right now, that even a single miscalculation would make him snap and go berserk.

And he didn’t want that. He didn’t want to risk losing Jaera again.

So instead, he opted to go to the person that he deemed would know the real situation. That certain person wasn’t exactly reliable and had always riled him up before because of his tomfoolery, but he was the closest source next to Sehun that he had. Not to mention the fact that there was a gathering for him hosted by that person, it was the best moment to ask him without having to be troubled whether he was lying or not.

Stopping his car right in front of the main entrance, Lu Han didn’t even get to lock his car and just rushed inside the nightclub where the gathering was held. Ignoring the sultry gazes coming from the women inside and bumping into a few guests without apologizing, he eventually reached the VIP section where two large bouncers were. Recognizing his face, the two bouncers immediately stepped aside and led him inside the room where five men were happily chatting.

Noticing his arrival, the five men stood up with wide, gleeful smiles. “Here’s the main star of the night! Our very own Lu Han—“ but before they can even fully greet him, Lu Han had already marched further inside the room and stopped just right in front of his friend.

“Chen,” Lu Han called, completely ignoring the confused looks he was receiving from the rest. “I-is it true…” he stuttered, nervousness and anxiety engulfing him. Breathing heavily, Lu Han continued, “Is it true that Sehun is now Jaera’s boyfriend?”

Kai, Kris, Lay, and Xiumin’s eyes widened in utter shock, switching glances from Lu Han to Chen.  It wasn’t a situation where they could crack a joke or drop a teasing comment, seeing as Lu Han’s face showed nothing but pure anxiety and fear.

Even just by looking at Chen, his face void of any expression, they knew that it wasn’t just any light matter for an expressionless and serious Chen meant serious and important business.

After a moment of agonizing silence, with Chen just looking back at Lu Han’s desperate eyes, he breath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter