Difficulty

Passing 1095
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baby Don't Cry - EXO

 

 

Chapter Five

Difficulty

“L-Lu Han, let me go,” Jaera stuttered out as she pulled away. “Sehun’s my boyfriend.”

As soon as the words slipped out from , Jaera’s eyes widened, obviously dumbfounded of what she had just said. It was as though the bulb of rationality inside her mind had died for a moment, and when she was about to replace it with a new one, it suddenly worked again, proving that it was only faulty and not ruined.

In some way or another, it was a relief to her, knowing that her rationality was actually still working. But if it only came back a second earlier, then she wouldn’t have to suffer under the sudden anxiety and nervousness that came with her utter stupidity.

Staring back at her with the same incredulous expression, Lu Han smiled stiffly. “X-xiao tuzi, what are you saying?” he asked with creased eyebrows, taking a step closer towards Jaera. “It’s me, your ahjussi—“

But as he touched Jaera, the girl suddenly flinched and took a step back. Surprised by her reaction, Lu Han looked at Sehun, who was also utterly confounded, before turning to Jaera, eyes swimming in helplessness.

“J-Jaera, please stop this act—“

Without even hearing the rest of his words, Jaera had all of a sudden grabbed Sehun’s wrist and pulled him out of the restaurant, leaving Lu Han alone inside. Without uttering any words, Jaera immediately entered the passenger’s seat of Sehun’s car and face palmed herself.

What have I done? she thought, her hands clenching onto her hair furiously.

Deeming that he won’t be able to get it out from her while driving, Sehun decided to let Jaera calm down first as he took the both of them back home. It would be a lie if Sehun said that he wasn’t fazed or shocked by the sudden announcement Jaera had made. It was, by all means, ridiculous and absurd. Even as it was true that he still held feelings for the girl and that he didn’t mind acting for her, it was still so wrong in so many ways.

And Sehun was determined to let Jaera realize that.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Sehun exclaimed, following behind Jaera as they enter the latter’s house. “Why the hell did you say that?!” he roared, uncaring about the presence of both Jisoo and Seongim who was also currently in the living room.

Plopping herself on one of the couches, Jaera breathed heavily and held her head tightly. “I don’t know, okay?!” she heaved a heavy sigh and closed her eyes, deeply frustrated. “My mind just suddenly turned blank… I don’t really know what came over me!”

Jisoo and Seongim turned to each other in query before looking back at the both vexed Jaera and Sehun. Confused about the commotion and most especially curious of what happened, Seongim approached the two, with Jisoo following behind her, cautiously.

“What’s happening here?” Seongim asked. “Is there something wrong?”

Sehun looked at Jaera in disappointment before running a hand through his head exasperatedly. “Aunty, I’m sorry but your daughter’s just so, so… impossible,” he sighed, the creases on his brows running deeper as he was met by the bewildered expression of Seongim. “We met up with Lu Han-hyung and she—“

“Lu Han’s back?” Seongim’s eyes widened, totally surprised by the sudden announcement.

Sehun nodded and sighed. “Yes but—“ he was cut off again however, this time by Jaera.

“He cheated on me,” Jaera stated. “Lu Han cheated on me.”

“Yep, that’s right.” Jisoo nodded in agreement and took a seat beside Jaera. “That old man did. We saw him in his car with another woman.”

“Wait,” Sehun snapped his head towards the two girls and looked at them in complete perplexity. “What the hell are you two saying—“

“What?!” Seongim interrupted Sehun then again, a pure appalled look written all over her face. “That Lu Han cheated on you?!” she shrieked, running to Jaera’s side.

“Wait aunty, it’s a misunderstanding—“ Sehun tried to speak again but to no avail.

“I know, right?!” Jisoo huffed, crossing her legs and flipping her hair annoyingly. “I mean, how dare he cheat on my dear cousin with another woman!”

“Better show me where that man is and I’ll give him a piece of my mind!”

“Don’t worry aunty, Jaera already did. She just told Lu Han that Sehun’s her boyfriend now.”

“You what?!”

“Mom, relax. I just… accidentally told Lu Han that Sehun’s my boyfriend now.”

“Jaera did the right thing, aunty. She should show Lu Han that she’s a strong woman and that she ain’t got time for his crap—“

“Will everyone just shut up?!” Sehun finally snapped, having enough of the ridiculousness of the women in the Kim’s family. It was during times like this that he wonders whether the women in their family weren’t really members of the Kims or they’re just stupid like that, because as far as he knew, their head, Kim Joongki, and the other male members of their family were very wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter