Unreachable

Passing 1095
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love Is - CNBlue

 

Chapter Two

Unreachable

“Xiao tuzi, we just arrived here at our place, and I have to say, the caretakers did a good job with the cleaning of the house and stuff,” Lu Han said, a hint of satisfaction apparent in his voice.

“That’s good then,” Jaera answered, smiling even though the male couldn’t see her. “You won’t feel homesick.”

“I think I could even live here for the rest of my life.” Lu Han laughed heartily upon hearing the quiet whines of the girl on the other side of the line—one he had kept on hearing from her whenever she was exasperated ever since he left. “I’m just kidding, of course,” he spoke again, causing for Jaera to stop. “The place is really okay, but I’d still rather if there was a xiao tuzi who will take care of me.”

“We’re the same then,” Jaera chuckled. “I’m beginning to get used to living with my real family, but I still can’t help but miss living with an old ahjussi,” she said, a smile adorning her face as her eyes wandered around the room. Pastel toned furniture and off white walls. Her room in the Kim’s house was obviously bigger and much more comfortable, but despite that, it still couldn’t compare to the times that she spent at the small guest room where she used to live.

It still couldn’t compare to the times when she and Lu Han were still living together.

“I miss you, Lu Han.”

A year after Lu Han left, things had been pretty much hard for both him and Jaera. Lu Han was much busier than he was before, juggling his duties as the COO of their company with his father’s condition. Jaera, as well, had gotten most of her time occupied by college works and activities, alongside with the part time job at Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s place that she refused to quit. The fourteen hour difference between Seoul and New York didn’t help either.

Despite the difficulties however, it wasn’t enough to place their relationship in a tight spot. Both of them knew how hard and arduous the situation was. Especially Jaera, she knew that with the hard time she was having, Lu Han had it worse. His father was the one involved and above all, family comes first. It was only recently that their relationship got better, and although Jaera didn’t really want Lu Han to go, she also didn’t want to be selfish and forsake Lu Han the luxury of being with his father. She knew how important Yi Han was to Lu Han, so no matter how hard it was for them to maintain a long distance relationship, Jaera still chose to yield.

“Ahjussi, I actually made a lot of friends today,” Jaera excitedly declared, sitting idly on a curb right in front of her department building. “There’s Joonma, Dyo, Benben, Xiaolu—“ she halted, backing away from her phone as Lu Han’s loud voice boomed from the ear piece.

“What?! All of your friends are boys?!” the male yelled loud enough, making it seem as if the call was placed on loudspeaker when it wasn’t. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from men?! Men are wolves! Even Sehun is one—“

“So you mean to say Chen-oppa and Kai are wolves?”

“Obviously!”

“You mean to say that Baekhyun and Chanyeol-oppa are wolves?”

“Well—“

“And my dad?”

“Uh… that—“

“And Sejun too?”

“…”

“How about you?” Jaera asked once more. “Are you a wolf too, Lu Han?” An amused smile was plastered on her face, liking the way how the question had made the male mute.

The silence was short lived though once Lu Han spoke again, confidence now reigning his voice.

“I’m a Big Bad Wolf, and you’re my Little Red Riding Hood. Fear me ‘cause when I get back, I’ll hold you tight…” Lu Han trailed off, pausing for awhile before speaking again, knowing that both of them held the same contented smile. “And believe me, I won’t let you go.”

It continued for a few months, Jaera and Lu Han giving up their own time just to make the situation a lot easier. It was really hard beyond doubt to juggle between their responsibilities and obligations, but their love was much more. No matter how complicated their situation was, their relationship was still intact and wouldn’t break.

Or so as Jaera thought.

She already knew the difficulties of maintaining a long distance relationship with Lu Han, but she wasn’t discouraged. She knew that even if they were both busy, they would still be able to find time for each other. Despite everything, their relationship would continue to grow.

But she was wrong. The expectation that she had of their relationship had began to falter. Almost all of a sudden, the daily video calls had lessened to just once or twice a week. Her alarm clock that was once Lu Han’s phone calls had been replaced by either Kai or Chen’s voices. The sweet nothings that Lu Han always messaged to her had stopped. She wouldn’t even receive a message if she didn’t send one first.

Jaera knew that Lu Han’s world didn’t revolve only around her, and that he was getting busier and busier every day. It was true that she was lonelier with the lessened time, but she knew that she had no rights to question him. She knew Lu Han’s situation, so she made no fuss about it.

As her phone suddenly rang, Jaera abruptly woke up and sat up straight, ignoring the headache brought by it and the fact that it was already midnight. “Lu Han! Sorry, I didn’t answer right away.” It had already been a month since Lu Han last called her so she was more than ecstatic to hear the ringtone she allotted for his number again. Albeit, the elation was fleeting for the sobbing sounds she heard from the other line had gave her an unexpected tension. “Han, is there… are you…” Jaera bit her lip, her min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter