Impossible

Passing 1095
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fool - Lee Hi 

 

A/N: HAHAHA! EVERYBODY'S HATING ON LULU BB.

 

Chapter Three

Impossible

“Ahjussi…” Jaera trailed off, unable to believe what she was seeing. “Lu Han…”

Driving the same black Mustang that she used to ride in, and where another girl was now seated, was Lu Han himself. Except the frost blonde locks that he used to wear were now gone, replaced by a solid black shade.

Her heart started throbbing and cold sweat began trickling down her temples. She didn’t know if it was a dream or not, if her depression was already taking a toll on her mental health. She couldn’t even move from where she was, let alone think straight, her focus and control already swayed by the sight. One thing she was sure though was that if the universe thought it was a good joke, Jaera thought otherwise.

In her twenty one years of living, it must probably be the worst joke she had ever seen.  

And to add more to the sudden anxiety that she had gotten, the stoplight turned green and all cars immediately started running, including the black Mustang.

“No, wait!” Desperation bringing her senses back, Jaera screamed and ran towards the road, uncaring about the running cars and passersby who were calling out to her. “Lu—“

Fortunately, before Jaera could even be struck by the mini van that was approaching, two small hands suddenly grabbed a hold of her left arm and pulled her backwards, earning both her and her saviour loud and angry honks from the vehicle.

“Sorry about that, sorry!” the girl bowed towards the van whose driver looked at them with a hateful expression. Likewise, Jaera also did the same and apologized to the passersby who in turn, were a bit more lenient and just told her to be more careful.

Just as she bowed to another concerned passerby, Jaera was hoisted up again by the girl beside her. “What the hell were you thinking?!” the girl exclaimed, her face and voice scarily resembling that of Jisoo’s greatly.

At that moment, Jaera finally decided that she must’ve indeed been going crazy. “Now I’m even seeing Jisoo…” she muttered, blinking her eyes a few times, as if hoping that she’d return to her senses. It was futile though, for no matter how hard she pinched herself, the same angered and concerned face of Jisoo was still the one that she saw right in front of her. “Kim Jaera, get a hold of yourself—“

A loud sound of skin slapping was heard, gaining the attention of a few passersby once more. Setting the throbbing pain in her left cheek aside, Jaera stopped caring about anything else for the shock was just much more. “Ji-Jisoo?” Jaera stuttered, staring back at the girl who was now grinning back at her.

“Sorry that I had to be violent, but you were just being darn idiotic.” the girl huffed, placing one hand on her hip and shaking Jaera’s shoulder with the other. “It’s me, Jisoo!” she exclaimed, but Jaera only continued to stare at her with wide and unbelieving eyes. “Uh… does the name Seo Jisoo, your cousin who just got back from Canada, ring a bell? Or not?”

Affirming that it was indeed the same old sassy but thoughtful cousin that she had, Jaera had immediately forgotten her initial doubts and tackled the girl into a tight hug. “Jisoo, it really is you!” she squealed, jumping in place as Jisoo just chuckled.

“Been trying to tell you for a while.”

“But wait,” Jaera pulled away, putting on a confused expression, “you said you’d be coming back next week?” she asked.

Jisoo already expected the question, so she just shrugged. “Change of plans. I managed to fix my transfer papers sooner than I expected. We’re supposed to go to France for a vacation—me, Jieun, and our parents—but I’d rather go here earlier so I can catch up to the next semester,” she explained. “Actually, I was just about to hire a cab when I saw this weird lady trying to get herself killed. Good thing I have a good eyesight or else, I wouldn’t be talking to you like this now.” Jisoo then raised an eyebrow at Jaera, eyeing her suspiciously. “What were you even doing? Trying to catch a wishing feather or something?”

It would actually be better if it was just a mere wishing feather that I was trying to catch, Jaera thought.

“Yeah, I kind of gotten carried away.” she faked laughter, scratching the back of her head as an add-on.

Jisoo was iffy about Jaera’s explanation because no sane person would cross a road full of running cars just to have a wishing feather—or as she wanted to believe—but she decided to just drop the case. Jaera’s expression was somewhat off and she didn’t want it to become worse, especially since they just saw each other again after three years. “Okay then, maybe we should have dinner first? Let’s just eat outside.” Jaera was about to speak, but Jisoo quickly added, “Don’t worry, I already called back home so we have plenty of time to catch up.”

Having no other choice, Jaera nodded and grinned. “Okay then.” She grabbed hold of Jisoo’s hand as she let the girl lead her to a Chinese restaurant not far from their initial place.

The restaurant wasn’t very fancy and big, but its menu caters a wide range of selection coming from sweet to spicy dishes—the main reason why Jisoo chose the place. It only opened less than a week ago and Jaera had actually wanted to try eating there, so she was more than pleased by the fact that she and Jisoo had the same thoughts.

Once they were seated, Jaera let Jisoo do all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter