Remember Me -- 29548E

Shinhwa 16th Anniversary One-Shots

TITLE: Remember Me

AUTHOR: 29548E

PAIRING: Woodong, cameo role of other Shinhwa members

GENRE: Angst, Romance, Vampire

WARNINGS: Might have a bit of violence

DISCLAIMERS: A/N : An inspiration from my own Fanfic & the vampire novel that I read years old.

SUMMARY: He lingered and roamed Earth so as to locate his lover who borne his imprint. He met a handsome man with a fiery red hair, he was the lover who he had been finding for the past thousands years. However, his lover did not remember anything and treat him like a total stranger. He vowed to reclaim the heart of his lover again, no matter what it cost!

ARTWORK: Gwillion

 

 

 

 

“Dongwan, you went to see him again?”

Steve looked at the muscular man sitting on the red couch in the posh living room. Dongwan’s spectacles was dangling from his fingertips and he looked exhausted. Steve knew that Dongwan exerted his energy for his soul to travel beyond the dimensions to seek his lover.

Dongwan brushed his long fringe aside and his gaze was focused afar. From the side view, Steve noticed the grief stricken look on Dongwan’s face. Steve had known Dongwan for a few centuries and naturally, he could see his expression underneath the expressionless face.

Steve had been nagging at Dongwan about his soul travel as he was concerned that Dongwan’s body could not withstand the frequent travellings within a short span of time. Steve’s concern towards Dongwan, was not due to the fact they were of the same kind, but they were close friends and brothers.

“I could not find him at all.” This had never happen before and Dongwan was devastated. Each time, Dongwan could easily pick up his scent and see him. However, this time, Dongwan lost his scent totally. No matter how many dimensions that Dongwan visited, he could not detect any of his scent at all. It appeared that he did not exist in any dimensions. Due to this, Dongwan ‘s soul delayed in returning to his body and it could be fatal for him. If Dongwan’s soul failed to return to his body within the time frame, he would be trapped in the unknown time zone, wandering about.

“You can’t find him? Are you sure?”

Steve could not understand Dongwan. He was curious why Dongwan would do this thing for someone that Dongwan referred as lover. Steve knew that possessing immortality meant that his lover would leave him one day and the consequences was long term suffering. Unless, he was prepared to tell his lover about his true identity and his lover’s willingness to become one of their kind. But Steve did not wish to see the horror on his loved one’s face when the truth was unveiled. That would be the end of Love, fragile Love. Hence, Steven stopped loving anyone. Steve rather flirted and fooled around and did not wish to face the harsh consequences.

Dongwan was totally the opposite of Steve. His love blossomed when he was still a teenage vampire and met his soulmate. Dongwan lost his lover, a thousand years ago due to a grave mistake that he made. Dongwan had to pay for his mistake for the past thousand years: he was forbidden to appear infront of his lover and fell in love with him.  Thus, Dongwan could only watch his lover from far in each lifetime before disappearing or being reincarnated again.

“Yes, I can’t detect his scent at all.” Dongwan rubbed his temple lightly. “I had spent an entire month seeking for him, in the day and in the night.”

Steve could not believe what he just heard from Dongwan. “Are you out of your mind! Finding your lover in broad day light? You should know that a vampire could not come out in the day and furthermore, your soul! Do you know how risky is your actions? What if your soul could not return again!” Steve grabbed Dongwan’s shoulders and glared at him, furiously. Steve believed that he should report the matter to their Elder before anything happened to his friend.

“It did not matter to me anymore. What is the use of returning to this body when I lost him now.” Dongwan replied dejectedly.

Steve shook his head, “Dongwan, who is he? Why you are willingly to do all this for? And to the extend of giving up your life?”

“Who is he?” Dongwan repeated but he could help and smiled faintly at the thought of him. “He was my first and only lover. Someone that I had missed for the past thousand years and I vowed to find him at all cost.”

“Dongwan, you are seriously out of your mind. I think you better return to the Clan and instead of staying in this mansion anymore.”

Dongwan had not returned to the Clan for the past thousand years for he lingered and roamed the earth, seeking him. “Steve, that is enough. I will go back to the Clan if I want to.” Dongwan hissed at Steve before he retired into his study room.

@@@@@@@@@@@ A few weeks later at the Clan’s villa @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Steve and Dongwan were back to the Clan by force as one of their Elders, summoned them.  Dongwan was deep in thought as this was the place that he lost his lover.

“Dongwan, your destiny with M is long over ever since he was banished to the mortal world. Do not disturb his afterlives anymore.” A voice broke through the silent and they turned and saw Elder Eric. Dongwan respected Elder Eric for he was his teacher and mentor, whom taught Dongwan all his skills.

“Elder Eric.” Steve and Dongwan bowed at him and kissed his hand.

“Elder Eric, tell me. Is there anyway that I could seek M again? What can I do?” Dongwan landed on his knees, pleading him.

“M has reincarnated several times in the past thousand years and he had forgotten everything about you. Why are you still persistently seeking him?” Eric sighed and caressed Dongwan’s head. Dongwan was his favourite disciple and the most talented one. Eric could not bear to see him in such a pitiful stage.

Eric knew that Dongwan had been watching M’s afterlives all this years and in a way, Dongwan had obstructed M’s afterlives in finding love. Eric knew how regretful Dongwan was for that incident, which happened so long ago. Eric raised Dongwan up and whispered something to him which Steve could not hear. Steve saw a bright glow in Dongwan’s eyes and hugged Elder Eric warmly. Steve was puzzled. Elder Eric hugged Steve, “Steve, watch over Dongwan.” Eric whispered to him before waving them off.

@@@@@@@@@@@@ At a Highway in Seoul, South Korea @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dongwan knew where to locate M after getting some advice from Elder Eric and he was grateful to him. Elder Eric had broken the Clan’s rule by revealing this secret out.  Now Dongwan knew why he was unable to locate M, or Minwoo as he was called in this life. Dongwan would be carrying out his plan to reclaim Minwoo and he let out a smirk while driving.

The other Elders of the Clan wanted to prevent Dongwan from seeking and falling in love with M and appointed Andy  to guard M. Whenever, Dongwan found M, Andy would bring M away to prevent them from meeting. If it could not be prevented, Andy would mercilessly end M’s life for rebirth in another dimension. This time, Andy had casted a seal over the imprint on M which caused Dongwan unable to detect M. The imprint was made by Dongwan which was a sign of their promise, hope and love. This imprint allowed Dongwan to find M in each dimension.

It did not matter anymore to Dongwan for what Andy had done. The curse would be ending for M in this life and Andy had to cast the seal to delay the curse. Elder Eric was the one who placed this curse on M which would only last for a thousand years. Elder Eric could not bear to see the young lovers in their suffering but he could not go against the other Elders then and this was the only way that he could come up with.

Minwoo had become a celebrity here and he was having his Christmas concert in AX Hall in Gwangjangdong, Seoul. Dongwan accelerated and he guessed that he would be able to catch the encore of the concert. Finally, he would be seeing his lover again.

Dongwan was cladded in a body hugging dark formal suit and wore a pair of sunglasses. Dongwan’s appearance had turned numerous females’ heads but he could not be bothered as he came for Minwoo. Dongwan saw Minwoo and he looked different now but he was still his beloved M. He had a mane of red hair, delicate face and a y body when he danced away at the loud music. M had captured his heart a thousand years ago and now, Dongwan was mesmerized by Minwoo again.

When the concert ended, Dongwan managed to go to Minwoo’s resting room to see him. Dongwan sat nervously at a couch while waiting for Minwoo to appear after the short media interview on his successful concert. After waiting for some time, Minwoo came into the room with his Manager and saw Dongwan. Dongwan smiled at Minwoo while he looked defensively at his Manager whom Dongwan recognized as Andy. Andy stood in front of Minwoo and was in a combat stance. Dongwan tilted his head at Andy and flicked his fingers, and Andy was sent flying away.

Minwoo was alarmed at what had happened and he was dazed. Dongwan came up and held onto Minwoo’s waist and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. Minwoo was surprised but he could not break free as Dongwan was stronger than him. “M, its me, Dongwan. Do you remember me?” he whispered into Minwoo’s ear while they were still in tight embrace.

“This voice. It sounded so familiar, where have I heard it? Who is he? Dongwan as he called himself?” Minwoo’s mind was racing away and he felt his heart pounding heart.  “I do not know this man, Dongwan but from the expression in his eyes, I felt that we knew each other or have I met him before?”

“Dong.. Dongwan-sshi. Do I know you? Have we met before?” Minwoo pushed Dongwan and asked him.
“Recall who I am, my love. We promised to be together for eternity, a thousand years ago.” Dongwan rubbed at the side of Minwoo’s neck and slowly, an imprint appeared. Dongwan’s fangs protruded and he bit onto the imprint. “I would make you remember me and I vowed to reclaim you again.” Dongwan had broken Andy’s seal.
Suddenly, Minwoo’s tears began to flow. Minwoo recalled everything, about Dongwan and that incident which happened, a thousand years ago.

@@@@@@@@@@ A thousand years ago at the Clan’s villa @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dongwan had proposed to M and they were to hold their wedding, 4 days later. Dongwan decided to try out his soul travelling skills before his marriage and told M about his plan.

“You disagree?”

M shook his head. “I am scared that you would not return and I would be left alone.” M knew that it had been Dongwan’s wish to perfect the soul travel skill but it was a dark tactics which was forbidden in the Clan. No one had done it and Dongwan was fascinated by it when he came across an old scroll in a hidden corner of the library. Dongwan had been practising this skill for a long time and only M knew about it.

“Don’t worry, dear. I would be back safely to wed you.” Dongwan held M’s waist and hugged him. “I love you, M.” Dongwan leaned forward and planted a kiss on M’s lips.

“I love you too Dongwan.” M spoke in midst of their kiss.“When would you start your soul travelling?”

“Tomorrow and your love will guide me back safely.” Dongwan smiled before planting another kiss.
M had been guarding Dongwan’s body which was now lying in the coffin. M had been making up excuses for Dongwan’s absence, citing that he was undergoing training. The others knew that one had to concentrate fully during training else, something bad would happen. Hence, no one queried M further. Now, M could feel that Dongwan’s scent was getting weaker and before long, the Elders would detect this. M shuddered at the severe consequence if they discovered that Dongwan was practising this forbidden skill.

“Dongwan, please come back safely. Don’t leave me behind.” M whispered while staring at the coffin. However, M failed to detect that an Elder was behind him when he was whispering to Dongwan.

“M, where is Dongwan exactly? Did he leave the villa secretly?”

“Elder Junjin, Dongwan was practising his skill and he did not leave the villa.” M bit his lips while lying to his teacher, Elder Junjin.

“I hope it is true. 3 days later would be your wedding and you know of the consequence if something happened to the wedding.” Elder Junjin spoke coldly.

“Yes, I know.” M knew perfectly that if Dongwan did not appear at the wedding, the consequence would be very serious. Dongwan and him would have to wait for another thousand years to marry someone else and their fate would cease totally. They would not be able to be together anymore.

“In order to protect Dongwan’s safety while training, the Elders decided to cast a barrier around his coffin.”
M was shocked at this news. If a barrier was to be cast around the coffin, Dongwan’s soul would not be able to return to his body in the coffin. No matter how talented Dongwan was, he was still a teenage vampire who would not be able to break the Elders’ barrier.

“Do you have anything to tell me?”

“No, Elder Junjin. We will be holding our marriage 3 days later.”

After Elder Junjin left, M’s tears started to fall on the coffin.

Dongwan’s soul drifted and was prepared to return to his body but he could not feel M’s scent. “Could the Elders have discovered what I had done? I am worried about M. What would the Elders do to him? Arrhh, how do I return now?”

While Dongwan was feeling frustrated, he heard a faint voice, “Dongwan, follow me.” Dongwan heard M’s voice and it seemed that he was just beside him. “But M was underage and there is no way that he could call out to me, given his training which was definitely below me. What had he done?” Dongwan was alarmed. Dongwan took a few steps and suddenly turned around. He saw that it was pitch black behind him. Dongwan knew that M was using his spiritual power to reach out to him.

“Stop it M. You could kill yourself. You do not have enough years of training to do this! Once your spiritual power is gone, you will turn into ashes. Stop it M! Stop!” Dongwan was screaming out his lungs.

“No, you keep your promise to return and I will make sure you come back safely. Follow me before it will be too late.” M’s voice echoed.

Elder Junjin rushed into the room and found M coughing out a lot of blood. He knew that M used his spiritual power to attack the barriers and he knew that something was amiss when M did this. “M, you would be dead at this rate. The other Elders will discover what you and Dongwan had done.” Elder Junjin held M in his arm and scolded him.

“Elder Junjin, so long Dongwan returned safely, nothing matters,” M spoke feebly.

M knew that their wedding would not be held in time and he knew that he would be facing the serious consequences. “I love you Dongwan and do not forget me.” M out.

The Elders discovered what had happened and the lovers faced their consequences. Elder Eric and Elder Junjin begged the other Elders to save M’s life. The Elders agreed on the condition that (1) M was to be banished from the clan and to the mortal world; (2) Dongwan will also be punished for practising the forbidden dark skills; (3) They would not be able to meet and fall in love again.

“M, I love you. I will seek you even if it cost my life, Remember me!” This was the last word that Dongwan shrieked at M before he was dragged away by Elder Eric while M was carried away by Andy into the fountain pool – the link to the mortal world.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Minwoo’s resting room @@@@@@@@@@@@@

 “I remember everything, Dongwan. I remember you now, I am M. Don’t ever leave me.” Minwoo cried out loud while hugging Dongwan tightly.

The lovers were still hugging one another and did not realize that Andy was approaching them. “I will take you on Andy! I will not let you take M away.” Dongwan pulled M behind him and hissed at Andy.

“Relax, Dongwan. My job is done and I am going back to report to Elder Eric. Steve’s job is done too and he will be reporting back to Elder Junjin. Farewell Dongwan and M and be happy.” Andy grinned and he disappeared.

“Nothing and no one will interfere with us now, M.”

“Yes, Dongwan.”

“Let continue with what we had left a thousand of years ago--- our wedding.” Dongwan smiled and led M out of the place, hand in hand.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ The End @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

FROM THE MODERATOR:

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE AUTHOR'S WALL BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK

COMMENT ON THE ARTWORK HERE