Revenge of the JeTi

Knight In Shining Sneakers

Hyoyeon splashed her face with water. Her cheeks looked puffy and her eyes still looked a little red. It was the best she could do to cover up the fact that she had been crying. She patted her cheeks with both hands, took a deep breath then quickly headed out of the bathroom so as not to be late for class. As she darted out into the hallway she bumped into a tall blonde wall. The collision sent her tumbling back but he caught her.

“Do you ever look where you’re going?”

“Sorry Kris.”

“What’s wrong?” He placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face until their eyes met. He noticed how slightly red and still a little watery her eyes were.

“Nothing!” She pulled away. “Eyelash in my eye is all. Really hurt. Look I gotta get to class ok? Talk to you later! Oh and I hope you’ll reconsider going to karaoke with us this weekend, Jessi really wants you to come!” She waved and ran off down the hallway.

Kris wasn’t buying it for a second, but he decided not to press it further. He pulled out his phone and texted Jessica.

 

From: Kris

Why was Hyoyeon crying in the bathroom?

 

From: Princess Jung

Ugh, long story, boy trouble, tell you later. We’re handling it.

 

From: Kris

Who’s handling it?

 

From: Princess Jung

Me and Tiffany :-)

 

Kris rolled his eyes. Here comes trouble, he thought. He knew just enough about the situation through Jessica to know “boy trouble” meant Eunhyuk. He kind felt bad about the situation, but he didn’t feel it was his place to get involved. Besides, he was curious as to how these two were going to “handle it.” As he walked to class he thought there was maybe a little something he could do to help without getting in the middle of it all.

 

From: Kris

Hey do me a favor.

 

From: Kai

Sure what’s up?

 

From: Kris

Hyo’s having a rough day. Make her smile ok?

 

From: Kai

What? Why? How do you know?

 

From: Kris

Just do what I asked ok? And don’t ask her anything about it.

 

Kai couldn’t help but be concerned. He had a feeling something was wrong with her last night with the junk food purchases and her vague response as to why she was out. He didn’t even know if they could be considered friends just yet so he decided to do what Kris instructed and find a way cheer her up without giving any indication that he knew anything.

During lunch Jessica and Tiffany were absent. They made up some story about Jess helping Tiffany fill out the paperwork she would need to turn into the principal to officially put in her bid to run for class president. Needless to say that was not what they were really up to.

It could easily be said that the one place you would never find Eunhyuk during lunch was in the library, but he had stayed up pretty late trying to get a hold of Hyoyeon and when she didn’t answer he just went to bed without finishing his history homework that was due last period. He was almost done when he noticed a sudden shadow come over him, blocking the sunlight from the window. He looked up to see Jessica and Tiffany hovering over him, arms crossed, looking very mad. Jessica leaned in, placing her hand over his textbook.

“It would be in your best interest to meet us outside right now. Got it?” She whispered, poking him in the chest with the other hand.

“Jessica I’m busy ok? I don’t have time to play games right now.”

“We’re not playing games either punk. This is serious business!” She picked up his pencil and snapped it in half. It was the most menacing thing she could think to do. Unfortunately she looked more adorable than menacing, but she thought she looked pretty badass.

Both girls quietly walked out of the library. Eunhyuk sighed and grabbed his things. Might as well get his over with, he thought. He spotted the pair outside giving their most intimidating looks and poses.

“What do you two want?”

“Leave Hyoyeon alone. Haven’t you done enough?” Jessica roughly poked his chest again.

“What goes on between me and Hyo is none of your business.”

“Hyoyeon is our best friend and we have to watch her cry because of you so it IS our business!” Tiffany poked him as well. “You made your choice and you picked another girl, albeit the wrong one, so deal with it and leave her alone or else it will be all of us coming after you!” Tiffany got really close to his face.

“…and Sunny bites!” Jessica chimed in, also getting very close. “I think we’ve made our point very clear. We’ll be keeping an eye on you.” She made a slashing motion with her thumb across her neck. “Let’s go Tiffany!”

The pair linked arms and walked off, but not before Tiffany ran back and kicked Eunhyuk in the shin. He yelped in pain and hopped a little, holding his leg. Tiffany shrieked with glee and she and Jessica dashed off before he could come after them. She liked this whole being a bad girl thing.