Chapter 19

Our Twitter Secrets

 

I get to preparing for school since I like leaving for school early. I just wear a simple shirt-jeans-belt-necklaces-doll shoes ensemble since I'm expecting CL or Dara or both of them to pop up with Jiyong later. I just don't wanna waste the clothes I really like but I still wanna look good enough. I get to class and wait for time to pass by. Today was one of two days when I has my epic three-hour break so I decided to spend it in the nook. I find Isay sitting there. She waves.
 
"Hi _________!"
"Hi Isay!" I hug her.
"Denise said you met up with your captain yesterday! How did it go?"
"His name's Jiyong," I laugh. "Uhhh..." I sat down and told her the entire story. Truth be told, it wasn't really a bad day; I guess I just expected something else. This is why I don't like expecting a lot. And this is why my expectations aren't very high today.
"Aww _________~" Isay hugged me and I hugged her back.
"Haha I'm okay, you know that..."
"Of course I do; but I don't want you getting hurt."
"Hurt? Why would I get hurt?"
"I know you like him, you don't have to deny it," she smiles.
"Please don't tell it like that!"
"Why not?"
"Because..." I sigh, "I don't like hearing it 'coz I'm scared it might come true..." I looked down.
Isay understood what I meant and hugged me, "It's okay~"
"Thank you," I smile.
"You know we'll always be here for you, right?"
"Of course I do," I look at her and beam.
 
I went to my last class with Denise and April (the same class I had the day I met Jiyong). They both asked me what happened yesterday and basically a scene similar to what happened in the nook with Isay took place. I'm really grateful for all my amazing friends. I took out my notebook and pen and took down notes.
 
Okay. I like him. That much I can admit. But to say that I feel more? I don't want to. I don't even like hearing it from other people; I'm too scared it will come true. *sigh*
 
Class finally ended and I fix my stuff and get ready to go to Bell Park. I go out of the classroom and see a familiar figure leaning against the wall...
 
It was like one of those dreams I had a long time ago; well, I dreamt of it more than once. He'd wait for me after my class and smile at me while I run into his embrace. Or he'd have a dozen bouquets of roses and, with his smiling face, give them to me. Or he'd have this guitar and sing me my favorite song; even if he doesn't know the lyrics to it since it's KPOP. I'd dream of that, or daydream about it. But that was before... Is this my years-old imaginations coming back?
 
I stare at Kyle as he stands leaning on the wall opposite the room I got out of. He didn't know anyone else from that class; so I kinda concluded that he's there for me. Or maybe I'm being delusional? He looked up and realized that I was standing in front of the door, looking at him with bewildered eyes. He shows me that familiar smile.
 
"_________..." He stands up straight and fixes his clothes.
"Uh, hey, Kyle... What are you doing here?"
"Uh, I was waiting for you..." He says as he scratches his head. 
Uhhh... Okay why?! "Why are you waiting for me?"
"Can I..." Is he actually nervous? He clears his throat, "Can I talk to you for a while?"
"Uh, okay... But I have to leave soon so, yah."
"Oh. Okay..."
 
We go to the front of the building where no one really hangs out and stood there; me waiting for him to say something while he's just looking at me. I got over him, really, I already did. I may have been crazily in love with him before but now, I'm over it. And I'm happy. But what the hell is going on now?
 
FLASHBACK: I really liked/loved him back in senior high school. I decided to tell him how I felt about him during our prom, but he didn't feel the same way about me. In fact, after the confession, he stopped talking to me for a few months. We eventually got to talk to each other again and be friends after a while, but it just hurt so bad. I finally got over him a year or so after we got to talking again. And now this whole thing with Jiyong is happening; whatever "thing" it is.
 
"So, uhm..." Kyle started, "How are you nowadays? We don't get to talk much anymore."
"I've been good," I smile. Yah, real good can I go now?
"Great!" He smiled. "Is a guy a reason for that?" What the hell are you getting at?
"Uh... I'm just really okay in general; why are you asking that?"
"Uhm..." He clears his throat, "You remember what you told me before?"
"Uh, when was what?"
"During senior prom...?" OH HELL NO YOU DID NOT JUST BRING THAT UP. Emotions from that night suddenly flowed back: the hurt, the pain. I hate you right now.
I try to sound like it doesn't mean anything to me, "Oh, yah, I kinda do. Why bring that up suddenly?"
"I really regret what I said that night," he said.
Uh... Okay... "It was like, a LOT of years ago; don't worry about it." I laugh.
"No, really, I regret it."
"Kyle, what are you getting at?"
"Is it..." He kicks an imaginary rock on the ground and looks at me with serious eyes, "Is it too late to change my answer that night?"
I look at him with confused eyes. "Uh, what?"
"Is it too late to change my answer that night?" He starts to look deeper into my eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"I..." He takes a deep breath, "I love you."
The world just stopped. Excuse me? What did you just say? I laugh, "No seriously, what's up with you?!"
"I'm serious, _________! I love you!" He said it more confidently this time.
"Who are you playing at? Who told you to do this?" I was getting pissed off now.
"No one. I love you. I was stupid, I just realized that you're the one I really love. I know you're over me now, but can you give me another chance?"
"Kyle, no joke. What. Is. Up. With. You." I emphasized each word. Let me kill a right now.
He pulled my arm and hugged me, "I'm in love with you, _________."
I pushed him away, "What the are you saying?!"
He gripped my arms tight, "Why did it take me so long to finally realize it? Give me another chance please, to make up for all the hurt I brought you before. I promise I won't hurt you again. Please, just love me again." He tried to pull me into a hug but I just kept on fighting it, I don't know why.
 
These words, am I actually hearing them?
 
Before even comprehending what the hell is happening, I feel someone grab my hand and forcefully pull me away from Kyle.
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
Ooh new character~ =))
I hope you liked this update! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for all the comments I love you guys thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissss big :"""">