Dead

Mister Is A Master [ON-HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ho!” I heard the signal, then their footsteps again.

 

The Cavaliers, I thought.

 

But what are they doing here? Were they the ones responsible for the gunshots? How come they’re here? Damn you, M. It’s a plan. Surely a damn plan, it is.

 

I peeked through the small gap so I can be so sure. And , it’s them. As usual, they’re wearing their fighting uniform, and most especially, their masks. Their masks that symbolize they are no one rather than M’s Cavaliers. They are the ones who are responsible of killing so viciously, inhumane. They are merciless.

 

Compared to them, we’re just some seducers to the target rather than the actual criminal, or killers. I breathe heavily. Soon, they’ve gone.

 

I pulled away from Kris’ hold. He earned my glare as he stood there, pretending. “ face!”

 

“Tell me who isn’t? Thank me for saving your .”

 

“I can save my own, , idiot. You’re just an intruder,” I said and was about to go out but he gripped on my arm. I looked at him, so mad and irritated enough. “What now?”

 

He looked at me, sighed. “Let’s go this way. It’s safer.”

 

“What?”

 

He dragged me. “You don’t know how to listen, don’t you?” he said, while we were walking through the long trail to the ‘way’ he’s talking about.

 

It’s a long walk, really. I noticed it’s a secret way out rather than the mouth of the cave. The other end is the way out, too. As soon as we got nearer, I jogged my way and the sight shocked me.

 

Outside of the building were students, looking horrified, and even wailing. For a while I got confused but then the sight of the Cavaliers earlier brought me to understanding that they are the ones responsible.

 

“Someone got murdered,” I heard Kris comment.

 

I looked up to him. He looked at me, too but this time, he’s cold. “How’d you know?”

 

“I’ve been here before you,” he stated. “Of course, I’m aware.”

 

I raised my eyebrows. So it’s right all along. The evil behind this plan is M. He sent us to this school not because he’s giving us a chance but because he has a primed scheme, a damn plan. It isn’t all about the boy. It’s well planned and we’re just the ones needed to fill in the gap. We’re baits, or even props.

 

M wouldn’t just let us go to a school just because we wanted to. This university is a big deal to the Grim Reaper. And I will find out the reasons that lie beneath his savage veneer, his mask.

 

I heard footsteps coming. And I found myself ready to snarl the attacker but I was relieved when I saw who the ones were running to me. They’re safe. Who got killed?

 

“JESSICA!” they yelled for me.

 

I found myself running to them and soon I was aware they’re hugging me. The angels, I would die of worry because of them. “Aphrodite, we were worried sick,” Sooyoung said, my hair.

 

They hugged me again, so strong, so tight.

 

“I’m okay,” I said.

 

“God! Who would do this attack?” Yuri blurted out.

 

“He died, that’s so sad,” Seohyun said.

 

I pulled away from hugging Yoona and asked, “Who died?”

 

They looked at each other and to the students, who were too compressed, looking to… the dead body. Though he’s brutally killed, I could still remember his face, and know it too well. He’s the old man in our Physic class.

 

Yoona answered me, “Mr. Park, our Physics teacher was tortured, killed. He was pushed off from the fourth floor of the building.”

~

 

The classes were cancelled due to the incident that happened. Students were horrified, and some were just too gloomy about the sudden death of one of the known teachers here in Clarkson University. If I have been like them, I would be, too, wailing and confused of what had happened. Too bad I’m used to this kind of incident.

 

At our apartment, they are three rooms. Seohyun and Sooyoung share a room, so is with Yoona and Yuri while I got a room for myself. I’m currently in my room trying to solve put puzzle pieces to their corresponding places but I seem to get a theory only.

 

It doesn’t only want us to kill the boy because he’s just a bonus to his more primed scheme. He has something big to deal about this university and that’s left unknown.

 

Why did he send the Cavaliers? Why did he kill Mr. Park? What’s with Clarkson University? And what’s with the old name of the school?

 

While I was walking to my locker, I saw an invitation just beside the trash bin. I was so curious because of a red stain on it. And I would bet it is blood stain. I knew it too well.

 

It goes like this:

When Everything Is Wrong

Believe the Fairytales

A Masquerade Ball:

I Do Believe in Fairies

Friday 14th

November, 2008

 

It’s an invitation of six years ago ball. Why does it’s still here? Maybe a teacher must have dropped it but how come it has blood stain? Is there something bad happened on this very date?

 

On the upper part was where the old school’s name was written.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter