Chapter 3

Open door

Chaerin was trying to forget Jiyong even if his face came to her mind every five minutes. Taeyang was a big help, always was, for everything. He was busy doing his things and the thought of calling him came every two minutes. She never really felt it, the need to call him this much and hear his voice and some funny thing, at least he thought his jokes were funny. She smiled when remembered one of them.

 

''I'm really strange today.'' She texted him.

Seven minutes later he replied. ''Give me news, Chae.''

''Are you busy? Can you come to my house today?''  She sent the message and read it again and again and her mind was confused for seconds, not even a minute and she texted him again. ''You don't need to come if you're busy or tired. Take some rest.''

He didn't reply the message. ''Little .'' She said.

 

Everything on tv was boring and nothing was funny or good to watch, not even the things she used to like. ''I'm okay.'' She repeated to herself a thousand times before going to bed. It was nearly 9:00 pm and she was there, looking at the wall, the clock and since morning, the phone.

A noise was heard when she was trying to sleep and fear was her best friend. Chaerin have been living alone since when her parents divorced and made her decide with who she was going to live and her chance to be free came. ''I'll live by myself.'' She said. Another noise was heard and she tried to keep calm and checked her phone with the thought of calling the police.

 

''Aren't you going to open the door?'' A male voice was heard and she smiled running to the door.

''Ya!! You almost killed me!'' She said nervous yet happy, it was him and she was safe.

 

Safe was the first word when Taeyang came to her head. He was always there when she needed and even when she was being a little he didn't go away, he stayed by her side.

 

''Sorry? I was trying to call you but your phone was off or whatever the girl with a funny voice said when I was trying to call you.'' He said making his way inside the house.

''My phone was what? I was waiting for your mes-'' Shut up, Chaerin. ''Anyway, I'm happy you came.''

Taeyang noticed something was strange, he didn't know what but he was sure something was wrong. ''Are you sick?'' He asked expecting some response but she just nodded. He was happy because she seemed a lot better and the smiles were normal to her. He liked her smile the most and hated himself when she was sad, the need to make her smile was his everyday challenge.

''I brought food.'' And here she was, smiling like a kid with the word ''food.''

''Oppa, marry me.'' She said unconscious and laughed.

He was frozen with her words even if they were a joke. ''I can't.'' He replied looking at her with the food already on .

''Why?'' Her tone changed.

''We're friends.'' His words were almost a true, since he liked her. Not only as a friend but as Chaerin, the girl.

''Do you like someone?'' She asked with the mouth full of food and the words almost became a puzzle to Taeyang.

''Yes.'' His tone was firm and she was shocked, she didn't saw this coming.

''I know her?'' He could feel envious on her voice. No response came from his mouth and everything he could do was laugh because the conversation was going to a way he used to avoid.

 

Characters: 2672, Words: 618