II

Soulmate #1.

“I’m glad to see you came back, Miss Jung.”
“Can we start?”
“We have already.”
“Can we start talking about my problem then?”
“And what is your problem?”
“Didn’t Kris already tell you?”
“Yes, Mr. Wu did tell me, but he isn’t the one that’s rehabilitating. Is he?”
“Fine. I was a loner with an imaginary friend, who I thought was real.”
“And why did you choose to be a loner?”
“I didn’t. I just enjoyed being alone more than being surrounded by people who will not lift me higher. Besides, solitude isn’t that bad.”
“Of course it isn’t. Solitude is needed for everyone. But that doesn’t mean that you have to cut yourself off from the world.”
“But I felt better alone. And stronger. Stronger than everyone else, because I didn’t have to depend on anyone else.”
“You may have been strong, but you were not brave. Friendship demands vulnerability, which you were afraid to show.”
“You remind me of her.”
“Of who? Your friend?” I ask as she nods her head.
“Well that’s good I guess. At least I’m alive.” I crack a smile.
“Yeah, at least you are alive.” She mutters as she lowers her eyes.




“Here comes coffee.” Luhan says as he enters my office holding two plastic cups of steaming coffee. “Thanks for the help, Tiffany.” He turns his head to thank the brunette that held the door open for Luhan to come in.
“Next time I expect a coffee for me too. Black. And no sugar.” Tiffany gives a pointed look and closes the door.
“Got it!” He exclaims as he places the cups on my table and takes a seat in front of the desk. “You’re welcome.” he grins at me.
“You do realize that I have a teapot in my office.” I say as I tilt my head in the direction of the teapot standing proud on my cupboard.
“But do you have a latte machine in your office? I don’t think so.”
“Fine, fine. Thank you, Dr. Lu.” I thank him as I roll my eyes and take a sip of my latte. "Though I would appreciate it more if you didn't disturb my nurses."
“Are you jealous that I'm interacting with your pretty nurses?"
"Oh yes, I'm full of envy." I answer in a monotone and he laughs.
"Right, right. So...Did you get any interns this year?”
“Yes. Honestly I was surprised when I saw how many students are asking to be interns this year. Guess psychology has earned its’ place in the world.”
“Same for me. I guess everyone’s aiming for medicine this year, huh?”
“Well they’re in for a quite a ride if you ask me.” I grin as he chuckles.
“They sure are. But then again, they also made me miss those university days.”
“Really?” I ask him in a surprised tone “Because all I remember from university are just long nights of studying and studying and studying.”
“And parties.”
“Well I never attended those, so I wouldn’t know.”
“Really?”
“Yes, really. I don’t drink, so I never made friends with those who usually attended them. Therefore I had no one to invite me.”
“You poor unfortunate soul.” He says as he shakes his head in disapproval
"I don't regret it though."
“Really?Then how did you survive?”
“With the help of the power of knowledge and fast internet?” I ask in confusion.
“You’re such a geek.”
“If you have a problem with that, the door is right there it was a few days ago.” I nod my head in the direction of the door.
“No problem here, Dr. Seo. Everyone comes with a baggage. Yours is different than mine. But I guess that’s what keeps me interested.”
“And what will happen when there is nothing else to unpack?”
“I’ll go buy a new one and we will fill it together.”
"Wow, that was deep."
"Well, I do have my moments. As a man with two heads, I have the power to choose with which one I think."
"You're disgusting."
"But amusing."
"Right..Well smarty pants, next time you plan to visit me bring some chocolate with you.”
“Aye Aye Captain!”