IV

Soulmate #1.


“Your mood today?”
“Good, I guess.”
“You guess?”
“Yes? Maybe? I don’t know what you want me to say.” Jessica replies in exaggerated voice.
“How about you express what you really feel?”
“What does that have to do with anything? You’re supposed to help me with my Krystal problem, not keep updated with my mood swings.”
“I’m here to help you get through this and understand what has happened. But I can’t do that when I can see that you are troubled. So do I have to repeat the question?”
“Fine. I’m sad, depressed, sorrowful, empty, helpless, drained and all other negative emotions. That’s my mood.”
“And why are you feeling like this?”
“Aren’t you supposed to be the one who explains this to me?” she raises a brow in question.
“The only thing I can do is give you a push to the right direction. Everything else depends on you.”
“Sounds like a waste of money.”
“Then I guess it’s a good thing that you’re not paying me.” I utter a chuckle and observe how the corners of Jessica’s lips upturn in a sign of amusement.
“Fine. I don’t know how to explain it. I guess I just feel so bad because I know I brought all of this upon myself. And now, I’ve brought it upon Kris as well. And that makes me feel even worse.”
“Well has he ever complained about it?”
“Not at all” Jessica smiles “To think that he has gone through all of this trouble and yet he still asks me to let him accompany me to these sessions.”
“Sounds like a keeper.” I grin at Jessica.
“He sure is. I’m just afraid of the fact that he has become so important in my life. And even though he has some serious flaws, and by flaws I mean this annoying friend that he should really get rid of, I love him so much and now I am sure that no matter what will happen, Kris will stay by my side. And I guess that’s why Krystal disappeared.”

“And that wasn’t that hard to figure out was it? Sometimes, you only need a little push.”
 



“Who the hell is Yongwha?” Those are the words that Seohyun hears as soon as she enters her office.
“Nice to see you too Luhan. Now may I ask you what in the world are you doing in my seat?” Seohyun throws a questioning look at him.
“You didn’t answer my question.”
“And you didn’t answer mine.”
“I came into your office to prepare some coffee for you since I got tired of you nagging at me for spending money on that latte machine. But then your phone would never stop ringing so I got fed up with it and answered it.”
“And what did you say to him?”
“Nothing rude, don’t worry about it. Who is he anyway?”
“A new acquaintance my friend set me up with.”
“Set you up? Why? Didn’t you tell her you have a boyfriend?”
“As long as I remember I do not have a boyfriend.” Seohyun mentions as she places her palms on the table
“And what am I?”
“Not my boyfriend.”
“I’m not your friend either.”
“Exactly, you’re my colleague.” She answers and Luhan lets out a deep sigh.
“You know what I mean.”
“No, I don’t, so please enlighten me.”
“Fine, you want to play your psychological games then be it, but I won’t play along. It’s pretty obvious that we both have feelings for each other, that’s why I didn’t bother with labeling our relationship but it seems like you need it. So from this day onwards you and me are in a serious relationship. As in not meeting or exchanging numbers with other men that your friends set you up with.”

“I didn’t know you were interested in men.” She grins at him.
“Of course I am. That’s why I am dating the manliest one – Doctor Seo.”
“Not to mention the smartest one.” Seohyun taps her temple with her index finger and throws Luhan a cheeky smile.
“Judging from your smile it seems like I am missing something.” Luhan comments as he raises a brow.
“I’m just surprised that my technique worked twice in a row through one day.”
“And what was the technique?” he asks as sharpens the pencils that he found on her desk.
“Ever heard of a saying ‘A little push at the right direction can make a big difference’?”
“And what was your push? Yonghwa?”
“Jealousy - yes.”
“You sneaky little
 psychiatrist.”
“I had to get you confirm our relationship in some way. This one seemed to be the most practical one.

“Well it worked, but I’m serious. Text him that you have gotten yourself a handsome boyfriend with a medicine degree and you like to call him daddy.”
“I do not call you daddy.”
“But you should.” Luhan gives me a pointed look.
“Fine, I’ll text him, now get out of my chair.” He beams at Seohyun as he gets up from my chair and moves around the table. As Luhan passes Seohyun he stops and steps back to stand just behind her. The lad places his hands on her hips and leans in to whispers in her ear:
“By the way, nice pororo screensaver.” He pats her behind and walks out the door.


------
can you guess who's Kirs' annoying friend? She's a gun refference. I know, I'm shameless.