I

Soulmate #1.


“Hello, Miss Jung. I am Seo Joohyun, but you can just call me Seohyun. And from this day onward I will be your psychiatrist.”
“I don’t need a
psychiatrist.”
“Well that’s not what Mr. Wu said when he came here.”
“Well I am saying that I don’t need one.”
“I see. Well then, I just have one question. Why does Mr. Wu believe that you need my help?”
“I don’t need to tell you anything that I don’t want to.”
“Of course you don’t, but then again you don’t have to stay here as well, but you are still sitting there. Which means that you do want to talk about this.”
“I am just staying here so that my boyfriend gets of my back.”
“Miss Jung, you do realize that lying to a
physiatrist isn’t the smartest idea.”
“You never know until you try.”
“Well all I know right now is that you want my help as much as Mr. Wu wants me to help you. But unlike him, something is holding you back.”
“What do you mean unlike him?”
“Why don’t you ask him yourself. We’re done for today anyway. I just want to remind you that just because you’re alright now, doesn’t mean that it won’t happen again. Sometimes people that we deemed cured become ill the moment they stop coming.”
“That just shows that you can’t help them.”
“No, it just shows that we can’t control what is happening with you. But what we can do is help you get through it and learn to live with it. But we need you to want us to help you. And until that day you are on your own, Miss Jung.”




“Another pageant queen gone wrong?”
“No, quite the opposite. Miss Jung has a strong personality and seems to be pretty sharp.”
“Doesn’t sound like a usual patient of yours.”
"And you know my usual patients?" Seohyun raises an eyebrow in a questioning manner.
"As far as I have seen, most of them have either anxiety issues, are depressed, addicted to something or have a traumatic experience."
"And by traumatic experience, you  mean they were under your care?"
"Ahaha, wow you're so funny. " Luhan gives her a disapproving look "
So, what's the problem with the pageant queen?"
“She has a name and it is Miss Jung."
"Fine, fine. Then what is wrong with Miss Jung?"
"Nothing too serious, she's just a living example that being strong doesn’t fight of the loneliness that every human faces in their lives.”
“Schizophrenia?”
“No. Schizophrenia is generally when you hear the voices opposed to seeing characters. In this case her story is quite different from that. Unfortunately telling you more is against the rules.”
“Oh, Joohyun, you can’t get me intrigued and then don’t tell me anything. Be a bad girl for once.”
"I can be bad without breaking the rules."
"Well, want to prove it to me by coming over tonight?"
"I'd rather not."
"Damn, just when I was getting excited." He sighs in disappointment.
“There there, you will survive." she pats his shoulder. " Wait, I thought I asked you to call me Seohyun.”
“But I like Joohyun more.”
“Ain't that sad? You are only allowed to call me Seohyun.”
“Well I have never heard anyone else call you Seohyun.  Aww, you want me to be the only one who calls you that? Who knew you liked me so much, Dr. Seo.” He grins at Seohyun.
“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She pours two teaspoons of sugar into her cup and mixes with a spoon until all of the sugar melts. With a cup of hot coffee in her hand she turns around and faces Luhan. “Now the next question is what in the world are you doing in my office, Dr. Lu?”
“My, my, you’re making me feel unwelcomed, doc. You seem to have forgotten that most of my patients end up in your care. And being the good doctor that I am, I just came by to check on how they are doing.”
“Well all you need to know is that, they are all progressing, some faster than others. So don’t  be afraid, they’re in good hands, Dr. Lu.”
“Oh I wasn’t doubting that, but I’m glad that you feel the need to assure me. Or are you trying to impress me, Dr. Seo?”
“Get out of my office and go do some work for once in your lifetime, Luhan.”
“I am working.”
“On what? Getting on my nerves?” she raises a brow.
“Yes. And it seems like it’s working. Don’t forget that there’s a thin line between love and hate, Joohyun. And I’m waiting for you at the coast of love!” He flashes a cheeky smile as he winks at Joohyun and struts out the door.
“Unbelievable.” Seohyun rolls her eyes and hides her smile behind the cup she's holding.