- Tell Me -

Falling in Love with My Enemy

Oh! And thank you so so soo much to ChubbyChibi for creating the main picture, means a lot. :D

 

MinHo grabbed all of his belongings and was about to head out of the building, until he remembered that him and Krystal had that project to work on. He looked up at the clock, she said to be there an hour after school; and he lived thirty minutes away, since he walked; so that would've been pointless considering the fact that she lived a couple blocks away from the school building.

He saw YoonA walking through the hallways and grabbed her arm, "Let go before people start to get ideas." 
MinHo rolled his eyes at her, "First of all, your boyfriend is my best friend. And secondly, you're not my type." He gave her a disgusted look as he looked her up and down.
YoonA stuck her tongue out at him, "Whatever, alright; what do you want?"
"Where's Krystal's locker?" He asked in a rush.
She pointed down the hallway and to the right, "Don't study too much." YoonA smirked, leaving him all alone.
"Aiish." he mumbled to himself as he sped through the hallways, thankfully Krystal was still there. "Hey!" he yelled out impatiently.
"Look CAP, I don't-" Krystal turned around, for the third time in one day; her instincts were wrong, "Oh, MinHo." she turned back around, trying to find all her books for homework.
MinHo felt a rush of jealously come down his spine once he heard 'CAP', but he let it slide; like he had a choice anyways, "Since it takes me thirty minutes to walk home, and your house is right by the school; could I just walk home with you?"
Krystal's eyes grew big, she turned around; and started looking at all the people walking by, at their lockers, everywhere. 
He looked at Krystal, completely lost; but did the same.
"I just don't want any rumors starting with us, but I just want to get this over with; so I'll let you walk home with me. Just this once."
Krystal made it extremely clear that she had no interest in MinHo, "Yes ma'm." he mimicked, even giving her a salute.
She turned around, ever since lunch; that was the first thing to make her smile. 
 
- on their walk -
 
There was nothing but silence, the only thing MinHo and Krystal felt was pure awkwardness. It's been forever since they even were techincally 'alone' with each other, and they didn't know whether they missed it or not.
MinHo couldn't take this anymore, "So.. where'd Jessica and your parents go?" not that he actually cared or anything.
"Canada." she responded, just continuing to walk without a care.
One word answers.
That was just one of the many things things listed on MinHo's biggest pet peeves, he nodded his head; it wasn't worth trying.
 
- at Krystal's house -
 
When MinHo took his first step into that house, all the memories just came rushing back to him like it just happened yesterday; "I feel like it's been forever."
The emotionless Krystal tried to forget everything, but there was no stopping anymore; "That's 'cause it has been forever." she motioned MinHo to come over by the couch, "Let's ace this thing."
He smiled and nodded his head, "Alright." MinHo took a seat next to Krystal, giving her the space she always demands for. He already had a plan for the project in mind, so he took out his sketchings and diagrams one by one; "I was thinking that we'd both just work on some rough drafts, then once we're done with that; we'll find a way to combine the two things together. Is that okay?" MinHo looked at her, and she finally gave him proper eye contact; nodding her head. Those beautiful eyes just never seem to change. He said to himself, inside his head of course.
Krystal actually had a complete empty brain.
Nothing.
This barely everm happened to her, but today; really wasn't her day. She watched as MinHo pulled out each of his brainstormings one by one, during that one moment; she could honestly say, that she was jealous.
He could feel her staring at him, but decided not look up and just continued with his work; it was better not to pick a fight anymore.
"How about we just go with your idea?" Krystal smiled big, giving him innocent eyes.
MinHo dropped his pencil, "Well, well, well; the almighty Krystal Jung, is taking the EASY way out? This doesn't seem normal." as MinHo mocked her, he didn't realize the fact that his face was actually getting closer to hers.
Krystal's eyes grew twice the size, she gulped and stood up; flattening down her shirt, "I'm going to get some drinks." and quickly dashed off into the kitchen.
He smiled to himself, those first day butterflies and jitters came running at him once more. He looked back, Krystal was still in the kitchen; he began to walk around, looking at all the photo frames on the wall and above the fire place. After each picture, he smiled; Krystal and Jessica were twins, but to him; they looked nothing alike, or even acted alike in that matter.
Krystal was extremely competitive and always needed to be known.
Jessica was laid back and liked to stay out of the picture.
Krystal didn't give a fu*k about what people thought about her.
Jessica would bawl her eyes out over the littlest thing.
Krystal was a full on sporty chick.
Jessica hated sports, and not just 'cause she was horrible at them.
Krystal chose sports and school over boys.
Jessica chose boys and shopping over everything else.
Krystal always took the more challenging way.
Jessica would do anything for the shortcut.
Krystal was in a picture with him. Jessica, wait- 
Krystal kept this picture with me?
 
- MinHo's P.O.V.
 
I picked up the photo frame, I remembered every little thing from this picture; December 24th, 2006; Christmas Eve. The day no one except Jessica knows about. The day she agreed to be my girlfriend.
I remembered every little moment like it was yesterday, I had to sit down; so much was coming back to me. I took Krystal ice skating, one of her most favorite hobbies to do out of school; and we went to go see the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers play their final game together that year. She bet $25 that the Lakers were gonna win, and I told her if the Heat would win; she would have finally agree to be my girlfriend. The Heat won, if you're still confused. 
Obviously, this was way before all this competitiveness rose between us. She was my first actual relationship, my first real kiss, and most important of all; she was my first true love. I could feel a tear coming, but I rubbed my eyes fast; I had to it up. It's over, what the hell can I do now? 
Oh, why we broke up you ask? 'Cause I became a self-conceited  hole. I let everything fall right in front of my face without even doing a thing. How the heck do you think Krystal became like this?
'Cause of me.
Of course, it really is me who ruins everything.
"Uhm, what are you looking at?" Krystal finally came back with some smoothies. I slowly turned around, holding up the picture.
She looked down, not having a response.
It was my turn to take charge.
I stood up, grabbing onto the two drinks; setting them down on the table. I held onto her hands, moving the hair in front of her face; looking straight into her beautiful eyes, "I need to know, if I have a shot; at a second chance."