Gun Fight

You Only Have One Chance

The Next Day

    I carried the metal money box down to the abandoned subway tunnel. The gun at my hip was heavy, and I looked back. Jong Up, Zelo, Himchan and Daehyun were all behind me, sporting guns of their own. We were getting Youngjae back, or die trying. 
    We looked around the corner, seeing a group of men circled around Youngjae. He was leaning against the wall, blood trickling down from his mouth and forehead. I felt a jump in tension from my friends behind me, and felt my own anger rise up. These men had hurt my family, our family. They were going to pay. 
    "Do you have the money?" Their leader, the one with the sunglasses, asked. I didn't reply, letting the box drop and watching as another walked forward. 
    He picked the box up, opening it and looking inside. Nodding, he walked back to the group and they shoved Youngjae forward. My bother took two steps, smiling as he looked up at me. A shot rang out, and a look of shock crossed his face. A breath rattled out and I looked down at the red stain spreading across the front of his shirt. He fell to his knees, crumpling down and leaving me shocked. 
    With a shout, I yanked out my gun and fired wildly. Both groups opened fire, and I went down with a bullet in my leg. I felt someone cover me, laying down to protect me with their body. Daehyun ran in yelling, firing two guns at once as he took out three men. 
    Daehyun was shot down, and Jong Up quickly followed. I frowned, seeing Himchan and Zelo also fall. We were all down, but the good part was that the other side was down too. Sunglasses pushed himself off the ground, reaching for the money box, but I fired a quick shot. He was dead before he hit the ground, and I pushed myself up. 
    I helped Daehyun up, bleeding from two bullets in his arm and leg. Jong Up was bleeding from a bullet in his chest, and I helped Zelo. We were a ragged group of friends, but we were forever. I looked down, covering Himchan with my jacket and picking up my fallen friend. 
    Zelo slung Youngjae across his shoulders, announcing with excitement that Youngjae was alive. Zelo put Youngjae down and his hands in Youngjae's pockets, pulling out a piece of metal and a mechanical looking clicker button. Zelo pushed the button, and we heard boots thunder down the subway stairs. 
    "Officer Youngjae, are you alright?" A full SWAT team entered our small space, looking from us to Youngjae. 
    "Do you know Youngjae?" I asked, watching Jong Up cough. He didn't look good, and we needed help. 
    "We worked together. He was undercover, investigating a local gang. I'm Captain Junhong." Captain saluted and I nodded. I sat, laying Himchan down gently. 
    "I'm Yong Guk, Youngjae's brother. These are our friends. He was kidnapped, and we got him back." I said. Captain saluted again, gesturing for me to let his team help us. 
    "Who's this?" Captain uncovered Himchan, and we frowned. He had been so brave, helping us. 
    "Himchan. He's dead." I said, turning away. 
    "What are you talking about? He's alive." Captain said, radioing for ambulances. "You guys have been given full pardon for any crimes committed, and we thank you for all your help."
    "Thanks." I said, a little groggy from the shot I'd just gotten. Captain saluted me again, walking away. 
    I was so tired. I let myself be rocked to sleep by the gentle moving of the ambulance as it drove along. I felt like we were going to be okay.