Robbery

You Only Have One Chance

The Next Morning

    I slept late, waking up at noon and making myself breakfast. Jong Up was asleep at the planning table, his face smearing some ink on the map. 
    "Jong Up!" I said, waking him with a start. I handed him a cup of coffee and he made a face as he slurped it down. 
    "Did you get the guns?" I asked. He nodded, resting his head on his arms. "Where are they?"
    "Daehyun and I went this morning. There's a box over there." Jong Up pointed to a wooden box and I walked over, flicking it open and looking inside. 
    "Good." I said, hearing Himchan call me. I walked into the garage, listening and smiling as Himchan revved the engine of a massive jeep. Its twin stood next to it, and Himchan spread his arms after climbing out of the car.
    "What do you think?" Himchan asked. I nodded, proud that he had been able to accomplish this. 
    "We're ready." I said, letting the boys rest as night fell. I sat in my room, thinking of Youngjae. I kissed the cross he gave me, vowing to get him back. 

Some Hours Later

    "Yong Guk. Wake up." Zelo shook me awake. I stood, pulling on boots and a black tank top. He handed me a walkie talkie, showing me his own. 
    "What time is it?" I asked. Zelo led me out of the room into the couch room. Himchan was swinging his key ring around and Jong Up loaded his gun. Zelo handed me a gun and holster of my own, and I strapped it to my belt. 
    "10 o'clock. We've decided Himchan will drive one car and I will drive the other. You'll be on the platform directing us, and Daehyun and Jong Up will make the grab." Zelo said. I nodded, and we all took a deep breath. 
    "For Youngjae." Daehyun said. We all repeated my brother's name, stacking our hands in the middle and throwing them up with a shout. 
    "Come on. It's time." I threw up the garage door, letting Himchan and Zelo roar out with the cars. Daehyun and Jong Up jumped in the back with me, and we went tearing off. 

    I lifted my radio to my mouth looking down at the truck coming below me. I could see Zelo's car trailing the armored truck. 
    "Check in." I murmured, hearing Zelo and Himchan both respond. "Go now!" 
    Himchan pulled in front of the truck, stopping it. Zelo squealed to a stop behind the truck, and Jong Up and Daehyun got out. Zelo and Daehyun did the same, drawing the driver's attention by waving their hands. 
    "Hey, get out of here!" The two guards got out of the car. Daehyun waved his hands again, and Zelo did the same. The guards turned to look at Zelo, and Daehyun ran up behind. He knocked one guard out while Jong Up did the same to the other. 
    Zelo unhooked the guard's keys, tossing them to Jong Up. Jong Up and Daehyun popped open the truck's back door, grabbing a sack of paper bills each. They ran back to their cars, and Himchan squealed away. 
    "Very nice, very nice!" I congratulated. "Now get out of there!" I ran back down the railing, hopping into Zelo's car and strapping myself in as he took off. 
    We reached the house and Himchan pulled in after Zelo. We took the sacks of money inside and sat down. We all felt guilt for what we had done, but we knew it was necessary. Himchan counted the money from one bag and Zelo took the money from the other. 
    "Thank you." I said. Himchan rested a hand on my shoulder, and I nodded. I walked away from the room, knowing that tomorrow I would see my brother again.