「date or hate?」— taken

「reverie」— apply fic idea thread.

DATE OR HATE?

brief Summary: Date or Hate? The new app to find romantic matches with anyone within a close radius of you determined by a personality questionnaire; what could possibly go wrong?

plot: A new app for mobile phones is created; Date or Hate? and countless people are keen to sign up. The app allows you to create your own mini-profile and asks you a series of questions in order to match you with anyone within a particular distance of you (via mobile phones, of course). When a match is made, your phone rings and instead of answering it, you're presented with a picture of the other person and two options: date or hate? If both participants press date, phone numbers are automatically logged into one another's phones and the rest is up to the potential couple! This app is taking the single world by storm and countless singletons are eager to try it out, whilst others are trying to get their hopelessly unsuccessful friends to join. Will you get a match?

Characters: 
The story could definitely work with plotlines and definitely have a range of ages and types of people who sign up for the dating app. You could have those who are reluctant, those who are nursing a broken heart, those who are trying to move on, or even people who are serial daters and can't committ to one person. 

tips + suggestions:
-Why not try creating the mini-application inside the application form for your applicants to fill out in the POV of their character to determine matches. 
-You could ask your applicants to list love interests but then not guarantee which ones they'd be matched with, an element of mystery and surprise would make it more exciting.
-Definitely include some unsuccessful matches before they actually find a good match, keep the story dramatised.
-You could add a lot of drama by two characters having matched on particular person and fighting over them, or having to choose between two people or matching their ex, or even their sibling, rjgisufgjsd. 


 

Additional Comments from HWANSANG

Okay, so I know up there in the inspiration section it says Bones, but that's just because I was watching an episode of Bones and this app was featured in the storyline and I thought it would be too good of an idea to ignore >.< I think it could be comical as well as romantic.

inspiration: bones
GENRE: romance, drama, comedy
Status: taken  by perfectiion