Don't get distracted

In love with an idol and my boyfriend

The next day was a Saturday. Since I’ve been into Kpop, I’ve always wanted to go to a music show. Therefore, for my pleasure, we went to MBC’s Music Core. It was way too early for a Saturday, it was 5am! We travelled to Goyang, in Gyeonggi-do. Some fans were already assembling in front of the door, even though it only started at 4pm. Nevertheless, we only had to inscribe our names on the list and we could go somewhere else, later on. Today, Topp Dogg was having their comeback stage for Music Core. I was anticipating it, because it would be the first time, when I see Xero on stage with the other Topp Doggs. It was raining the entire day, that’s why we headed back home. I was in a quite bad mood, I hated standing up before 9am. And since I was still tired, I got back to bed, and slept until 11.30am. Then, I was getting ready for the big event.

In the afternoon, we met Ryohoon and Jungha at the mall near Goyang. I was extremely excited to see my favorite group on stage, I waited so long for this day, it HAD to be amazing, otherwise I would have been upset.

Later, behind the MBC Dream Center, I met Xero, before he had his performance. I was one of the few people who could talk to their idols before they have to go on stage, I was something like a V.I.P, their manager let me pass to see the ToppDoggies, while Minhyo and the others had to wait in the queue with the other ToppKlass. (I should really call myself fortunate)

- I wish you good luck and have fun on stage!

- Thank you, I will need it. (I hugged him)

Somehow, he looked a bit depressed. Was it because of the nervositiy due to the comeback, or was it because of me…? I simply grinned at him. Heading out, I shouted ‘Hwaiting’ to the other members. Those who knew me already, waved at me. Suspiciously, P-Goon, the ‘muhdukkdukkan leader hyung’ (blunt leader), whispered to Hansol

- Who is that?

- ( Hansol in response to him) Jiho-goons future girlfriend.

- (The leader looked surprised) He has no time for this kind of things, he has to work hard!

- But he seems a lot happier recently, it’s because of her.

- (Bjoo added) Yeah, at the dorm, he keeps talking about her! So cute.

- 'She doesn’t seem Korean.', P-Goon spat.

- Well, probably because she isn’t? She is an exchange student.

- (even though P-goon seemed frustrated about his dongsaeng, he was slightly jealous) Seems like many of you already know her.

- No, only me Hansol, Atom and Hojoon.

- Pssh. How comes he never told me anything about her?

- Dunno.

- (Hansol was annoyed and replied) Hyung, it’s because he doesn’t want to tell you right now, since he isn’t sure about their relationship.

- (Bjoo looked astonished at Hansol) What? What do you mean ‘not sure’?

- Well, he told me this morning that he isn’t quite sure if he wants to be in a relationship with Jihyo!

- FOR REAL? And why?

- He mumbled something like ‘It would only break my heart, when she has to go back home’

- … Okay, I see. So he means that, after the one year she spent in Korea and headed back home, he won’t be able to keep up a far distanced relationship, right?

- (P-Goon being a bit cocky) Yeah then he won’t be able to focus anymore, CEO hyung will throw him out, Topp Dogg will lose plenty of fans, we would never receive any prizes and we would have to disband, right? Right! Better he had never met her.

- Aish, hyung don’t be so harsh.

- Don’t be so harsh? Are you mad? I’m not being harsh, I am being real with you guys. If anybody of Topp Dogg doesn’t give 180 percent, then you don’t have to wonder why groups such as EXO, BAP and BTS receive more popularity, than to us! People assume already, that we are only so so, and that we could do much better.

- (Kidoh turned around) Aish, what’s wrong? We are having already our 3rd official comeback, and it gets from time to time better! Open the door and Arario were a lot more successful than our debut song! Album sales are climbing, we get more followers on Twitter, Facebook and of course our fan café! More and more fans appear at our fansign events and we obtain so many fan letters!

Xero was entering the room where the other members were arguing. His facial expression got even worse as he heard them. In 10minutes, Topp Dogg would stand on the stage. Luckily, they could prerecord their performance, so they could refresh it whenever it didn’t seemed to be ok. However, how many times would they have to rerecord it? The mood wasn’t good. As they went behind the stage, to do their last motivation speech (which the leader was in charge of), everybody appeared unmotivated and depressed. P-Goon was furious, but he still tried to cheer up the other members. 

- Guys, I'm sorry what happened in the lounge. Don't think about the argument, just focus on the performance! You know you want to please the fans, so do it! OK?

- OK! HWAITING!

They disappeared on the stage, while as, me and the others were waiting for them. BTS just finished their performance, and they were amazing!