Goodbye Korea, Welcome Home

In love with an idol and my boyfriend

The next months had already passed. It was July, end of the last semester. Xero and I were able to just be friends, more like best friends. I’ve never met such a fun guy, who could make laugh, whenever I was sad. We had insider jokes, which the other members got really annoyed with. But at the end, we were a happy family. Their agency even let me travel with them, as if I was myself part of the group. The rumors kept disappearing. And even though, I spent only 4 and half months in Korea, it certainly was worth spending my time here. The reason why I didn’t stay longer? Well, I missed my boyfriend and my best friend and my parents and the stupid people in my home country. I was able to fulfill my dreams. Now, I had to make some new ones. However, I will return as a new, happier person back at home.

It was the July the 20th 2014. A sunny and beautiful day to say farewell. I packed my suitcase, and appa Haewon drove me, Minhyo and omma to the airport. As a surprise, all of the Topp Dogg members, Ryohoon and Jungha, and my guy friends from class were assembling in the entrance of the airport with huge posters saying ‘GOODBYE JIHYO/(my real name) WE WILL MISS YOU, WE LOVE YOU, TAKE CARE’. I was so happy as I saw them. We took photographs, I hugged everybody and said ‘thank you for the amazing time’ Jungha, Minhyo, omma, surprisingly my classmates and even Bjoo and Hansol got teary eyes. I was starting to cry. Especially when I had to say goodbye to Xero. I didn’t want to let go of him. We hugged for a long time. He whispered into my ear ‘I hope we will meet us someday, don’t forget me ok?’ I just smiled at him and nodded. Then he took something which was hanging around his neck and gave it to me, it was a necklace, his good luck charm, the necklace he always wore. I recognize it from the pictures I saved on my phone. Once again I hugged him really hard.

-  You will come back, alright?

- Of course I will! I will arrive really soon back in Korea.

- Have a safe flight and stay as amazing and beautiful as you are right now. 

We let go and sadly, it was time to leave Korea. At 17pm the airplane took off.

After a long journey, I finally arrived at home. My parents, my best friend and her boyfriend, and my boyfriend were attending me at the exit from the gate. I immediately ran into their arms, tears were rushing into my eyes. But it felt like, it just had been yesterday, when I said goodbye to my boyfriend. The time I spent in Korea was really like a dream. Too perfect, to be real.  For the following days, I had the same spasms as I had, when I received the poster from Topp Dogg, signed by Xero… But now it was even more intense.