Where is Topp Dogg?

In love with an idol and my boyfriend

- Wow, good morning Jihyo. You look terrible! Haven’t you slept?

- No, I couldn’t close my eyes.

We were eating and talking about the coming day, got dressed and left. Later at 7.30am, we took the metro and went to school.

- Jihyo, if you want, you can join me today and meet my friends.

- Yes, sure, but I have to get my books from my locker.

- Okay, I will wait here outside for you. But don’t let me wait too long, school starts in 20minutes.

I aimed for my lockers. I had a terrible headache due to no hours of sleep. Xero wasn’t next to our lockers. I went to the ladies’ room and noticed that I looked like Ju-On. Today was a day to avoid me. Other students were in the hallway, but no Topp Dogg. I went back to Minhyo, who was talking to some of her friends.

- This is Jihyo, my dongsaeng for the next year.

- Jihyo, this is Jungha and Ryohoon, my two best friends.

- Hello. It’s so refreshing to see a pretty foreigner.

- Oh thank you. (I blushed)

- ‘Have you got a boyfriend?’ Ryohoon asked me.

- Yes.

- Oh, too bad.

- Ya! Ryohoon, calm down, she is my dongsaeng.

- Yeah, but not your blood relative.

- So what? She is now my little sister.

We went to our classes. It was a though morning, and even if I resembled Ju-On, the boys from my design class, kept staring at me.

- Hey, you look like the ghost from Ju-On.

- Yeah, what’s her name already?

- Samira?

- No, that’s the one from the Ring.

- Oh, I know, it’s Jihyo!

- Shut up, you guys would look like Frankenstein’s monster, if you were in my situation.

- Sorry, we are only joking, you still look pretty. (My pale skin tone turned again pinkish.)

- Are you having lunch today with us?

- No, I will go with my unnie.

- Oh, okay, then tomorrow?

- Yes.

At lunch time, I met Minhyo and her best friends in the cafeteria, still no sign from any Topp Dogg members.

- Who are you looking for?

- Nobody.

- Eat your food, it will get cold!

- I have no appetite.

- Ya! Jihyo-sshi, eat! You haven’t slept, and you refuse to eat? You will get sick.

So, I forced the food down my oesophagus.

- What type of music are you listening to, Jihyo?

- Well, obviously, K-Pop.

- Who is your favorite idol?

- Right now, Topp Dogg (and I smiled like a little kid)

- Have you heard that here are members from Topp Dogg?!

- Yes, she has.

- ‘Did you guys see anybody from Topp Dogg today?’  I asked them.

- No. They probably have rehearsal or an interview.

- ‘Yeah, go ask Lee Hanmi for any information about Topp Dogg. She is their biggest fan from UOS.’ They informed me.

- Where can I find her?

- Uhm, well she is the same grade as you, probably you will find her on your floor.  She always wears purple circle lenses and and glasses like Hojoon.

- And she has a bag with small Rilakumas.

I couldn’t wait, so I was looking for this girl. It was easier as I thought, she was near Jiho’s locker. She was trying to throw a pink letter in it. But, stupidly, she threw it in mine.  As she disappeared, I opened my locker and took the letter. I went to class and read it, instead of paying attention to what the teacher explained. It says: ‘Hello Xero Oppa, it’s Jihyo, you know, the girl from yesterday. I wanted to say, that I really enjoyed the time with you, you are so nice, but I prefer Hansol Oppa. I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but I don’t mind spending some time alone with him, therefore, could you leave us alone? Thank you! Work hard! Hwaiting! <3’

I couldn’t believe what I’ve just read. So is this little girl trying to badmouth me to Xero?

School was over, and I met Minhyo at the same place as yesterday, but without letting her wait. We went to Dongdaemun, to do some shopping. Here in Korea, it’s much better to go shopping, here are so many cool clothes and products. As we headed home, I asked her:

- Isn’t the Stardome entertainment building around our place? 

- Yeah, it’s only a couple of steps away from our home, why?

- Do you mind passing by?

- Haha, why? Do you want to see your Xero Oppa?

- Yes.

- You know what? I can give it a miss. I will show you the entrance, and you can go on your own, okay?