Seventh Cup

That Same Old Coffee Shop

I waited outside of the shop as Kyung browsed inside of it, looking for the right chain and paying for it. I leaned against the bricked wall and tried to clear my thoughts of developing anymore feelings for Kyung because he shouldn’t even be one of my best interests right now. Exhaling, I calmed down myself down and tried to think of other thoughts, like… coffee. I nodded and smiled. I haven’t had any today because I had met with an incident that involved Jaehyo. At the mention of his name, I wondered why Jaehyo had decided to talk to me. I narrowed my eyes in thought.
Just then Kyung exited out of the store with a bag in his hand.
“Done?” I asked, leaning off of the wall.
He nodded, “What were you doing?”
“Nothing,” I shook my head and grabbed the handlebars of the bike, “let’s get going,”
“Okay,” he stood on the other side of the bike, and we began to walk. Kyung cleared his throat and turned his head to look at me, “So, how do you and Jaehyo know each other?”
I looked at him, surprised at his question, “What?”
“I mean, he came at you and asked you that he would help you.” Kyung stated, “He isn’t even in your class, so how do you guys know each other?”
“Oh,” I twisted my lips, thinking about how to explain to Kyung. “Well, I knew him in our first year of high school. My friend was friends with him and sometimes she would invite me to hang out with them, so I went and met him at places.”
“Did you like him or something?”
"S-Somewhat, I guess,"
Kyung chuckled, "So then what happened?"
I hesitated to answer him because, I mean, was I really going to Kyung about my little love life? Rather than pushing the question away, I answered, “After I confessed to him, he told me that I wasn’t his type and that I should stop having feelings for him because he’s never going to return them. Then he told me that I was too… plain of a person for him to call a girlfriend,”

“Harsh,” Kyung breathed out, “what did do you after that?”
“Nothing,” I answered, “I eventually lost feelings for him, seeing that he was nothing but a complete narcissist,”
“I wonder why he came at you today though,”
I shrugged, “I don’t know,”
“Maybe he was feeling bad about what he said and began to—”
“Nope,” I cut him off, “he obviously just wants attention and he probably just came after me because I was asking a bunch of guys for help.”
“Speaking of guys,” Kyung slightly tilted his head, “how do you know so many?”
“I only asked about 5 of them,” I mumbled.
“5?” He gasped dramatically, “How do you know 5?”
I scoffed, “They’re friends of mine,”
“But they all rejected you when you asked them for help,”
I twisted my lips, “They… were busy with other things,”
“Yeah right,” he clucked his tongue, “you should have just agreed to my suggestion in the beginning so we wouldn’t have gone through that today,”
At the mention of our incident today, I stiffened and nearly choked on air. I noticed that I was clenching on the handlebar quite hard and relaxed a bit. It was now or never that I ask him why decided to go with kissing me. “Kyung,” I began, “why… did you kiss me?”

“Hmm,” he exhaled, “I don’t know,”
“You don’t know?”
He smiled, “Was that your first kiss or something?”
I stiffened at his question and turned my head the other way, unable to give him an answer.
He gasped, “It was, wasn’t it?”
“Maybe,” I mumbled, biting onto my lower lip.
“Ah,” Kyung chuckled nervously to himself, “sorry for taking it. I probably should have thought about it before actually doing it,” he explained. “I just thought that if I kissed you, Jaehyo would figure that I was your boyfriend and would leave you alone,”
“B-Boyfriend?” The word escaped my lips in utter shock. “But tomorrow when he sees me—”
“Don’t worry too much about it,” he cut me off, “If he tries to make sure that we’re together, I’ll be right at your side to prove it to him,”
“But why go through this much trouble,” I mumbled, “It’s no use to lie,”
He clucked his tongue, “Hey, I don’t want something to happen to you,”
“So you’re saying we’re going to pretend?”
He nodded, “Yes,”
“But you like Seohyun, don’t you?” I asked.
“I do,” he answered.
My shoulders slumped at his answer; I felt more disappointed than I should have felt. I already knew his answer yet I had some ray of hope that he would say no. “How do you expect to transcribe your feelings for her if you’re going to be by my side?”
“It’ll be okay,” he assured, “I’ll get my feelings across to her,”
“Do you know how she feels about you?”
He shrugged, “I’m sure she finds me annoying,” he smiled half-heartily, making my heart skip a beat. I wanted him to be smiling at me like that, but sadly the smile wasn’t for me. “But I’ll definitely tell her how I feel and I’m sure that she’ll feel the same about me in the end.”
“You’re so sure of that,” I said, “well, good luck,”
“Hey,” he frowned, “you’re supposed to tell me that I will get her,”
I smirked and turned the other way, swallowing in the amount of pride I had left.

Once we reached my house, Kyung got right on to fixing the bike and within thirty minutes he was finished with it. He left telling me that he was going start texting me from now on and that I would need to reply back or else. I simply scowled at him and told him“fine.”

-

 

I sighed, frowning at the screen of my phone because I had just received another notification from Kyung. There was no way for me to get rid of the guy, not when he had to send me a text every few seconds just to ask what I was doing, where I was, or what the teacher was teaching in class. I had only given my number to him yesterday and he was going overboard with the advantage of having it. Annoyed, I put my phone into my bag and ignored it.

“Hey,” someone whispered my name. I glanced to my right and saw that a classmate of mine was shrugging their brows at me. “Did you happen to catch what the teacher just said?”
I shook my head, “Sorry,”
He frowned at my answer and turned the other way. I looked down at my desk and sighed depressingly at my blank piece of paper. I was so going to get scolded for not having a single note written down—and it was all because of Kyung’s fault! Everything I did had to involve him one way or the other. There was no way that I wasn’t going to be free of hearing his name circulating inside of my head.

After class, I heard the soft tapping of someone’s foot step coming into the classroom and turned to see that it was Kyung. Rather than standing at the doorway—like the previous day—he took a step into the classroom and… looked right at me. My heart thudded a wave which mentally wobbled the skull of my head. I tried to breathe correctly as he walked towards me and not towards Seohyun. What was he doing? I froze on the spot, not moving an inch as Kyung walked closer towards me. He raised a brow at me and nodded his head in confusion. I swallowed back a ball of spit in my throat and had to force my fingers to cooperate as I pointed at Seohyun.

“You’re not…” I mumbled, but stopped when he placed a finger to his lips as if telling me to keep it a secret that he was in here. “But—”
Kyung quickly grabbed my hand, cutting me off from saying anything else. He leaned inward and whispered, “Let’s just hang out together today — the two of us,”
At those words I quickly panicked, pushed his hand away, and shook my head in opposition. There was no way I was going to just “hang out together” with him today. There was already this uncomfortable and awkward atmosphere I had when I was around him, and spending another afternoon with him would only increase it.
He chuckled, “Why do you look so nervous?”
“I’m not,” I answered, hiding that slight tremble that dared to sound.
“Then,” he extended a hand for me to grab, “let’s go,”
I shook my head.
Kyung sighed, “Fine, if you don’t come with me then I’ll just have to take you by force,”
“You wouldn’t dare,”
He smirked and took a small step towards me, which I could practically feel his breath on the skin of my cheek. “I’ll carry you out of the school and, well, I know that you’ll get flustered and embarrassed right?”
“You’re ing with me,” I said through clenched teethes, shocked that he would even tell me this. “You’re willing to go that far just because you want us to hang out together today? Why do you even want to hang out with me?”

He slightly tilted his head to the side, “You’re my friend, aren’t you? Plus, I think you owe me a day since I had to waste my thirty minutes to fix your brother’s bike.” He reasoned with a sly smile. “Well?”
Ah, . I cursed under my breath and marched out of the classroom, pissed that I was going to have to spend my afternoon with him… again! As I got out of the classroom, I quickly turned around and remembered that Seohyun was still in. Kyung stood in front of me, shrugging his brows. “Seohyun,” I pointed, “she’s still in there,”
“She’ll be fine,” he smiled, “I’ll just call her as we walk out of the school,”
“But—”
“Don’t worry,” he assured, “I’ve called her millions of times to tell her this.” Kyung placed his arm around me and forced us to walk together. Of course I grew uncomfortable, but I didn’t question his action since he had done this this morning and told me it was a way to prove our “relationship” to Jaehyo.

As we walked, I asked, “So she usually does this?”
He nodded, “Haven’t you noticed?”
I shook my head, “I didn’t start to notice until a couple of days ago when I had decided to stay in the classroom until everyone left,” I answered.
He clucked his tongue at me answer, “You’re just exactly like your classmates; not paying any attention to the new student because you don’t want to get to know her.”
“I don’t even think she would have liked it if we just approached her randomly,” I countered. “She’s a new student and anyone who approaches her… I’m sure she would just label them as using her.”
He simply sighed at my answer, “That’s all you have to say to back up your reason?”
“Not everyone is as open as you are, you know,”
“Doesn’t mean that everyone has to have the same attitude towards new people,” he countered and looked at me. “Then again, I guess you aren’t that equivalent to everyone else since you did start talking to me even though we aren’t in the same classroom.”
I scoffed, “That’s only because you approached me first and wouldn’t leave me alone,”
“But seeing that you’re stuck onto me like a leech, you don’t have that mindset to ignore others, right?”
I scoffed, “Me the leech? You might want to rephrase that to you!”
He laughed, “Well, anyways, rather than going to the coffee shop, how about we head to the park?”
“Why the park?” I questioned, “Too many students go hang out there after school,”

“Then where do you suggest?” He asked, “Your house—or maybe you want a tour around mine?”
I shook my head furiously, but rather than taking my answer, he gasped as if his idea was brilliant.
“We’ll head to my place then,”
“But—”
“Come on, you haven’t even seen where I lived yet,” he urged, practically dragging me as he lead us towards his home.

 


@silverrinnie: aww well thanks for reading this fic and im glad to know that you're enjoying it ^^; your flattery is truly appreciated <3 lol