Chapter 5 - Changing Notes

Bittersweet Symphony

“What are you doing here??”

Yuna startled when suddenly she heard the cold voice behind her. She turned her head in a hurry and found the death eat—the man in bla—well, Jonghyun, for simply—was standing behind her and stared at the guest with his cold gaze.

“Visiting you, of course.” The man answered calmly, seems like he already predicted that Jonghyun will react like that. “Your sister said that you are having a fever. Did you already call the doctor?”

Jonghyun hissed. “I’m fine enough and I don’t need any visitor right now. Can you just go home?”

“Seems like you didn’t call the doctor yet. Let me call him, first.” That man ignored Jonghyun’s cold words. He took out the his phone and in next second, he already talked with the doctor, telling him to come.

While that man was still talking on the phone, Yuna, still with confused mind, stealing a glance to Jonghyun and found that Jonghyun’s expression is totally annoyed. Actually what is their relationship? Why Jonghyun sunbae has a same expression when I saw him with Seolhyun for the first time? Wait, wait! Don’t tell me that…

“John, aren’t you going to introduce your girlfriend to me?” That man spoke again after he ended the call, while smiling warmly at Yuna.

Yuna replied his smile and slightly bowed her head. John?? Since when he has an English name?? And what?? Girlfriend?? Oh God, do you want me to die???

“What for? You’re going to do that anyway. Sooner or later.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes with bored tone in his voice. “I’ll back to sleep, so why you don’t leave? Aren’t you busy?”

“My flight will be at 8 PM. It means I still have an hour to spend here.”

“Do as what you want, then.” Jonghyun finally gave up, as he knew he will never win over that guy. “At least, don’t disturb me and don’t disturb my house. Also don’t disturb her.” He added then turned to Yuna. “If you feel inconvenient, you have the right to ignore him or tell him to leave the house.” He said before he went back to his room.

“I’m sorry, miss. I think I have a responsible for his kind of character…” that guy spoke while smiling. Seems like he didn’t feel hurt at all with Jonghyun’s harsh words. “By the way, I almost forgot to introduce myself, I am Jonghyun’s Dad, Lee Harry.”

Eventhough Yuna already expected that kind of answer, she couldn’t help but dropped her jaw. Jinjja? He’s Jonghyun sunbae’s father??? The most genius and famous pianist. “I know you, sir. I mean as pianist Lee Harry. And I’m your fan.” Yuna bowed. “My name is Seo Yuna. Jonghyun’s hoobae in university.”

“Miss Seo Yuna-ssi, nice to meet you. But why you look so surprised when you saw me?”

“Y—Ye? It’s because I never expected that you are Jonghyun sunbae’s father, Sir.” Yuna explained carefully.

Lee Harry chuckled a little. “Well, honestly I’m not surprise for knowing that. Since a little, Jonghyun never talked about me to his friends. And I think he even didn’t tell you that he has a younger sister in the same university?”

“Yes…” Yuna nodded, slightly feel guilty. “I knew about that accidentally not so long ago… And Seolhyun is the one who told me.”

“Oh you already met Seolhyun? By any chance, which major that you’re attending, Yuna-ssi?”

Yuna raised her eyebrows, feels puzzled with the sudden question. “Piano-keyboard, Sir.”

“AH!” Lee Harry’s smile became wider. “So you must be the ‘beautiful unnie who has a great skill of piano and will be accompanying duet with Jonghyun oppa’ that Seolhyun was talking about…”

“Y—ye, it’s true that Jonghyun sunbae will accompany me for my mid-exam…” Yuna answered politely although she feel embarrassed with the way of Seolhyun described her.

“And honestly it makes me surprised, Yuna-ssi. I never expected my son will agree to accompany the music for the girl, especially a pianist.” Lee Harry stared at Yuna with amazed expression. “How could this happen, actually?”

“Well… It’s just accidentally happened, Sir. Honestly, if I can say this… at first, I’m very sorry to say this for Jonghyun sunbae… but truthfully, I’m a bit scared of him…” Yuna said while grimacing. Although this is the first time that she met with Jonghyun’s Dad, and needless to say that he really has an authoritative aura around him, but somehow Yuna feels comfortable to talk with him, just like when she met Seolhyun for the first time. I usually feel so uneasy with man, but for him… I don’t know, he feels like a parents—okay, I know I have no right to say this, but that’s the way I’m feeling right now.

Lee Harry laughed once again as he heard Yuna’s honesty. “No need to apologize, Yuna-ssi. I might find it strange if you said that you’re not scared of him.” He said. “Jonghyun has a strong character since he was little. He seems build a wall around him so no one can interfere him. Sometimes, he can be so intimidated to the people around him even without doing anything. Even since now, I’m still amazed and also very thankful to Jonghoon and Yonghwa who can overcome the barrier and became his bestfriends. Especially for the girls, he’s been well known as cold guy towards the girls, right? That’s why I said I was so surprised when I heard that he agree to accompany you, no matter what the reason is.”

 

Yuna, who didn’t know how to respond it, just nodded her head politely.

 

“And Seo Yuna-ssi…”

 

“Yes, Sir?”

 

“I know you’ll meet more often with Jonghyun until your mid-exam, and during that time, can I ask you a favor? But at first, I should apologize because it might makes you think that it’s too much.”

 

“What’s that, Sir?”

“Please look after him. I’m not saying that you should give a lot attention to him. What I mean is… looks like he treats you different rather than the other girls, maybe if you had a chance, I hope you can be friends with him. Of course Yonghwa and Jonghoon are his bestfriend, but he never had an experience about having a girl as a friend, so if you don’t mind, and if there’s any chance, Yuna-ssi. But if you can’t do that, of course you shouldn’t. I don’t want to make you feel burdened. I’m just saying this with a hope that you may can consider it…”

Yuna swallowed hardly as she heard Jonghyun’s Dad’ words. “Ehm… may I ask the reason why I was the one that you think can do it, Sir?”

Lee Harry gave Yuna a father-smile before he answered. “Because I have a good feeling about you, Yuna-ssi. I don’t know why but somehow I feel like that.”

 

* * *

 

“You know, I still couldn’t believe that he’s a son of the famous pianist Lee Harry.” Hyejeong commented as three of them were having a lunch break at the cafeteria the next day. Yesterday, Jonghyun’s Dad left after the others came back from the supermarket and even waiting until the doctor came and examined Jonghyun although after examined, Jonghyun continues to sleep because of the medicine. And just like the way of Yuna’s responses. Even Hyejeong and Mina are still very surprised with the fact. “And even Seolhyun never talked about this.”

“You’re not the one who still in disbelief. Me too.” Mina commented. “But I think, Seolhyun didn’t want to blabber about who’s his father. She’s a very humble person. But, come to think about that, both of them are Lee Harry’s children, but no one of them took the piano major. Isn’t it strange?”

“Ah, Seolhyun ever said to me that she’s so bad at playing instruments because she never had any interest rather than dancing, even since she was little. And she said that his parents never against her to take any major that’s why she choose the major that she really likes.” Hyejeong responds. “But I don’t know about Jonghyun sunbae. He has a piano in his house, right? He shouldn’t put it in his studio if he didn’t know how to play it, right?”

“I think he might already mastered in piano that’s why he didn’t take piano major in university…” Yuna commented, remembering that Jonghyun’ skillful hand when he’s playing the piano secretly.

“And talking about Lee Harry is their father, no wonder they’re really good-looking like that. I wonder their Mom must be so beautiful. From my point of view, Jonghyun sunbae really resembled his Dad—well, why we didn’t realize about this at first?—and Seolhyun might looks like her Mom although I never saw Lee Harry’s wife.” Hyejeong said. “Come to think about that, I ever heard that his wife is a famous pianist too but I never saw him together…”

“She’s already dead…” Yuna muttered, even she, herself, feel surprised with the fact that she just blurted out. “I’ve read the biography of him… that his wife is already dead, if I’m not wrong, it’s around twelve years ago…” she exchanged glances with Hyejeong and Mina who looks completely shocked, just like her. “I just remember about that right now…”

“What causes her death?” Hyejeong asked carefully. “If it was twelve years ago, it means she was dead in such a young age…”

“I don’t know. But I think we can found it in the internet. You’re right, Hyejeongie. She is—I mean, she was a very famous pianist, just like Lee Harry.” Yuna said as she glanced at her watch. “Ah, I have to go to White Studio right now. Jonghyun sunbae might kill me if I’m late for today’s practice.” She packed her things in a hurry.

“You even didn’t have your lunch yet…”

“I’ll have another lunch later. Annyeong!” Yuna bid a farewell to her friends and rushed off in a hurry.

 

* * *

 

“Huft… Fortunately he isn’t here yet…” Yuna sighed in relieved when she entered the VIP studio and found that Jonghyun isn’t coming yet. She sat on the couch and decided to practice the piano first while waiting for Jonghyun when suddenly something acrossed her mind. She grabbed her phone in a hurry and typing a name in the web search. And in instant, a webpage already appeared.

 

 

Lee Ji Hyun (dead at 31 years old ) is a famous pianist during her lifetime. She began her pianist career after she graduated from San Fransisco Conservatory of Music. She has been take a part in many big orchestras, especially piano orchestra. Her great skill in piano always made her received so many praises. Her international career path became wider and wider when she started to compose many pieces—along with the genius pianist which is his friend in the same university, Lee Harry (before their marriage). Both of them successfully held so many world tour concert of performing their own composed music with a piano duet version. It makes them received so many praises from all sides. Their international success career continues even after their marriage. She changed her name into Lee Ji Hyun (previously Hwang Ji Hyun). She took a break from work for a year when she was giving a birth of her first son, Lee Jong Hyun, and continues her activity as a pianist and did an Asia Tour orchestra once again. And then, two years later, she was giving a second birth of her daughter. And after that, she decided to take a full break from music performance and focused on the business (one of them the best Music Institute in Asia, Seoul International Music Institute that she and her husband owned). And when she was 31 years old (six years after she gave the second birth of her children), she has been reportedly passed away due to her health problem. Until now, her own composed pieces and her duet composed pieces with Lee Harry are still playing by many orchestras in every countries.


Jump to : Discography ; Awards

 

 

“She is very beautiful…” Yuna commented when she found Lee Ji Hyun’s picture beside the article page. “How stupid I am… I’ve been studying some of her masterpieces, but I never realized it…” she muttered. “If she dead twelve years ago, it means… Jonghyun sunbae was 8 years old at that time and Seolhyun was 6 years old…” They already lost their Mom’s figure when since they were kids. It must be so hard… She just lost in her thought when suddenly the door opened. It makes her back to reality and turned off his phonescreen in a hurry. I don’t want he find me was trying to know about his family. He must dislike it so much. “Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae.” She bowed at Jonghyun as soon as he entered the room. Oh, he looks so much better rather than yesterday. Seems like the medicine is working good on him.

Jonghyun just glanced at her without responding her greeting—as usual. “I won’t tolerate any mistakes today, got it?” he said while walking to his guitar and started to strum it.

Yuna hurriedly sat on the piano chair and took a deep breathe. Please help me, God. “Yes, sunbae.”

 

 

 

 

Yuna finished her playing nervously. This time, fortunately she didn’t make any mistakesOr I think I didn’t. And since Jonghyun didn’t let out any words, it makes her feel nervous. Because usually Jonghyun will give her some comments--cold comments, actually—about her playing. She wanted to ask but she knew that she didn’t have any courages to do it that’s why she just remaining silent.

“Practice is over.” Jonghyun suddenly said as he stood up and grabbed his car key on the table. “I’m hungry.” He walked to the door and opened it. “My car is parked at A2 basement and I dont want to wait more than five minutes.” He added before he left the room. Leaving Yuna who still didn’t understand what was he talking about.

Why he told me where he parked his car… and what? He didn’t want to wait more than five minutes?? Does he mean that he asked me to have a lunch together???” Yuna talked to himself with confused mind. “Aish maldo andwae…” she shook her head and took her bag in a hurry. Whatever the reason is, if he said like that it means I have to be there no more than five minutes… Maybe he wanted to talk about the practice…

She went out from the elevator when it stopped at the basement and found that Jonghyun just entered his car. Nervously, she approached the car and before she managed to ask, the car’s roof is opened.

“What are you doing there? Hurry, I’m so hungry right now.” Jonghyun, who already sat on the driving seat, commanded.

This is seriously impossible… Yuna thought as she entered the passenger seat beside Jonghyun’s since she didn’t have another choice to do right now.

 

 

Five minutes later, they’re already on their way—although Yuna didn’t know where is the place that they are going to, she only know that they will have a lunch. She just sat silently while Jonghyun is driving leisurely. Although right now Yuna feels so anxious, but somehow she feels thankful. I almost forgot that I didn’t have a lunch yet, thanks to him, it makes me realized how hungry I am right now… she thought while looking straightly at the road.

“Last night…” Jonghyun suddenly spoke, made Yuna turned her attention to him, “Who cook the meat?”

“Eh?” Yuna feels surprised with Jonghyun’s sudden and random question. “M—me, sunbae. Waeyo?” she couldn’t help her curiosity. Did my cook turn out that bad?

Nothing.” Jonghyun answered—still with his cold voice—while kept looking at the road. But then, he started to speak again. “Do you often cook the meat?”

“Eh??” Yuna furrowed her eyebrows, feeling more confused with Jonghyun’s random question. “I think so…” Honestly I love meat. But… what’s wrong with him? His question is very strange…

Jonghyun turned silent again after Yuna answered him. How should I say it? I really hate myself for being like this but… haish… it’s so frustrating. “Can you…” he cleared his throat before he continued to speak. “Can you cook it right now?” Whatever! I really want to eat that again! 

This time, Yuna’s jaw totally dropped. Wh—what?? What was he saying just now?? Does he mean that he want to eat that again or…? Ah why it’s so confusing! “Well… I think I can. It’s not that hard, actually…” she still managed to give a honest answer beyond her curiosity. “Do you want to eat the meat, sunbae?” she encouraged herself to ask. Hopefully I’m not asking a wrong question. Hopefully he wont get ang—

“Cook it, then.”

Yuna almost couldn’t believe what was she heard just now. She turned her head to see him in disbelief. “You… want to eat that, sunbae?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer her but suddenly stopped his car in the parking area of supermarket. “Go down. I don’t know what kind of ingredienst I should buy if I’m alone.” He said and went out from the car, leaving Yuna who’s still feeling surprised.

Tell me what day is today? April fool? Fake-act day? Impossible-act day? Reverse day?

 

 

 

“You can decide which place that you want to cook.” Jonghyun said while taking a trolley. “Seolhyun isn’t at my home right now.” He added when he found that Yuna didn’t understand his words. “You can still cook at my home, actually. If you feel inconvenient, I can wait outside.”

 

Once again, Yuna looked at him in disbelief. Jinjja, what’s wrong with him today??? He acted like a normal human! “Gwaenchana. You shouldn’t wait outside, sunbae. It’s fine.” She responds. Oh? What did I say just now? Okay, I know it’s strange but I think it’s fine although it’s only him there. I mean… maybe because I’m getting used of his presence or maybe because I’m already too scared of him, or maybe because he knew that I feel uneasy around male that’s why I think he wont do anything that makes me scared—okey, although his presence is already scary… But it’s different, and it’s fine. It’s so confusing, isn’t it? “But is it okay for me to disturb your house, sunbae?” Yuna asked carefully since last time she remembered that Jonghyun really dislike to let any girls to enter his house. Except for some reason, such as when they didn’t have any practice place except his house or just like the last time he let Mina and Hyejeong just because of they are soon-to-be-his bestfriend’s-girlfriend. 

 

“Do you see other place that you can use right now except my house?” Jonghyun asked back while looking at the beef. “Don’t waste too much time. I’m so hungry already. Hurry up!”

Yuna stared at Jonghyun’s back and sighed. I think I’m already crazy right now. How can I agree to come to his house when no any females around… and to make it sounds worst… I even agree to cook for him! Oh God, what’s wrong with me???!

 

* * *

 

Jonghyun approached the table as he saw Yuna finally done with the cooking. Actually when they arrived at his home, he—at least—wanted to ask what should he do to help her since he’s the one who asked her to cook, but one thing that makes him amazed is… that girl really knew how to deal with me. She told me to just do something else—and I know it makes both of us feel relaxed rather than watching her cooked the lunch—and she did it without creating any loud sounds. Seems like she’s very careful not to make any fuss here. Well, I should admit that I feel good with her act. 

He then started to sit but suddenly he recognized something unusual. “Aren’t you going to eat too?” he asked, couldn’t hide his curiosity since he saw that Yuna just arranged the table with one set of plate, not two.

“Eh? Me?” Yuna feels surprised with Jonghyun’s question. Actually she didn’t expect that Jonghyun will ask something like that. Because since beginning, she already thought that he wanted to eat the meat for his lunch—not OUR lunch. Did he just tell me to have a lunch together with him?? 

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Yuna with his cold—or you can say it ‘usual’—gaze. Without saying anything, he stood up and took another set of plate and put it on the table, in front of him. “I don’t care if you’re already stupid or planning to become one, but please don’t be too much into it.” He said heartlessly. “Do you think I’m going to eat these all alone?” he muttered and started to eat.

Oh jebal… Yuna almost snorted as she heard Jonghyun’s words, but she held it since she knew that this is his territory. What a very heartless vampire guy! She grumbled in her mind but still pulled the chair and sat in front of him, before Jonghyun’s mouth let out any heartless comments again. “Jal mokgeussimnida.” She said quietly and started to eat. She glanced at Jonghyun and somehow she feels amazed. Looks like he really really wanted to eat that… And fortunately he didn’t criticize the dishes… Well, no matter how annoying that person is, but it’s still a heartwarming when you saw that he really enjoyed the food that you made. 

“For your mid exam, you only need to do exactly the same like the way you played just now at the studio.” Jonghyun suddenly spoke again, while still enjoying his food. “And don’t make me repeat my words for twice.” He added when Yuna—once again—looks surprised with his comment.

Maldo andwae… He… It means I didn’t make any mistake this time! Woah… daebak! Oh it feels like I’m going to jump happily right now!!! Yuna unconsciously smiled blissfully. “Yes, sunbae. Thank you. Thank you very much.”

Since when a smile can look so pre—Oh? What’s the nonsense thing I’m going to say? Oh, stupid brain! “Well…” he cleared his throat. “I had a good meal.” He almost muttered while slightly bowed his head, but still avoiding Yuna’s eyes. “Thank you…”

Now, I believe today is an opposite day! Seriously… This is impossible! That sunbae—who only knows how to say harsh and cold words—suddenly acted like a normal person… hoh, maldo andwae… But wait… somehow his expression is different… why he looks kinda sad? Yuna thought curiously but try not to think too much about that. “Thank you for letting me had a lunch too, sunbae.” She bowed her head. Well, although the one who cook all of these is me but he’s the one who buy those all. 

“Well… is there some leftovers? If there is so just put in the fridge. I might want to eat it again for dinner.” He said unclearly but Yuna still managed to hear that.

“Isn’t it bad for your body to eat too much beef continuously, sunbae?” Yuna couldn’t hold herself not to respond his words since she feels concerned towards the way of he eats. Although she didn’t understand why somehow she has that kind of feeling to that heartless guy. “Once a day is still okay, but twice and continuously can become a serious concern for your health, sunbae.” She continued to speak without realizing that who’s the one that she was talking with. “What kind of dinner that you usually had?”

 

“Anything that I want to eat that time.” Jonghyun answered while staring at Yuna. Actually he feels surprised since Yuna usually looks so scared of him and always try not to had too much conversation with him. And honestly, usually he can even just ignored if a girl talked or asked him something, but this time, he didn’t understand why he’s still there and answer her question properly. He just wanted to do it.

“It shouldn’t be just anything. Have you ever consider about your health when you want to eat the food?”

“I consider the taste that my mouth and my tongue wanted.”

“You SHOULD more consider about your health!” Yuna’s voice is getting concerned while her expression started to look worried. “Try to remember when the last time you ate something healthy? Except today and last night!”

“I don’t know…”

“See? That means you really didn’t consider about your health. Don’t you think it’s important?” She continued to blabber while glaring at Jonghyun.

“It’s important.”

“Then tell me, did you always have a healthy breakfast?”

“Not literally.”

“What??”

“I said no. Sometimes I even skipped it. But what should I do? I’m too lazy to think and even do it.”

“Then try to put more effort to think! And do it!”

“I don’t know how to cook.” Jonghyun said nonchalantly.

“It’s not the problem!"

"It's the problem. Dont you think it's too hard to make a breakfast??"

"It's not that hard! Fine. I’ll make you a breakfast!”

Jonghyun suddenly almost lost of words when he heard what Yuna just said. He stared at Yuna with an undescribed eyes without saying anything. And somehow it makes Yuna regained back her ‘sense’ when there is no respond from him.

Omo! WHAT I’VE JUST SAID??? WHAT I’VE JUST TALKED ABOUT??? I AM SERIOUSLY CRAZY RIGHT NOW, AIN’T I?? OMO! It’s because since childhood, omma always concerned about the healthy food that’s why it became my habit until now… BUT WHY I HAD TO BLABBER IN FRONT OF HIM??? AND HOW COULD I DIDN’T AWARE THAT I WAS TALKING TO HIM! Usually I talked like this if someone like Hyejeong or Mina were being ignorant about their health, but Oh God! It’s him! Noted, HIM! The most heartless, cold, ignorant and vampire-alike guy in this world!! The very last person that I want to get involve with. AND WHAT?? I JUST TOLD HIM THAT I’LL MAKE A BREAKFAST FOR HIM?? Oh Omma… help me!!!! I’m so gonna kill myself right now!! Now what should I do??? Please reject it! Please just say no, please! I beg you, please! Yuna thought in panicky.

While on the other hand, Jonghyun still couldn’t give any responds since he’s very amazed. No, actually since Yuna started to talk a lot, he found it was a rare sight. I mean, I never expected that she could talk a lot like that to me. Usually, whenever she saw me, looks like she really wanted to run away or just kill herself right away because of my worst attitude—yeah thanks, I know that but I didn’t have any effort to change it. But I don’t know why… although her words is annoying me, but I do still want to respond her… And the way that she looks like didn’t realize yet what is she talking about and who is she talking with… looks so cu—stupid! Yeah, stupid. I said, stupid. Look at her! Now she turned panicky and nervous, maybe she is already aware. “Fine. Then make one for me.”

 

 

 

 


 

annyeong.

forgive me bcs I abandoned this story for so long.

Forgive me, I didnt do it on purpose, really.

hopefully you still want to read this.

and feel free to give me your feedbacks ^^ you can tell me anything.

and ofc always THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of ur support to this story.

 

right now I'm sooo in awe as a shipper of them

SINCE THEY JUST SANG TOGETHER AT FNC KINGDOM!!! WOAH SEEMS LIKE MY WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!!!

and I was so happy when I heard "their chemistry" on the stage.

and I've just found Yuna's interview and it shows many clues abt Jonghyun (or it's just my delulu? ok whatever XD)

 

see ya. *hope to see more of Jonghyun and Yuna moments XD