Chapter 1 - The Scary Guy

Bittersweet Symphony

Seoul International Institute of Music Performance.

Cafeteria.

“Ottokkeeeh…” Yuna exclaimed while leaning her head on the table hopelessly. While Mina and Hyejeong just giggled by seeing her act.

“Who told you to take the keyboard modern class this semester? Now you must find someone from guitar department to accompany your performance for the mid-exam…” said Hyejeong and chuckled. “And majority of the students in guitar department are male…”

“Isnt it good for you, Yuna?” Mina asked, teasing actually. “Most of male students here want to collaborate with you…”

“Yeah but the problem is Yuna couldn’t get too close with the male…” added Hyejeong and giggled together with Mina. “Except the male who already become friends with her…”

“And too bad, she didnt have any male-friends…” Mina continued and kept giggling. "So, she has to find a girl from guitar instrument department to accompany her..."

“And to make it sounds worst, all of the minority female students in guitar department already agreed to collaborate with the other people. And now Yuna didn’t have a choice except to ask a male…” Hyejeong said while smirking.

“Aish… you two stop it. I feel more frustrated by hearing you two…” said Yuna desperately. “Can you two play the guitar for me? Mina, you’re from bass department. You must be know how to play guitar, right??”

“Too bad, dear. I’m a bass player, not a guitar player…” said Mina and giggled again. “Beside, you are so strange, you know. You’re very beautiful, many guys want to get close with you… but you always ignored and avoiding them. Why Yuna?”

“Aish… I really didn’t want to get close with the people called “male”…” said Yuna.

“I still couldnt understand you. Male didnt deserve to be afraid of. Especially, when they're handsome…” Hyejeong grimaced. “Then what will you do right now?”

Yuna raised her head and back to sit properly. “Molla… I think I’ll give up for that class…”

“Aish maldo andwae. You can’t do it…” Mina shook her head. “Let’s forget about your male phobia first and we’ll help you to find someone from guitar department…”

“OMO! The prince is here!!!” Hyejeong suddenly exclaimed out of blue.

“Yya… what are you talking about?”

“My prince is here!!! With his handsome friend! Omo… there’s even another one... that he brought someone from Forks High School!! Forks High School!!!”

“Forks High School???” Mina and Yuna rolled her eyes. “Hyejeongie, move on from the Twilight novel,please!”

“Anii! Anii! You two! Look! Look!!” Hyejeong said with full of fascinated. She signaled Yuna and Mina to look at the cafeteria entrance.

Yuna turned her head lazily—since it’s not the first time Hyejeong was overacted—but as soon as she found the object that made Hyejeong went crazy, she felt that right now she was having the same thought with Hyejeong. There are three guys were entering the cafeteria that makes all of people eyes were on them. But Yuna's eyes are only focusing to one guy. She almost couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw that guy. A guy that made all people’s eyes were on him. A tall guy who has a pale white skin. A very pale white skin, contrast with his dark black hair. A guy who has those black and profound eyes, made Yuna think that he can kill people only by his profound icy gaze. And those all make him looks so arrogant and cold—along with his natural red lips.  WHO AND WHAT IS HE???? A VAMPIRE???? A VAMPIRE DOES EXIST HERE???? MALDO ANDWAE!!! But… But… he really looks like a vampire!!! Isnt it true??? That Vampire even does exist here?????? Yuna kept looking at that guy  with disbelief expression. She noticed that guy was talking with two other guys—which was Hyejeong called them ‘prince’ before. Maybe his friends?? But those other two didn’t look like vampire. They have normal white skin… and their eyes aren’t so cold like that vampire guy… I can tell that those two guys are human. Omo!! Don’t tell me… Are these poor two guys will become that vampire guy’s ‘lunch’???? OH!!! SO SCARY!!! Yuna’s face turned pale when she thought about that. Look! His eyes were soooo black! It means that he was in hungry situation! Omo!!! Omo!!! Ottokkeh? Ottokkaji??? Please don’t tell me that sooner, I’ll see those two guy’s death in front of my eyes!!!!! “Hyejeong-ah! Mina-ya! Tell me that I’m being delusional right now!” said Yuna. Please tell me that the vampire guy doesn’t exist… She turned to Mina and Hyejeong to get the answer but it makes Yuna feel more panicky. Mina and Hyejeong looks like didn’t listen to her anymore. They were looking at those three guys with adoring eyes. OMO!!! So this is true!! This is true!!!  Yuna thought panicky and turned again to see those two poor guy’s condition. Oh… I can’t see this! I can’t see this!! Yuna closed her eyes when the vampire guy leaned forward to one of those two guys.

 

 

 

“You scared me! I think you’re going to kiss me!” said Jonghoon when Jonghyun suddenly leaned forward to him. Actually it because Jonghyun was going to toss the paper into the trashcan on the corner behind Jonghoon’s seat.

“Don’t talk nonsense. Feels like I want to throw up because of your words…” Jonghyun grimaced. Really didn’t want to imagine Jonghoon’s words.

Jonghoon and Yonghwa laughed while seeing Jonghyun’s sick face. “You almost make me looks bad in front of a girl-who-will-soon-to-be-my-girlfriend…” Jonghoon mumbled.

“Where is she? You dragged us here just because you heard that she is here. Then where is she?” asked Yonghwa with full of excitement.

“Look at your 10 o’clock’s direction…” said Jonghoon. “The fourth table from us.”

Yonghwa looked at the direction that Jonghoon told him, while Jonghyun even didn’t glance for a second since he’s not interest. “Oh! There are three angels there, which one?” asked Yonghwa.

“Maja! She is an angel, and just like her friends. Look at the tallest girl there?”

“They are sitting! How can I know which one is the tallest, ppabo…”

Jonghoon grinned. “I mean, the angel with slightly brown-maroon colored hair…”

“Ah! I see!” Yonghwa clapped. “You’re a genius man! Go get her, ppalli!” he shakes Jonghoon’s hands while smiling widely. “Who’s her name and which department she is from?”

“Shin Hyejeong. Modern dancing department…”

“No wonder  she looks so good. And by the way, who’s the girl beside her? The one with black long hair…”

“Aah… it’s her bestfriend from bass department. Kwon Mina…” said Jonghoon.

“Bass department?? Woah I didn’t know such a beautiful angel does exist in bass department…” Yonghwa said with adoring eyes. “She’s perfectly my ideal type… Kwon Mina…” he mumbled happily. “I should get to know her…”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes when he heard Yonghwa and Jonghoon’s conversation. “Cmon, does angel even exist here??”

“Dangyeonhaji!” Yonghwa and Jonghoon said in unison. “You’re the one who couldn’t see them. Told you not to become an icy cold guy with the women but you never heard us…”

“Most of women are disgusting…” Jonghyun snorted and stood up. “I’m going to eat. How about you two?”

“Let’s eat together with them! Kkaja!” Jonghoon stood up happily.

“MWORAGOH??? Yya! Michyeosso??”

“I agree! I agree!” Yonghwa said in a hurry and stood on Jonghoon’s side. “Let’s have a lunch with her—I mean them!”

“Hooh… you’re a genius too man…” Jonghoon said happily and shaking hands again with Yonghwa. Made Jonghyun couldn’t do anything except agaping in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

“Yya! Seo Yuna, why you closed your eyes??”

Hyejeong’s question make Yuna finally dare to open her eyes. Oh! What happened? Those two guys are still alive… Ah! Right! He mustn’t be dare to kill them among this crowded situation… Yuna exhaled in relief and turned to Hyejeong. “Anii…”

“You see those three princes? You know, I was having a date with one of them yesterday…” said Hyejeong with blushed face.

“Jeongmal????? Which one???” Yuna and Mina asked in unison, surprised.

“The one who’s wearing the black shirt. His name is Jonghoon sunbae. He’s the 3rd year student in Guitar department…”

“Oh I see him! Wah… how lucky you are, Hyejeongie! He’s so handsome… and his smile… omo!!” Mina complimented the guy named Jonghoon. “How could this be?”

“You agree that he’s perfectly handsome, right??” Hyejeong asked with full of excitement. “It just a coincidence, actually. He just moved into the next door in my apartment since last week. That’s why we started to know each other…”

“Yya!!! You have a prince on your next door but you didn’t tell us!! How greedy!”

“Well... it’s because he’s truly my ideal type…” Hyejeong grinned. “Ah Mina! Yuna! Don’t look at him for too long!”

“Tsk… I’m not looking at your crush, honey. Although he’s very handsome but he’s not my ideal type…” said Mina. “But who’s the guy beside him, Hyejeong-ah?”

“Which one?”

“The handsome guy with very warm smile…”

“Aah… I don’t know his name yet. I only know that he is Jonghoon’s sunbae bestfriend from the same department. He’s very handsome too, right?”

Mina nodded in a hurry. “He looks so bright…” she said, look so fascinated.

“You know… they are sooo popular and famous among the girls—oh and even among the guys…”

“I think so. Just look around. You can see that all of people eyes are on them!” said Mina in agreement while looking at those three guys who were taking out the lunch. “Oh! They’re coming!!”

Yuna turned her head again and almost squealed in surprise when the vampire guy already stood behind her—with those two humans. She feels like frozen in her spot when that vampire guy looked directly into her eyes. Omma… help me… call an ambulance for me and please donate your blood…

“Hey, can we join?” Jonghoon was the first to greet them all warmly, although his eyes are locked only into Hyejeong.

“O—of course …” Hyejeong stuttered since she’s too happy. “Please take a seat, sunbae…”

Those three guys took a seat and it makes Yuna almost cry right away when the vampire guy sat beside her because there’s no other choice. The seat beside Hyejeong already taken by Jonghoon, and even the seat beside Mina already taken by Yonghwa. Oh… don’t tell me that today is my last day of life… God, please… I haven’t done  the good things that much…

“Should we introduce ourselves?” Jonghoon asked while smiling. “This one is Jung Yonghwa, he’s the same grade with me and also the same department. 3rd year. Guitar Department. And this one is… Lee Jonghyun--”

“Oh even a vampire has  Korean name…?” Yuna mumbled without thinking. “Ah anii… please continue sunbaenim…” she shook her head when she realized that the others were looking at her curiously.

“Ah ye…” Jonghoon nodded although he still looks a bit curious. “This one is Lee Jonghyun. He's attending the same grade and the same department with me too…” he pointed at Jonghyun. “And I’m Choi Jonghoon. Hyejeong’s new neighbor since last week…” he added while exchanging a smile with Hyejeong.

“Ah ye, sunbae. I’m Shin Hyejeong, 2nd year student of Modern Dancing Department. This is Kwon Mina, my same grade’s friend who is majoring in Bass Department. And this one is Seo Yuna, 2nd year student in Piano Department…” Hyejeong introduced herself and her friends. “Ah maja! I just remembered… Sunbae, do you have someone from your department who can help to collaborate with Yuna for her mid exam??” she asked Jonghoon suddenly.

“Mid exam? When? We all from guitar department…” Jonghoon asked back.

“Next two weeks, sunbae…” Hyejeong answered, ignoring Yuna’s warned eyes.

“Oh, too bad. Starting from next week I have to practice with Seungri for his mid-exam too…” Jonghoon mentioned his friend who was taking the modern vocal major with Yuna but already in 3rd year… How about Yonghwa? Jongie?”

“I just agree yesterday to accompany Jungshin in bass department for his mid exam too …” Yonghwa said with guilty feeling. “Mian…”

“Jongie-ga?” Jonghoon turned to Jonghyun. “You’ve got the top result last year in instrument collaboration class, right? And I know until now, you’re still not accepting any request to accompany someone… right?”

Jonghyun raised his head and staring coldly at Jonghoon. “Why you dragged me into this?” he asked.

Even his voice can make me frozen! Ah! I couldn’t manage to take a look at his fang when he was speaking… he must have it, right? Yuna thought, although she still didn’t dare to look at the guy beside her. Not only because she’s not used to seeing the guy so close, but also because she’s too scared of him. I think Isabella Swan is the only one human who is not afraid of vampires… Too bad, I’m not her and I dont want to be her. Thanks…

“Cmon… aren’t you free in next two weeks? Just go help her…” Yonghwa butted in. “Yuna-ssi, if you’re accompanying by Jongie, I bet you’ll get the top result…”

“There are so many students here… Just ask them, not me…” Jonghyun rejected once again.

“Maja!” Yuna agreed in a hurry. I’ll choose to practice with a guy rather than practice with a vampire… I bet he will my blood as soon as there’s no people around us…

“No. Jongie, you should accompanied her. You know why? If you’re still free right now, are you still want being surrounded with soo many people, especially the girls, who were asking you to collaborate with them e.ve.ry.day.?” Jonghoon brought up a point.

“Jonghoon was right. That’s why you should follow us, choose your partner faster before your life become so disgusting because of being surrounded by so many gi—people…” said Yonghwa. “Just accompany her playing…”

“Is there any guarantee that she’s different with all of those annoying girls?” Jonghyun asked, still with his cold voice.

“Ye, sunbae.” Hyejeong and Mina answered in a hurry. “Yuna is not like the other girls. Actually uri Yuna even didn’t like being too close with male…”

Yuna glared at Hyejeong and Mina. Why they should tell him about that??? Urgh…

“Ah cincca??” Jonghoon and Yonghwa asked in surprised. “But you’re so beautiful then… what a waste…”

“Nee, sunbae. That’s why all of guys lost their hopes when they tried to know Yuna…” Hyejeong giggled.

“Then it’s perfect for Jonghyun too. Since Jonghyun was having woman-allergic so you two can collaborate without disturbing each other…”

“Yya, what’s with woman-allergic?” Jonghyun glared at Yonghwa.

“It’s because you really hate people called woman… That’s why we called it woman-allergic…” said Yonghwa and grinned. “See? You will collaborate with someone-who’s-not-your-fan! Isn’t it the thing that you always want? Right? So, just help her…” Yonghwa tried to convince him.

“Right, Jongie. Beside, there’s an advantage for Yuna, too. Yuna can feel more ease to collaborate with you. She mustn’t feel burdened because you’re an ignorant guy... not a guy who want to get close with her…” Jonghoon brought a good point again.

Yuna wanted to say something but she feels that Hyejeong and Mina are stepping on her foot. Signaling her not to argue.

“Do you agree, Jongie?”

Although Jonghyun look so annoyed but seems like he didn’t have better choice rather than Jonghoon and Yonghwa told him. He glanced at the girl beside him. Why it should be her? She is a kind of girl that I really hate… too beautiful, too sulky, too urgh—disgusting! Ah! I still couldn’t understand why Jonghoon and Yonghwa can fell in love with girls… They all are too troublesome… “Fine.” He finally managed to agree. “But with one condition.”

Yuna almost cry when she heard Jonghyun agreed. I shoul prepare to write a testament… My life is going to end soon… And what is he saying? There’s one condition? What is that?

“If I found that you’re disturbing me, I wont practice with you anymore…” he said coldly at Yuna.

Yuna's jaw dropped as she heard Jonghyun’s words. MWOH?? What is he saying?? Yya!! Is he crazy??? Isnt he the one who will disturb me???? Then can I have one condition too? Please don’t my blood!

“What are you looking at? Agree or not?” asked Jonghyun when Yuna still didn’t respond him.

I should think how can I make him feel disturbing… so he can leave me faster…The faster the better... Before I die because of lost my bloods... “Ye, sunbaenim…”

 

 

 


annyeong :)

Hi welcome guys ^^

I feel touched when I saw there are already 13 subscribers and 3 votes before I updated the first chapter ^^ Maybe some people might think that it's not a big amount but I think it is! Because honestly, I never expected that there are other people who like this couple except me. But I'm so happy when I found that there're still people who had the same thought and interest with me ^^ love u all.

So, this is the 1st chapter guys. Can you tell me your opinion abt this? :) if u dont mind

and thank you very very very much for the subscribers, readers, comments, votes, supports, all all all supports that you gave. thank u so much ^^

see ya next chapt