Chapter 4 - Step by Step

Bittersweet Symphony

Few Mins Later.

Yuna and Seolhyun just went out from the apartment complex and since none of them have personal transportation, so they were walking together on the trotoar, while having a light conversation.

“So, unnie, where are you going then?” Seolhyun began to ask.

“I guess I’ll go to supermarket first. My foodstuffs is running out…” Yuna answered. “How about you?”

“Can I just come with you, unnie? I want to buy some foodstuffs too…” Seolhyun asked with pleading eyes, makes Yuna couldn’t reject her request and nodded while smiling.

After both of them were shopping and having fun together in the supermarket, they decided to take some coffees in a café shop near the supermarket. Honestly, Yuna found that talking with Seolhyun makes her feels like talking with her younger sister. She can share many things with her although this is just their first meeting. And just like Seolhyun. In Seolhyun’s eyes, Yuna has a lovely-unnie’s presence which makes her really like Yuna right when she saw her in her brother’s home.

“Unnie, by any chance, are you living alone?” Seolhyun started to ask as they already got their drinks and sat on the cozy corner of that café. “Seeing that you only bought the foodstuffs for one person only… It makes me wondering…”

“Yes, I’m living alone…” Yuna nodded while smiling. “My family lives in Japan…”

“Japan? Oh, Oppa and I were born in Japan too! We’ve spent seven years  before we moved to Korea…”

“Oh jinjja? So you moved here along with your family?”

Seolhyun’s face turned slightly gloomy, but then she became cheerful again in next second. “Ne unnie. But then… oppa decided to move out from our house when he was in 2nd year middle school…”

Oh… 2nd year middle school? It means his age that time is around… fourteen years old? Isn’t he too young to live alone??? Yuna thought curiously.

“Wae unnie? Are you feeling curious why oppa decided to live apart from us at such a young age?” Seolhyun seems like can read Yoona’s thought from her expression. She smiled when Yuna nodded lightly. “Well… Although oppa never told me his own reason, but I think it’s because he feels more comfortable of living alone rather than living together with me and Dad…”

Yuna tilted her head. “So, you’re living with your parents, Seolhyun-ah?”

“Ne, unnie…” Seolhyun nodded. “But it just feels like I am living alone too… since Dad is so busy with his job…” she pouted cutely. “Just like today. Although Dad is in Seoul right now but he has some meeting tonight so it means I will have a dinner alone… again…”

Yuna looked at Seolhyun with lovingly eyes. “Then do you want to have a dinner in my house, Seolhyun-ah? Since my friends, Hyejeong and Mina will come too, I think the more people, the better…”

Seolhyun’s eyes widened in happiness as she heard Yuna’s offer. “Jinjja, unnie, jinjja???? Wow unnie daebak!!!!” she clapped with full of excitement as Yuna nodded towards her question.

“Now, let’s finish our drinks so we can go home faster and started to cook…”

“Ne, unnie!!!” Seolhyun answered happily.

 

* * *

 

Later…

“Hey, are you sure that she’s that vampire sunbae’s dongsaeng????” Hyejeong whispered as three of them were cooking for the dinner in the kitchen—in Yuna’s unit. While Seohyun was arranging the plates on the dining table. “I knew her since few months ago and I never know that they are siblings!!!! I don’t have to say how’s different their personalities, right????” Hyejeong kept whispering in disbelief tone.

“Araa…” Yuna whispered too since they wont to be heard by Seolhyun. “But that’s the fact! At first I was curious about who she is when I saw her in Jonghyun sunbae’s house and—“

“WHAT?? JONGHYUN SUNBAE’S HOUSE????” Mina and Hyejeong exclaimed in unison. Totally forgot that they were in whispering-session before.

Yuna facepalm as her two friends yelled in surprised. Oh God! Then what’s the meaning of our whispering session before??? She saw Seolhyun approached them with curious expression on her face.

“What happen with oppa’s house, unnie?”

“Seolhyun-ah!” Hyejeong turned at Seolhyun in a hurry. “Seolhyun-ah, did you really meet with Yuna in Jonghyun sunbae’s house???”

“Nee…” Seolhyun nodded innocently. “Waeyo, unnie?” she asked as she saw Hyejeong and Mina gasped in surprise.

“What is she doing, Seolhyun-ah??” This time, Mina asked, couldn’t hide her curiosity.

“Well… Oppa said that they will practice together… and they really did… Right, unnie?” Seolhyun looked at Yuna, asked for agreement.

“Right.” Yuna nodded. “Listen, it’s because at first I and sunbae planned to practice in White Star Studio but suddenly he changed the place to his house…” she explained.

“Oppa and unnie went to White Star Studio?” Seolhyun was the first to ask before the others let any questions. “When?”

“This afternoon. Before we headed to his house…”

“But oppa and unnie didn’t enter the studio?” Seolhyun kept asking.

“Nee. Although I don’t know why he told me that we should change our practice place…”

“Ah… geure…” Seolhyun muttered and back to her cheerful expression again. “But why Hyejeong unnie and Mina unnie look so surprised when they know that Yuna unnie was in oppa’s house before?”

“Seolhyun, isn’t Jonghyun sunbae has well known as a cold guy towards any girls, right?” Mina asked.

“Nee, unnie.” Seolhyun nodded bluntly. “Oppa really dislikes people called girls and women…”

“Well, you can say that Yuna is a Jonghyun sunbae female’s version. She really dislikes people called boys, guys, men, or whatever you called them all…” Mina explained while grinning.

“Jinjja???” Seolhyun’s eyes widened as she heard the fact. “Eiy maldo andwae… but Yuna unnie is so beautiful just like Mina unnie and Hyejeong unnie… Isn’t it such a waste, unnie?? It means there must be sooo many guys which already broken hearted??”

For some kind of behavior… she and his brother are still have similarity… such as their bluntness… although of course Seolhyun’s bluntness is still in manner way… Yuna thought as she just stared hopelessly to the three people in front her.

“Of course there are so many already…” Hyejeong giggled. “For her whole life, she never ever guested at any guy’s house… that’s why we’re so surprised as we heard that she went to Jonghyun sunbae’s house today…”

“Ah! And it makes me realized too that today is the first time I finally saw Oppa has invited a girl to his house! OMO!!!!” Seolhyun finally joined the ‘loudest group’, made Yuna became more frustrated.  “But how did Yuna unnie and oppa finally meet each other? Honestly I almost couldn’t believe when I knew that oppa agreed to accompany Yuna unnie’s performance. I mean… he never agreed to accompany any girls, before…”

“Well… you can said that since they have many things in common, that’s why Jonghyun sunbae agreed to help. Yuna isn’t like other girls who are fangirling crazily over Jonghyun sunbae, while Jonghyun sunbae isn’t like other guy who are always trying to get Yuna’s attention...” Hyejeong explained.

“Waah… jinjja??? Then it will be soooooo great if unnie and oppa are dating each other!!!!” Seolhyun kept talking with high pitched and full of excitement. “I’m very sure that Dad would agree too if he had seen unnie…”

“Eiyy… museum seoriya…” Yuna grimaced. “That’s impossible, you know. Cmon, let’s continue cooking.” Yuna ended the topic. Seriously… becoming a duet perfomarnce is already hard for me… I even really didn’t want to imagine to get closer with him… urgh! It’s scary…

 


 

Next Day.

Yuna walked out from Piano Department’s building and was about to go to meet with Hyejeong and Mina, when something suddenly caught her attention. The two people that she wanted to meet already waiting for her in the parking area—and for additional, the other two guys already there too. Who else except their boyfriends-to-be : Jonghoon and Yonghwa. Yuna then approached them with curious face. Usually if they’re together like this, it means they already planned something…

“Done with your classes already, Yuna? Then let’s go.” Yonghwa said as soon as Yuna arrived in front of them.

“Huh? Odi, sunbae?” Yuna asked confusedly and looked at Hyejeong and Mina who just gave her meaningful smiles.

“A place for your today’s practice, of course.” Jonghoon answered while unlocking his car. “Kkaja!”

“Huh? Practice? With whom?” Yuna still couldn’t realize the situation But I don’t see him here…

“With your duet partner of course…” Yonghwa smirked. “He said he’s too lazy to walk out from his house today… so kkaja!” And without letting Yuna to ask anymore, Hyejeong dragged her to enter Jonghoon’s car while Mina already got into Yonghwa’s car. In a minute, those two cars already left the building.

 

 

 

Yuna entered the house along with Hyejeong and Mina after Yonghwa entered the passcode. She looked at her friends and found that they two were amazed with the fact that Jonghyun was living alone in the most expensive apartment in Korea. Well… I had that expression yesterday… and I still feel amazed right now…

“Have a seat, girls.” Jonghoon said as he and Yonghwa are heading leisurely in that house. “We’ll call Jongie fi—HUAAA!!!” Yonghwa yelled in surprise as he saw someone, who was wearing all black and with hoodie, walked out from a room. Not only Jonghoon—all of them were squealing in surprised when they saw that person (?). They even couldn’t see that person’s face. Yuna even swear that she can see a dark aura surrounds that person—no, not a person. I bet that’s a ghost!!!!

“Do you even need to yell that loud??” That gh—person raised his head and put down his hoodie. Well, actually if only the situation is not like that, all of them won’t be surprised of seeing Jonghyun there since it’s his house.

“Who told you to appear like a ghost!!!!” Yonghwa still looks so shocked and out of breathe. “Feels like my soul has gone when I saw you walked out from your room!!! What happen with you? Why you look so scary?? I mean you always scary but you’re ten thousand more scarier than usual!!!” Yonghwa even still managed to let out a funny words although he totally looked so pale.

“Shikkereuwo…” Jonghyun hissed and walked towards the couch and sat there. Ignoring the three girls who still couldn’t relieve from the shockness.

“I almost think that I couldn’t stand anymore. My knees were so weak when I saw you…” Jonghoon said with pale expression as he approached Jonghyun. “Are you okay? Why you dressed like a ghost??” he touched Jonghyun’s forehead with his palm. “Yya!! Are you a boiling man????” his voice turned shock once again as he felt Jonghyun’s body temperature.

“What happen???” Yonghwa rushed in a hurry and checked Jonghyun’s temperature too. “Yya!! Are you lighting a fire inside your body????” he yelled panicky as soon as his palm touched Jonghyun’s forehead. “Are you two planning to keep yelling at me?” Jonghyun hissed with annoyed face. “Where is she?”

“She? She nugu?” Jonghoon asked bluntly.

“That piano girl! Who’s her name again… Yuna!”

“Right behind you.”

Jonghyun turned his head and finally noticed the three girls behind him, but his eyes are just looked straightly at Yuna as he stood up. “Do you already overcome your yesterday-mistakes?”

“N—nee, sunbae…” Yuna nodded in a hurry.

“Then—“ Jonghyun wanted to say something but a sound from the door made him turning his head and let out a bored sigh. In few seconds, Seolhyun showed up in the parlor with big grin on her face.

“Annyeong oppa, Jonghoon oppa, Yonghwa oppa, Yuna unnie, Hyejeong unnie, Mina unnie!” she greeted everyone cheerfully as usual. Ignoring the deadly gaze from Jonghyun. “I already expected that unnies and oppas must be here when I saw a rare view at the front door. There are too many shoes, especially there are some woman shoes…”

“Did I tell you not to come and disturb my house every day????” Jonghyun asked with cold voice towards his sister.

Seolhyun grinned. “Mian oppa. But ottokkaji? I really miss you every day. And it so happened that all of my favorite oppa and unnie are here…” she exclaimed happily. “Oh, Shin-ah! What takes you so long there?”

“Shin-ah? Nu—Yya! You??” Yonghwa couldn’t finish his question when another person joined them with a big grin on his face too.

“Annyeonghaseyo, hyung, Jonghyun hyung, Jonghoon hyung… OH! And there are three beautiful noona… Annyeonghaseyo, noona. Lee Jungshin imnida.” A tall guy with cheerful expression on his face—just like Seolhyun—greeted them all.

“Another loud person is here…” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, ignored the greeting from that guy.

“What bring you two together here?” Yonghwa asked curiously.

“Well, I should accompany my girlfriend, hyung…” Jungshin asked while exchanging a grin with Seolhyun happily.

“MWO???” Jonghoon was the first to react by yelling loudly, while Yonghwa and Jonghyun made a sick and disbelief expression on their faces.

“Yes, starting today, we’re officially dating!” Seolhyun said happily. “That’s why we came here. I want to introduce my boyfriend to oppa…”

“And since I knew Yonghwa hyung is here too, I want to introduce my girlfriend too to my hyung…” Jungshin added while grinning.

“How come you two kids became a couple???? Oh God… I think I’m going to buy many earplugs soon! I’m so sure that you will be the loudest couple that I’ve ever seen!” Yonghwa still look disbelief and shook his head continuously.

“Yya, oppa! We’re not loud!  We’re just soooo cheerful!” Seolhyun responses Yonghwa’s words while pouting. “Right, Shin-ah?”

“Absolutely! Aigoo... why all of you hyung look so unhappy towards us! Aren’t we your maknae? So please treat us better from before…”

“Maknae my !” Yonghwa and Jonghoon hissed while rolling their eyes, Ignoring them.

“Hey you little girl, can you find a better guy at least to be your boyfriend? Why you should choose this black guy?” Jonghyun finally let out a voice and snorted with sick expression.

“Jongie hyung! I’m not that black. It’s you, who has a very white pale skin… just like a ghost…”

“And at least, find a handsome one!” Jonghyun ignored Jungshin’s words.

“Yya, hyung! Can’t you see how handsome I--?”

“I can’t!” Jonghyun didn’t let that guy to finish his words and just cutted it heartlessly. “Let’s just start the practice!”

“Oh, oppa and Yuna unnie are going to practice again? Good timing!” Seolhyun blabbered again. “Shin-ah, you should see their performance. It’s daebak!”

“Yeah, and I’m going to seal your two mouths if you couldn’t be quiet during my practice!” Jonghyun said heartlessly to Seolhyun and Jungshin.

“Of course we will keep quiet!” Seolhyun and Jungshin said in unison and follow the six people who already went upstairs.

 

 

 

“Your performance with Jonghyun sounds so good…” Jonghoon commented as five of them were playing games after Yuna and Jonghyun done with the practice. There are only five of them because after took a medicine for his fever, Jonghyun already fell asleep in his room—and the new couple, Seolhyun and Jungshin already left an hour ago since they wanted to have a date in their favorite cafe. The rest then decided to stay for dinner there. “I’m very sure that unnie will become a famous and great pianist someday…”

“But I still need to learn a lot, sunbae…” Yuna grimaced as she remembered that when she practiced with Jonghyun, there are still some parts that Jonghyun didn’t satisfy with her playing. “Jonghyun sunbae almost lost his patiences whenever I made a mistake during the practice…”

“Well… I think you should bear with the way of Jonghyun criticized you. If it’s something that related to music, he can be so perfectionist…” Yonghwa giggled. “Ah by the way, I just remember that there’s no foodstuffs in Jonghyun’s fridge and since we’re planning to have a dinner together here, I think we need to go to supermarket right now.”

“Then let’s go, oppa.” Mina stood up, followed by the others. But then, when they are about to leave the house for a while, Jonghoon suddenly stopped, seems like he just remembered something.

“I think not all of us can go to the supermarket… At least one people should stay here… Jongie is sick right now… how if he need someone’s help to do or to take something?”

“Ah… right! Who want to stay then?” Yonghwa turned at the three girls. Mina and Hyejeong suddenly put a it’s-impossible-for-me expression. “How about Yuna?” he then turned at Yuna and gave her a nice smile.

“Nde???” Yuna responds in disbelief. Oh God… no please not me… “But…”

“Yuna, among three of us, you’re the only one who close with Jonghyun sunbae. I’m afraid if I’m the one who stay here, he will kick me out as soon as he saw me…” Hyejeong let out her reason, with Mina nodded after her.

And he might do the same thing for me too… “How if he kicked me out too?” Yuna made a hopeless expression.

“Well, it’s impossible since he’s the one who called you to come here. You know what he said before? Tell that girl to have a practice in my house today. Ah, and all of you should accompany her too since she won’t enter my house alone...” Jonghoon repeated Jonghyun’s words. “Nah, reasonable enough, right Yuna? So it’s a deal? Okay, thank you, annyeong. Just hope that he won’t wake up so you won’t interact with him…” Jonghoon giggled and left the house in a hurry, along with the others. Mina and Hyejeong gave a hwaiting gesture to Yuna before they go after their boyfriends-soon-to-be.

Now I feel like crying right now… Yuna thought hopelessly when the others already left her. She back to sit on the couch. God… please let him sleep forev—no I mean at least until the others come back… She glanced nervously at Jonghyun’s room which was closed. Even just by looking at his room, it makes me shivering… She was busily thinking about how scary Jonghyun is when suddenly the sound of doorbell  makes her startled. She hurriedly went to the miniscreen to check the guest but then she gasped in surprised. “Maldo andwae…” her jaw dropped as she recognized who’s that guest through the security camera. “How can this—“ she rushed off to the door and opened it in a hurry. And once again, she gasped when she saw the person who was waiting in front of the door.

“Oh?!” That person looks even more surprised when he saw Yuna. “Sorry for disturbing you, miss. Are you the new owner of this unit?”

“N—ndeh? Ah—anii…” Yuna still couldn’t get a hold of herself because of surprised. “I—I am an acquaintance of this unit’s owner…”

“Oh? Acquaintance?” That person looks even more surprised. “Jonghyun’s friend?”

“N—nee…” Yuna nodded. Oh? He knew Jonghyun sunbae???

“Then can I enter, miss?” that person smiled warmly at Yuna.

“Oh. Sure. Sure.” Yuna opened the door wider as she bowed. “Choeseonghamnida. I forgot to let you enter, Sir…”

That person called ‘Sir’ just smiled warmly once again and entered the house. Yuna noticed that seems like he’s already familier with Jonghyun’s house. She then followed that person to sit on the couch.

“Where is Jonghyun, then?”

“Ah… uhm… he’s sleeping right now, Sir. He’s not feeling well that’s why he slept after he took a medicine…” Yuna explained. Omo… is this real???? Maldo andwae… This is like a dream comes true… I finally can see him in real person… God, please don’t tell me that this is just a dream!

“Ah geure…” That person nodded. “Ah, by the way, who’s your name, miss?”

“N—nde?” Yuna looks more surprised. “Uhm… my name…” she hardly to speak clearly because of her excitement feeling.

“Aah… My mistake, forgive me miss. I should be the one who introduced myself.” That person laughed lightly. “I am—“ he couldn’t finish his words as a voice suddenly cutted it.

“What are you doing here??”

 

 

 

 


annyeong.

okay I know I'm soooooo late to update this. the reason is I'm just started working since three weeks ago. and a week ago, I had four days of military service (that's one of rules in my working place T.T). And I only have one holiday in a week. Not two days. Only one day. only sunday. T__T

 

that's why I truly forgive if I couldnt update all of my stories right in time.

I hope you guys will still read this story.

thank you very much for all of my lovely subscribers, readers, comments, upvoters, and all of you who supported this story. thank you soo much.

please dont feel hesitate to tell me if you have some critics, suggets, or some feedbacks. I'll accept it all gladly.

well. thank you so much guys.

see ya next chapter.