Failing Plan A

Two Collided Worlds

No matter how guilty Sehun had felt the day before for ignoring Baekhyun, he knew he had to steer away from the older. For if he were to accidentally taint the son of God, he was sure to be killed without further hesitation; not my the angles, not by God, but by the public. If they already hate him now, how would they think of him after he, and he would never do it on purpose, tainted Baekhyun? 

Somehow, Baekhyun had made himself Sehun's number one priority. 'Must stay away from Baekhyun. Must stay away.' Sehun dialed in Jongin's number, he was close to pulling his hair out when finally, finally, Jongin picks up on the 3rd ring. "What do you want, it's 6:00 in the morning, you ," Jongin's lazy voice hisses across the phoneline. "Listen, I need you to make sure Baekhyun stays away from me," is the first thing Sehun says. "Why? Just be nice to the kid, he's making such an effort," Jongin groans and Sehun knows that the other is fully awake by now. "What if my father gets to him, it'll be the end of my life," Sehun argues and fixes his shirt while looking in the mirror. "Fine, whatever, but you can't yell at me when he comes chasing after you," Jongin says and before Sehun can protest, he cuts the line. 

Sehun sighs, placing his phone in the right back pocket of his denim jeans, combing his hair with his fingers. Hey. Even a Devil's gotta look good. 

"Why must my life be so difficult," he whines and slams his fist against the mirror; luckily, the mirror doesn't break, not that he would care if it did anyways. Sehun swings his arm lifelessely against his side, sighing before staightening up. His digital clock flashes, '6:17,' and he figures that it's time to go down for breakfast. As he makes his way into the dining area, nearly 14 maids/servents rush to his side. Sehun ignores all of their constant nagging, grabs a piece of bread, sits down on one of the chairs and munches, his facial expression is one that lacks of amusement. 

"Young Prince, do you need anything?" 3 of the workers ask at one. "I command all of you to leave me alone until I summon you," Sehun replies, the annoyance is evident in his voice. They all dismiss at once and Sehun admires the silence in which he occupies his time with. 

When the clock strikes 6:45, Sehun stands up, picks up his schoolbag and heads up the Staircase of Hell, out of the underworld. The first pair of eyes that land on him, surprisngly, is Luhan's. Sehun walks straight past him, giving the older a curt nod when Luhan greets him. Luhan, however, follows him and Sehun sighs. 'It's always one or the other.' 

"I'm sorry if I'm being a burden, it's just that Baekhyun's sick and I have nobody to walk with and I'm so bored," Luhan whines, flailing his arms around a bit. Sehun thinks it's cute. "It's alright," Sehun says, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know how Baekhyun got sick, Jongin told me that he's going to take care of Baekhyun so that I don't have to. He's a nice guy, really, I would've gotten an 'Absent' marked in if he didn't offer to help my bestfriend, he said he doesn't mind since he usually skips classes anyways," Luhan lets out a melodious laugh and Sehun nods. Sehun still enjoys Baekhyun's laugh more. 

"How did he get sick?" Sehun asks, however he's not really interested. "I don't know, he seemed fine yesterday. Mrs.Byun told me he just woke up with a fever today, his temperature seems really high," Luhan pouts and they reach the bus stop at that point. Luckily it's deserted and Sehun doesn't have to deal with dirty glances way in the morning. "A fever you say?" Sehun raises an eyebrow, slowly (although he doesn't want to admit it) gains interest in the topic. "Yeah, she says it came out of nowhere," Luhan sighs and Sehun feels like his palms are getting sweaty. 'Why am I even asking about this kid?' Yet he finds himself questioning Luhan further, "Out of nowhere, you say?" Sehun asks. "Yep, he just randomly awoke with a fever," Luhan nods and takes a seat on the bench. '. . . .' Sehun is well aware how that fever had started. 

"Uh, Lu Hyung?" Sehun calls out and Luhan turns to face him with widened eyes. "Sehun you're scaring me," Luhan says and looks at Sehun with what everyone calls a, 'poker face.' (Sehun knows he's famous for those.) "Why?" Sehun asks, his eyebrows furrowed. "You're using formalities. And at me of all people," Luhan says and his expression doesn't change. Sehun decides to answer truthfully, "Well, I guess other than Jongin, you're my favorite person." He can see Luhan blush and nearly, NEARLY, laughs when Luhan crosses his arms, closes his eyes and looks the other way. "Well that's nice," Luhan replies with a small voice. "Anyways," Luhan waves his hand dismissively, "What did you call me for?" Sehun tries to come up with an excuse to leave, "I-I'm not feeling well either. I think I should skip school today." He clutches his stomach and fakes a groan. Luhan eyes him suspiciously for a while, "Well then I'll call Jongin and he can take care of both you and Baekkie. Just head over to Baekhyun's house, I'm sure his family wouldn't mind." Luhan takes out his phone and Sehun panics, "Uh, no, no, hyung. I'll just head on home." Luhan shuts him up, "Hush. Those maids couldn't take care of you, a devil of all people, getting a fever even if their life depended on it." Luhan calls Jongin and Sehun knows, very well, that he is so screwed.

In the next moment, Sehun is standing at the doorstep of what Luhan had said was the Byun Household. He knocks, sighing, because now he's really in trouble. His plan in avoiding Baekhyun has failed and the door is opened by Baekhyun's brother, who seems to be leaving for school, "Oh, you." He spares Sehun one glance and shoves past Sehun who makes a dash to step into the house before the door closes. Baekhyun's mother pops her head in the doorway from the kitchen, "It's Oh Sehun!" She seems rather pleased having Sehun at her place. Sehun bows and introuduces himself, Baekhyun's mother leads him towards Baekhyun's room. "Here you go, Sehuna," she swings the door open and Sehun faces the sight of Jongin sitting on top of Baekhyun, glaring at him. Sehun blinks, makes them aware of his presence and ignores the grin that Baekhyun's face earns. 

"I thought you wanted to ignore Baekhyun," Jongin says. Sehun closes his eyes because he knows he can never trust Jongin with secrets. "Ignore me?" Baekhyun's smile fades a bit but is still there, "Why?" Sehun waves his hand dismissively, as he saw Luhan do earlier, and glances at Baekhyun, "It's nothing." He quickly averts his gaze off of Baekhyun and looks out the window. "Oh, well if you're sick you should lie down, here," Baekhyun shifts over a bit on his bed and pats the space beside him. Sehun sighs and Jongin gives him an, "Just-ing-do-it," look so Sehun takes off his bag, places it beside the wall, slips in beside Baekhyun and faces the ceiling. He doesn't show it, but it surprises him when Baekhyun clings onto his arm and smiles at him. 'Don't look, don't look, Sehun, don't look.' But he does look, and a big mistake that is. Baekhyun's smiling, his head resting on Sehun's shoulder, his eyes closed and he looks like the angel he is. 

"I ship it," Jongin announces and the pair looks at him as if he has 16 heads. "What? I do," Jongin says and shrugs, sitting on the floor while watching them intensely. 

Sehun sighs, he feels himself heat up. He begins to think that the fever is spreading and he really is getting sick, however devils don't get fevers often so it confuses him as to why he was randomly getting one from a mere angel. Sehun hits his chest quickly, it's beating rapidly and he doesn't know why. Jongin watches him in amusement, "I know exactly what you're feeling, Oh Sehun. Yet you don't because you haven't experienced it. Well, until now that is." Sehun jut glares at him, still unsure of what Jongin had been talking about.

Baekhyun simply moves closer to him, his head now on Sehun's chest and Sehun doesn't know what to do so he uses his free hand and Baekhyun's hair soothingly. He can feel the heat crawl up his neck quicker and he knows he's getting even more warmer. "Sehunnie, you feel warm, you really do have a fever," Baekhyun says and Jongin can't help but laugh, "You both are such clueless idiots." "Says the one who gets an average of B minuses," Sehun retorts. "I'm doing better!" Jongin defends himself.

"Anyways, since you have a fever, Sehunnie," Jongin mocks the two a bit before continuing, "Take your shirt off. It helps." Sehun furrows his eyebrows, "But Baekhyun has his shirt on." "Yeah, well, Baekhyun is feminine," Jongin says Baekhyun sits up. "I am not!" But the protest is weak.

"Come on Sehun," Jongin says and helps the younger up, Sehun sighs and pulls his shirt off. "You sick bastard," he mumbles and lies back down onto Baekhyun's (comfy) bed. Baekhyun's cheeks, and neck, turn redder and Sehun thinks the smaller is getting sicker so he places a hand on Baekhyun's shirt and yanks Baekhyun down. Baekhyun's eyes widen as he falls and his face lands on Sehun's chest. Baekhyun finds out that he's as fit as he looks; not that he was staring earlier. 

Jongin blinks at the two of them, a silly grin plastered on his face as he hums the tune of, 'What is love,' which is what he should explain to the two of them. They were both, "clueless idiots," because they haven't felt love like this before. And it's pretty damn obvious, he thinks.

Sehun, despite knowing he should be avoiding Baekhyun, feels the corner of his lips twitch upwards as he securely drapes his arms around Baekhyun's waist and Baekhyun can't help but smile burying his face deeper into Sehun's chest.

Sehun's Plan A, has failed.


I'm such a bad author. I'm sorry. ;A;