The Newcomer

Two Collided Worlds

(A/N: Please read the 'Forward' to know what is happening.)

 

"Oh, um, sure," a polite bow he'd given, "I'm Byun Baekhyun, the son of God, I enjoy singing and I hope we can all be friends." Sehun averted his gaze from Baekhyun and stared out in the window, the last bit of Baekhyun's sentence was meant for him, he can feel it. 'Friends,' Sehun thinks to himself, 'As if he'd want to be friends with someone like me.'  

"Well, now we need to find you a seat, there should be one beside Mr.Oh- Mr.Kim! Please, return to your original seat," Miss Rudvic yells and Jongin mumbles an apology before sitting next to Park Chanyeol, who he begins chatting with immediately. Miss Rudivc simply sighs and extends her arm towards the direction for Baekhyun. "Mr.Oh, please raise your hand," Miss Rudivc says and Sehun obliges, still facing the window. There are a few hushed whispers and a hand shoots up in the air from infront of Sehun. "Yes, Mr. Lu?" Miss Rudvic acknowledges the boy's presence. "Miss Rudvic, I'm close to Baekhyun so would it be okay if I switch seatmates with Sehun?" He asks and Miss Rudvic hums in thought, "I'd want to but I'm afraid Mr.Wu will begin to fail classes again." The boy pouts and glances back at Baekhyun. "Too bad Luhan," Baekhyun says as he slips into his seat and Sehun throws a glance at him.

Baekhyun is grinning at him, with a small sparkle in his eyes, "Hi! I'm Baekhyun, nice to meet you." He extends a hand towards Sehun who blinks at him, his expression still blank. Ignoring Baekhyun's hand, he replies, "I know who you are, you introduced yourself less than 5 minutes ago." Students nearby begin chatting away and Baekhyun's hand falls to his side as he uncomfortably faces the front again, whispering a soft apology (which Sehun also ignores.)

When classes end, Sehun gathers his things and stands up. Baekhyun, however, is determined to become friends with him and grabs onto his hand. Sehun flinches, turning his body to face the other. "What do you want?" He asks, his words drip with annoyance. "I just wanted to ask you if we could be friends," Baekhyun smiles at him and Sehun jerks his hand out of Baekhyun's grip. "You'd be better off avoiding me like everyone else," and with that, he makes his exit. 

Luhan sighs, he's been observing the two for a while and he chooses now to speak up and warn Baekhyun about Sehun. "Look, personally, I don't dislike Sehun. So what if his dad is Satan?" Luhan pauses momentarily before continuing, "I'm warning you that Sehun is very had to approach and not to mention the fact that everyone in the school despises him besides Jongin, his bestfriend." Baekhyun blinks, tilting his head, "He seems like a nice person to me." Luhan groans, "Well we'll never know because there is a one in a hundred chance that he'll communicate with you." Baekhyun pouts as this and is about to reply when Luhan calls out for someone, "Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun whips his head around and Kyungsoo (or so Baekhyun thinks) walks over with a boy's arm draped around his shoulder. "Jongin," Luhan gives a small nod and turns towards Baekhyun. 

"This is Kyungsoo, he's one of the brightest in the whole school, not to mention he's a super great cook," Luhan says, stressing the word 'super.' Luhan points at Jongin, "This is Jongin, Kyungsoo's boyfriend and Sehun's bestfriend." The emphasis is now on 'Sehun' and Jongin furrows his eyebrows. "Is there something you want to tell be about why you were bolding Sehun's name?" Jongin asks with a visible frown and Luhan shakes his head. "No, Jongin, you know I wouldn't do that. Now be quiet and let me finish my introductions." Luhan blinks when he turns to Baekhyun, "Oh wait. I'm done." Kyungsoo smiles at Baekhyun, who smiles back, and apologizes on behalf of his boyfriend who Baekhyun learns to be protective over Sehun due to their friendship.

"It's alright, I think it's nice he's protective of his friend," Baekhyun says and Jongin sends him a grin. "Honestly, Sehun is a good guy. He just doesn't know how to socialize with people because everyone dislikes him anyways due to who his father is, which I'm pretty sure you know. He's a good dancer, sings well, and good at rapping too. Although he's very quiet with other people he's just met, who never last long enough anyway, if you were in my shoes you'd see his true colors." Jongin says and Baekhyun can't help but feel a bit envious. "I've seen it a couple of times, if lucky, when over at Jongin's place," Kyungsoo admits and Luhan nods along with them, "I've seen it once in the 7 years I've been in the same class as him." Luhan sighs and Kyungsoo chuckles, patting his back in reassurance.

"We'll be late for-" Luhan checks his schedule, "Lunch." He continues and blinks at the piece of paper before leading them on. "Well let us go," Luhan says as he begins skipping out the door with the rest of them walking behind him. "You guys are all slow pokes," Luhan crosses his arms, pouting and there's 'Aw's and 'Cutie's everywhere. Baekhyun, with a smile on his face, whispers greetings to everyone who greets him. He inwardly laughs when he gets squeals from girls and winks from guys in response. "Oh, Mr.Popular," Kyungsoo teases and Baekhyun laughs aoud this time. "Not really," Baekhyun denies and Jongin lets out a scoff playfully, "Quit lying to us and yourself." Luhan raises an eyebrow at Baekhyun, showing his agreement with Jongin. 

"So Jongin," Baekhyun turns to Jongin, who he's aware is younger. Jongin looks at him at Baekhyun slightly clears his throat, "Will Sehun join us in eating?" They enter the cafeteria and Jongin shakes his head, "Nope. He usually eats alone at the library. Why do you ask?" Jongin hums as he awaits a response before abruptly stopping as his jaw drops, "You like Sehun, don't you?" Baekhyun blushes immensely, "No! I've only just met the guy! I want to be friends with him, that's all. I'm straight as a line." "A wavy line," Luhan mumbles, taking a sip of water. Baekhyun sends him a glare and Jongin beams. "The library is room 204 if you're wondering," He says and Baekhyun sighs. "You won't leave me alone until I go up there right?" He asks and Jongin nods. "First day in school and I'm already being harassed," he jokes and stands up. "Please, you know you want to," Jongin says as he plays with the water in Luhan's bottle with a few movements of his wrist. Baekhyun simply gives him 'the hand' and walks out of there. After a few minutes he's lost again, he's gone up to the second floor but he has no idea where room 204 is even located. He begins to walk around, looking at the numbers plastered on the doors when he runs into someone.

"You alright there?" The male asks him as he holds onto Baekhyun's arms to stop Baekhyun from toppling over. He smiles warmly at Baekhyun, his dimple showing off and Baekhyun nods. "I'm Yixing, nice to meet you, you must be the famous Byun Baekhyun," he laughs and Baekhyun's heart flutters. "Huh? O-Oh yeah, that would be me," Baekhyun laughs as well and rubs the back of his own neck in embarrassment. Yixing sends him another smile before he ruffles Baekhyun's hair, "Well I need to go but I hope I can talk to you sometimes Baekhyun." Baekhyun nods, unable to form words as the other leaves. "What was I doing again?" He asks himself and remembers the library. "Gosh, why didn't I ask the boy," he huffs as he continues his search. 

'Room 209, 208, 207, 206, 205, 204! Jackpot.' Baekhyun lets out a small cheer in glee as he walks in and looks around. It seems abandoned so he furrows his eyebrows. 'Maybe Sehun's not here today. Just my luck.' Baekhyun decides to search for a book to pass the rest of the period by since his main reason for coming here, isn't here. He goes straight towards the fiction section and he reaches for a book when he notices someone on the the otherside of the shelf, looking down, seeming to be absorbed in his book. Baekhyun lets out a small, 'Yes!'  He slowly, and cautiously, walks around the shelf and towards Sehun, acting as if he's searching for a book when he 'accidentally' crashes into Sehun's back. Sehun looks up from his book. "May I help you?" He hisses and Baekhyun cowards back a few feet, "S-Sorry I didn't mean to bump into you." Sehun rolls his eyes, "You're obviously lying. Now what do you want, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun pouts a bit and his heart flutters for a second time today. 'Wow Baekhyun. Getting Butterflies from guys, how gay is that?' 

"I was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch together," Baekhyun offers in the most polite way as he can. "No," Sehun replies and continues his reading. Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at Sehun's rudeness. "Next time then?" Baekhyun asks and Sehun closes his book, placing it on the shelf before turning towards Baekhyun. "Why are you so persitent in being my friend?" Sehun asks and Baekhyun shrugs. "I just want to be your friend," Baekhyun says with a grin. "This could ruin your whole reputation. You, an angel, being friends with me, Satan's son," Sehun says and Baekhyun waves his hand dismissively. "I don't care if it does, I'm friends with whoever I want to be friends with. It doesn't matter to me if your father is Satan, the enemy of my father. Just because he's bad, doesn't mean you are," Baekhyun says, his hopes raising as he believes he's making progress with the boy. "How do you know I'm not bad? What if I am?" Sehun challenges and Baekhyun merely laughs, looking him straight in the eye, "I know you aren't." 

Sehun narrows his eyes at him, glaring hard for a few seconds before giving in and sighing, "Fine. Fine we're friends. Now that you've gotten your wish, will you leave me to my peacful reading?" Baekhyun shakes his head, "Now that we're friends, I want that lunch date I asked you for earlier. Sehun slightly  smirks and Baekhyun thinks, even though it's not fully a smile, it's the best he's seen Sehun so far. 'The guy is pretty good loooking.' 

"I don't recall you asking me for a date, I just remember you pestering me to have lunch with me," Sehun says as he takes his book off of the shelf. Baekhyun blushes deeply. 'Cute,' Sehun thinks as he watches the shorter in amusement. "U-Uhm, well then, we could always call it a hangout if you want," Baekhyun says as he looks to the floor. Baekhyun hears Sehun let out some sort of snicker, "I'm fine with either, it's still only us spending a lunch period together," Sehun says. "A-Actually I was wondering if we could go out over the weekend or something," Baekhyun speaks up and Sehun looks at him for a breif moment, averting his gaze the moment Baekhyun looks up at him. "Sure, I don't really care," Sehun says and he can see from the corner of his eyes, how Baekhyun's face lights up. "Great I'll see you around," Baekhyun says as he walks out of the library, humming in success. Sehun shakes his head as he watches him leave. 'He'll leave too, just like they all do.'

--------

First chapter is FINALLY done. 8900+ letters of story content. *Flails arms in air* My hands hurt from typinggggg~ GAH.

Well comment below what you think, hit suscribe, and if you want, upvote~ It'll make me happy. ;~;

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter~ Buh Bye for now~