Truth and Departure

Sleeping Beauty

Thank you all for your subscriptions and comments <333



2 months after…

Hyuna entered her room tired and drop in the bed unceremoniously with a load groan. Today was a day of celebration. Her family was ecstatic with the good news she had brought to them this evening. Since then, they’ve been celebrating that she successfully pass the exam for the scholarship in America.

‘’Congratulations’’ she heard the familiar male voice said near her. Hyuna turned to her side so that she was facing the owner of the voice and reply happily. ‘’Thank you’’ she smiled as Hyunseung brushed a strand of her hair behind her ears. ‘’I would have told you before but they were all over you today’’ he was about to move his hand away but Hyuna hold it so that it stay in place and looked at him intensely. ‘’Where were you today?’’

‘’I was walking around’’ Hyunseung put on a smile but for some reason she didn’t believe him. ‘’Are you sure you’re saying the truth?’’ she ask. ‘’Don’t you trust me?’’ Hyunseung said with a fake hurt but she didn’t budge in.  ‘’Is just that with what happened the other day…’’ Hyuna expression changed for one of worry.

‘’You’re so sly’’ Hyunseung said to Hyuna with a smirk making her confuse. ‘’What are you talking about?’’ her heartbeat increased at seeing him getting closer to her until their noses touch. ‘’Making that cute face all of a sudden…’’ Hyunseung moved his hand to caress her cheeks that had become slightly red. ‘’trying to seduce me…’’ he whispered and Hyuna widened her eyes.

‘’I-I d-didn’t--‘’ she was going to defend herself until Hyunseung closed his eyes and hummed. ‘’What did you say?’’ they were so close that if she just move a little she could kiss him. She look down at his mouth, those lips seemed so tempting. ‘Don’t fall for it Hyuna!’ she closed her eyes to focus.

‘’I know you Hyunseung. Don’t try to avoid my question with your charms’’ she said sternly though she regrets not kissing him. Hyunseung opened his eyes and looked at her seriously.

‘’It happened again?’’ she asked with tears forming in her eyes and he sighed heavily. ‘’It was just for a split moment and I didn’t want to ruin your day’’ Hyunseung then let go of her face and smile at her.

‘’It really is nothing Hyuna don’t make that face’’ Hyunseung kissed her forehead lovingly. ‘’Let’s not think about it please?’’ she nodded her head. ‘’So I was thinking…’’ Hyunseung hug her until she nuzzled her face on his neck and continue. ‘’I owe you a wish remember?’’ Hyuna immediately sit on the bed and looked at him. ‘’You’re right! I forgot!’’ she start to lean on him seductively. ‘’Then…’’ she used her index finger to trace a line on his collarbone. ‘’Can I have payback for lying to me?’’ Hyunseung hold her waist with both hands playing along. ‘’And that would be?’’ Hyuna was leaning forward but the moment her lips were going to touch his Hyunseung grimace and grabs his chest in pain.

‘’Hyunseung are you alright?’’ she tried to touch the place where he was grabbing but pass trough him. ‘’It was just a moment see?’’ he touch her hand reassuringly but she couldn’t stand it anymore and cried, he brought her in his embrace and her hair lightly to calm her.

She was worried. Hyunseung has been feeling sudden pain attacks at his heart, he had dismissed it but she had notice how they pain keep coming more recent. She felt so powerless… she couldn’t even touch him when he was in that state because she just passed through him.

‘’Don’t cry, I’m fine’’ Hyuna kept shedding tears. ‘’I’m afraid’’ she hug him tightly. ‘’What if you disappear? You can’t leave me’’ she cried harder than before. ‘’It’s not going to happen. I will always be with you’’

‘’I will never leave you’’ thought he said that he was also afraid.

.

.

.

Few weeks after…

‘’What if I can’t follow you?’’ Hyunseung suddenly said to her. ‘’What do you mean?’’ he glanced at her and point at the flight tickets she had. ‘’America. What if I can’t fly with you? And stay stuck here?’’

‘’I never thought of that…’’ Hyuna grab the piece of paper and stare at it intensely but not really focusing in it. ‘’Everything will be alright. I have that feeling’’

‘’Ugh!’’ Hyunseung doubled in the floor suffering. Hyuna then throws the paper she had in her hand and crouched next to him. ‘’Hyuna-‘’ Hyunseung was able to say before he let out a scream of pain and disappeared.

‘’Hyunseung?’’ she looked around her room but didn’t see him anywhere. ‘’Stop playing’’ she felt how tears start streaming down her face. ‘’It’s not funny’’ she hiccup and start crying. ‘Where was he?’

After various minutes that felt like hell Hyuna felt arms wrapping around her. ‘’I’m here’’ she heard Hyunseung voice making her relieved.

‘’It’s becoming worse’’ she said between sobs. ‘’I’m sorry…’’ Hyunseung voice break. ‘’I’m sorry I’m like this… I’m sorry I’m dead’’ Hyuna felt wet droplets on her neck and knew he was also crying.

.

.

.

A week before departure…

Why was she in this place? Thant was surely a good question. Hyuna thought at seeing patients and ghosts all over the corridors.

Yes, she was in the hospital, she was here to reclaim medicine for her uncle and his last test results. She felt lonely. Normally Hyunseung would follow her wherever she goes, but she had beg him to not come here since they were too much spirits here and they might notice she could see them.

Hyuna sighed bored, she glanced at a middle age couple that was in front of her. The woman kept crying inconsolable in her husband arms. She felt sad and pity for them, who knows what must have happened to them. She saw a doctor approaching them and from the distance she was she could hear all their conversation.

‘’Doctor how is he?’’ the woman said between sobs.

‘’I’m gonna be sincere’’ the doctor start. Why do they always put so much suspense in the news? She would never understand. ‘’He is physically perfect and had wake up a few times already but the moment he do his vitals drop in a dangerous way. We don’t understand this case.’’

‘’Then what are we suppose to do?’’ the man said calmly while he hug her wife.

‘’We will run some more tests and if we still have no response we will proceed to transfer the patient’’

Hyuna didn’t want to listen anymore, she felt bad eavesdropping their conversation but something didn’t let her ignore it, maybe it was due to the cries of the mother that got stronger. Or the familiarity she felt seeing them struggle with their loves ones.

‘’Yeobo don’t cry’’ Hyuna felt like she needed to go from there but stop abruptly at hearing the man following words. ‘’Hyunseung would be sad if he knows you’re crying’’ she widened her eyes at hearing that name.

‘Impossible…it couldn’t be’ Hyuna saw the doctor that had spoken to them leaving a room in the distance. She moved towards that direction and stop at seeing a plate with the name Jang Hyunseung in it. She felt really nervous being there, but she had to enter fast before the staff saw her. With courage she sneaks in the room and the sight that caught her eyes made tears fall out instantly.

Her mind had gone blank and she felt as if she couldn’t walk towards the person lying peacefully in the hospital bed. She walked slowly to him and admires his face.  It was Hyunseung, it really was him. He had some cables connect to his arms and a monitor showed his steady heartbeat. Hyuna reached out her hand and caress his face delicately while more tears fall out of her now red eyes.

‘’I’m so sorry…’’ Hyuna hug him. Now all made sense to her, why he was different than the others, why he kept suffering attacks. ‘’If I haven’t tie you to me’’ But she knew what to do. Maybe if he came here, he will be able to wake up. Hyuna leaned and kiss him tenderly in the lips. ‘’Wait for me, I love you’’

.

.

.

Last day in Korea

Hyuna enter her room slowly. She felt without energy to do anything, but the thought of finding Hyunseung was the only thing that kept her up. She didn’t notice when it started but she clean her face from the tears that had fallen. She was so used to them now that she never notice when she start crying. Hyuna stand from her bed and walked to the living room searching for the phone directory. She has to continue searching for him, she will never give up.

As she got there to grab it, the book was snatched from her by her aunt. ‘’Until when are you gonna be like this?’’ her aunt said sadly with preoccupation clearly on her eyes. ‘’Please hand it aunt, I—‘’

‘’I don’t know what happened but we’re not gonna tolerate more this behavior of yours’’ Hyuna saw a navy blue suitcase in her uncle hands. ‘’We arranged your belongings. The flight is this evening’’ Hyuna felt anger in her. ‘How could they?’

‘’Why did you do that?! I told you I’m not leaving!’’ she shouted in frustration. ‘’Why are you behaving like this? You neve—‘’

‘’Don’t talk as if you know anything from me. You’re not my father’’ Hyuna saw the heavy hand of his uncle lifting up and close her eyes, but instead of the pain she heard a loud groan. Hyuna opened her eyes and saw her uncle grabbing his chest painfully. She ran to his side desperately and hug him.

‘’I’m sorry’’ she start crying but he compose his self rapidly and pat her head. ‘’I’m sorry too. I don’t know what happened, but seeing you like this is saddening. Can’t you just forget? For we?’’ Hyuna didn’t want to. Forget? How could she even think about that?

‘’I understand. I’ll leave’’

She was being unfair, she knew it. From that day, she’s being like this. Waking up soon, searching in all hospitals, coming home late. And calling every number in the directory with the name Jang on it. She barely ate anything, her family was worried. And the moment she noticed she didn’t have sufficient time, she cancelled her flight. But she couldn’t afford to lose more precious people to her.

.

.

.

Flashback

She walked faster nearly running in the hospital corridors. Jang. Jang. Jang. She swear she had searched every room in this level but couldn’t find his name plate. ‘Aish Hyuna calm down…think’ then an idea pop in her mind. She could ask in reception, they had to know something there.

‘’Excuse me, can you give me information about the patient Jang Hyunseung?’’ The lady looked at her apologetically. ‘’I’m sorry but the information about patients are confidential’’ Hyuna felt defeated. ‘’Please can’t you just make an exception? It’s really important’’ the woman shaked her head. ‘What does she do now?’

‘’I am sorry to interrupt, are you an acquaintance of Jang Hyunseung?’’ Hyuna turned around to see the doctor of the other day. Maybe he could give her information. ‘’Yes, could you tell me the number of his room please?’’ The doctor frowned at her.

‘’He’s not here anymore, I’m sorry’’ Hyuna felt like the world had stop and voice her worries right away dreading for the answer. ‘’I-is he dead?’’ the man chuckled as if it was a joke. ‘’Oh no don’t worry he is fine’’ relief filled her, at least he was fine. Now the most important thing.

‘’Where is he?’’ Hyuna asked hopefully, this man seemed very kind and willing to tell her. ‘’He was transferred to another hospital. But that’s all I can tell you, patients information are confidential, sorry’’ Hyuna sighed, there where tons of hospitals in Seoul. How could she know if he was alright? She need to at least see him once. What if she never found him again?

‘’I have to leave now young lady. Have a nice day’’ Hyuna smiled halfheartedly. At least thanks to this person she would not waste much time here.

After that. Day after day, she had been searching fruitlessly without any progress. Each day that pass it was like dying for her. It was torture.

End of flashback

.

She enter the gates of the airplane with tears running down from her eyes. She didn’t think it would be possible to forget him ever. Even if it was for her family health, she wanted to have his memory engraved in her for eternity. Maybe they were not meant to be from the start but she didn’t care. Even if she had to say goodbye and even if she had to leave him and never see him again. She will always remember him.

Because she loves him.




Hi guys :D

Was this too long? Too cheesy? Was it bad?

I apologize if it was too long and tiring. I wanted to have this ready before but it was so hard to write this chapter. I’ve been too emotional these days and end up crying every time I wrote. To worsen things my little brother was sick and I took care of him ending in me getting the flu.  

Congrats to those who guess right! And more to LiszCaro you nailed it and so accurately it really did surprised me xD

From the beginning I made it so the name would be a spoiler, though it have two meanings, one is that Hyunseung is like a sleeping beauty because he is in coma, and the next meaning will be said in chapter 5 ^^.

Still I hope you had enjoyed this ^^

Next chapter will be the last one sadly T^T and it name is. Sleeping Beauty Please look forward to it. And hopefully it will be ready soon since I already wrote part of it.

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing. Also thanks for your comments I really love them.

Have a good day

Miranda (Mandy)