Unexpected Confession

Sleeping Beauty

Thanks a lot for your subscriptions ^^

Enjoy~~



Today was Monday. To be more precisely it was exactly 00:01 of a Monday morning, the moon shined brightly trough the window of her room lighting it up with a soft white color. She was clicking the mouse of her laptop carefully while she read a lot of articles regarding death, ghosts, and several supernatural beings.

‘’Don’t you think is too late to do that stuff?’’ Hyuna gasped and hold her beating heart after hearing the almost silent whisper. She turned to her right and could just stay stiff at noticing the almost non-existent distance between her best friend face and hers. Hyunseung. 

‘’I thought you were asleep’’ she murmured and glanced back at her computer not really reading the information in it, more like distracting herself from her flushed cheeks and beating heart. ‘’Why don’t you just give up?’’ Hyunseung said with an angry tone in his voice. Hyuna eyes then focused on the sites she had loaded.

 ‘All you have to know about the dead’ ‘Things about ghost you didn’t know’ ‘Are spirits real beings?’ ‘100 supernatural creatures’

‘’Hyuna, you’ve been searching about this for weeks and you haven’t found anything’’ Hyuna closed her laptop and face him. She knew she had been losing her time effortlessly about all this. But why couldn’t he understand? Maybe it was because he couldn’t see it for his self. This had haunted her from the moment she had known him. Why was he not colorless like other spirits? Why couldn’t he remember his death? And the question that made her the most intrigued… How did he pushed her and hug her the moment she was in danger? Nothing had sense with him she was so sure of it.

‘’You are different Hyunseung… no matter what you say…’’ she tried to trace his face with her fingers but it just passed through him. ‘’I know you’re different’’ Hyunseung sighed audible and said something that brought a pang of pain to her heart. ‘’I’m not different Hyuna. I’m dead and that will never change’’ Hyunseung flew away of her room and disappeared to who know where.

Hyuna lay in her bed with tears forming in her eyes, she whipped them hastily in case he appeared suddenly. It had been two months since Hyunseung arrival to this house. Undoubtedly they had become really closed to each other, and she had shared every important detail of her life with him. Everyone except for the fact she had fallen in love with him. Hyuna laughed unbelievable. She Kim Hyuna, age 17, had fallen for the beings she repulsed and hated the most, and she was so into him that just a smile could gave her mood a 180 degrees turn. Love was something scary, even the worst days could become her favorites by talking to him, seeing him, or just the fact of being near him. However it was also painful because she couldn’t be with him the way she wanted to be, a touch, a hug, or a kiss, were things that she could only dream with. Even if they shared the same feelings, something she doubts really, they will never be together as a normal couple. Hyuna closed her eyes tired, today she had school and had to rest properly. Maybe she could go to the central library later and in investigate more. ‘Yeah maybe-‘ was her last thought before she drop asleep. 

.

.

He was trying his best to listen today’s lesson, but his mind kept going elsewhere. This was the subject Hyuna understood the least so he usually pay attention to it and explain it to her at the solitude of her home. At first it was really boring being in classroom with her because of two reasons. First, she was so focus in her class that she didn’t even notice him and second if he spoke to her she ignore him or glare at him all the way home.

One day Hyuna had told him that she was studying hard to win a scholarship in America because she wanted to make her parents proud of her. He was so touched by this that he also worked hard and tried his best to understand everything in case she needed help. A sighed escaped his lips, only seven more minutes for it to finish and lunch to begin. He glanced at Hyuna’s notebook and something caught his eyes.

‘Hyunseung are you still mad at me?’ Hyunseung looked at her and smiled. ‘’I’m not mad why do you think so?’’ he said relaxed. ‘Because you’ve been silent since this morning’ He really didn’t know how to say no to that because it was true. From this morning he’s being so in his thoughts he haven’t even speak to her. ‘’Sorry, is just that—‘’ as he was about to apologize, the bell rang loudly shutting his speech as all the students started to leave the place with excitement. 

Hyuna start packing her belongings with ease, when she finished and saw the classroom completely dessert she spoke ‘’Hyunseung I’m sorry’’ she looked at him and continue. ‘’about this morning… I promise you I will search only on Tuesdays’’ Hyunseung laughed at this. ‘So she wasn’t going to give up but was worried enough to cut her investigations to a day per week’. As he was about to talk he was interrupt again.

‘’Hey Hyuna can we talk for a moment?’’ he took a look at the owner of the voice. He had seen the boy before, he was the guy that during class would frequently stare at Hyuna. Also they usually worked together for group works or projects. Hyuna glanced at him and looked back smiling at the boy.

‘’Sure’’.  The guy starts playing with his fingers. ‘’It’s a relief I found you alone because I wanted to say something important’’ Hyuna then looked at Hyunseung and motioned him with her eyes to leave them alone. He didn’t like the idea too much though, that boy… he didn’t feel comfortable letting Hyuna talk to him in private. So he sneak his was to the classroom and hide a place where Hyuna couldn’t see him.

‘’It may sound crazy but… I like you! Would you date me?’’ Hyunseung instantly turned his head to look at Hyuna but she was giving him her back. At that moment he wanted to see her expression the most. ‘What if she say yes?!’ The sole idea of it made his heart sting with pain. He gulped and saw Hyuna getting near her classmate. She grabs his hands… he couldn’t stand to see this. Not really thinking he flew away really pissed off and hurt.

He was jealous and he hated it. That guy had something that he always wished he had from the moment he knew Hyuna. He was alive, that guy could be with Hyuna like he will never be able to. That was the reason he ran last night, because he love her and because it pained him to know that the more she searched about him. The more he confirmed his death. It was so unfair… Why did he have to love her? Even if Hyuna said no, there will be a moment she will eventually fall in love and start a family… that would never be with him. It hurts him, but it pains him more to not be beside her. For him she was the only thing worthy in this life, all had sense if she was with him, nothing seemed boring and nothing seemed dead.

Hyunseung looked at his surroundings, he saw a clock that point 4: 26 pm. He let out a breath of frustration, he had wandered too much time immersed in his selfish thoughts… Hyuna must be worried about him.

.

.

Hyuna paced her roomed countless times glancing every 2 minutes at her watch. Where was Hyunseung? What if something happen to him? ‘No he’s a ghost don’t freak out’. Hyuna breathe out trying to tranquilize herself. Hyunseung had disappeared since lunch time and she didn’t know why. Was it because of her searching about him? If it was so she would stop… she would do whatever to be by his side. Even though she said that anger win over her at seeing him entering her window.

‘’Where were you?’’ she glared at him. ‘’ Why did you left? I thought… I was so worried’’ the anger was slowly replaced by worry making her words sound hurt. ‘’I thought you needed privacy with your boyfriend’’ the words that escape his mouth were something he had not planned but it came making Hyuna confuse. ‘’What are you talking about?’’ then she remember, Hyuna eyes widened ‘Did he saw?... But wait he said boyfriend he must have just guessed. If he had heard everything he would know that she confessed to that boy being in love with someone named Hyunseung’ she relaxed.

‘’I said no’’ he was surprised, why did she? He saw how she grab his hands… curiosity win over him, he had to know but before he could ask she blurt the answer out. ‘’I didn’t like him… I prefer annoying and persistent guys with big eyes and warm hearts’’ Hyuna said looking intensely at him to see if he catches the meaning of her words.  ‘’Thank God’’ Hyunseung hug her with a smile on his face. ‘Did that mean he understood her confessi—‘ Hyuna pushed him from her with force gaining a questioning look from him.

‘’Hyunseung you touched me’’ he didn’t seem to register her words. ‘’I did?’’ she nodded. ‘’Can you try again?’’ testing what Hyuna said he slowly reached for her hand and link fingers with her. Now that he was aware of it an electrifying feeling passed through all his body. Hyuna smiled and hug him tightly. ‘’Daebak! How did you do that?’’

‘’I don’t know… I just wanted to touch you really bad?’’ he didn’t want to move from here but Hyuna separate herself from him and look seriously at him.

‘’You saw the confession didn’t you? Was that why were you gone so suddenly?’’  She was praying that he was jealous, because if he did that meant he felt the same for her or at least a bit. ‘’That is... I was…’’ Hyunseung gained his courage and let his feelings out. ‘’I was afraid you would like him back, that’s why I ran… Because I was jealous of him’’ Hyuna felt her heart racing, did that mean—‘’…And why is that?’’

‘’Because he’s alive and he can love you’’ her eyes get watery impeding her to see right. ‘’Do you love me?’’ Hyunseung smiled weakly and his eyes seemed sad. ‘’I love you’’ she couldn’t contain them anymore and her tears fell down and he wiped them off. She was so happy.

‘’Hyunseung this friendship I want it to end’’ he lowered his hand and put on a pain expression. He never had to confess to her. ‘’Why? Can’t I at least be with you?’’ he said sadly, it didn’t really matter if she likes him back but at least he wanted to be by her side.

‘’Why are you so clueless?’’ she said confusing him, at noticing that Hyuna decide to recur do more drastic ways. ‘If he didn’t understand with words… maybe he will with actions’. She grab Hyunseung by his shoulders and tip toed to reach his level. She closed her eyes tightly and felt like her hear would come out of her ribcage, she was that nervous. Leaning closer she end the distance between them until their lips touch softly against each other. Hyunseung closed his eyes as she start moving her lips shyly and he respond to the kiss.

They took their time to taste each other and he opened his mouth just a little running his tongue through her lower lip asking for entrance. Hyuna accepted and soon they were exploring each other mouth with passion and love. The feeling was so intense for both of them as well as sweet. When the need of air was necessary they separate but stay close enough to feel each other breath.

‘’You know… this is the third time in the day I’m saying I love you’’ she looked directly at him to see if he understood her this time. Hyunseung was so happy. His smile was so contagious she smiles just as brightly.




Hi guys xD

I was really troubled with this last scene… I didn’t know how to deliver their feeling in a right way.  I wasn’t sure if I prefer it to be sweet or funny or add a kiss or not. And I finally put a kiss on it, hope you like that kkkk I was so embarrassed writing it >///< kyaaaa*.

It seems like a lot of you are curious about Hyunseung… I’m sorry I didn’t explain anything about him here, but I wanted to focus in their feelings since the story is so short.

Next chapter will be ‘Truth and Departure’  As the name suggest everything will be revealed there. Please look forward to it and share your thoughts. I’m really curious to know your theories about Hyunseung :D

 

Thank you all for your subscriptions, comments and up votes.

Love you ^^

Miranda.