Secret Revealed

Sleeping Beauty

Chapter 1 (Pilot)

Secret Revealed.



Today was such a wonderful day, the sun shined trough the leaves of the large tree and the sound of the birds chirping was the only thing that enveloped her. Hyuna closed her eyes fascinated with the peaceful calmness. Why couldn’t all days be like this? She wondered entranced with her surroundings.

‘’Oppa~ don’t be like that’’ she heard a middle woman voice whining and she sighed. ‘’Waeguraeyo Jagiya~ you know you like it’’ she then heard the overly sweet man voice and felt a vein popping in her forehead.  ‘’Ah~ stop it~’’ Hyuna closed her eyes tighter in annoyance she lifted herself from her spot and glared at the stupid flirting couple.

‘If you’re gonna do that just go to a damn hotel!’ she thought and start walking her way out of there but could still hear them.

‘’Oppa did she saw us?’’ the woman voice said with concern. ‘’It can’t be Jagiya, you now humans can’t see us… So where were we~?’’ the woman giggled but due to the distance it heard faint and afar. 

‘Scratch that about wonderful day, it’s just an annoying NORMAL one’ –Hyuna sighed in defeat. ‘’Of course humans can’t see you stupid ghosts but that’s no excuse to misbehave in a public place’’ Hyuna mumbled under her breath so that no one would heard her.

Yes. She Kim Hyuna could see spirits, she could see them since her childhood. If she was more specific she could see and heard them since a car accident she had where her parents died 10 years ago. Why God cursed her with this unwanted gift? She had asked this question so much times she couldn’t count anymore. Hyuna lifted her hand to grab the locket that hanged from her neck, a present gave to her by her parents on her seventh birthday, the last one they had together.

Hyuna felt her eyes becoming teary, why was it that she could see every single annoying and unwanted spirit but she couldn’t see her parents anymore? Why was life so unfair? What the hell was her ability for then?

‘Don’t cry pabo. Fighting!’ she cheered to herself as she reached the front door of her home. Hyuna opened the door and was soon after greeted by her aunt.

‘’Hyuna you’re home early. Did something happen you don’t look too good?’’ she took off her shoes and enter smiling. ‘’I’m fine, I just wanted to be home as soon as possible because I feel a little tired’’ She forced a smile ‘’Auntie I’m heading to my room, I still have a lot to study’’ she walk toward the steps and heard her auntie encouraging her about her studies.

As she got to her room she dropped in bed, this was definitely her favorite place, the quietness of her room. From the moment her parents died she start living with her uncle, at first it was hard for her, first losing her parents and then suddenly seeing things people normally didn’t saw or acknowledge.

Fortunately for her she learned to stay silent about that fact or else she would be in a mental institute for sure. Also it was easy to differentiate the living from the dead since they were translucent and had the custom of flying around. Hyuna pat her cheeks and sit up in bed, she needed to study or else she would lose the rest of the afternoon in vain.

 

Hyuna was resolving her last question when a knock interrupt her. She move toward the door opening it knowing it was her auntie.  ‘’Hyuna yah are you still busy dear?’’ Hyuna looked back at her nearly finished work.  ‘’No auntie I finished already, is there something you need?’’ her auntie sighed with relief holding her chest. ‘’Actually I have something very urgent to attend and I can’t go to visit your uncle today, can you go in my place?’’ Hyuna smiled and nodded. ‘’Gomawo, I’ll leave now’’ her aunt start to distance herself leaving a bored Hyuna behind.

‘Can’t this day just get worse?’  It was not like she didn’t want to see her uncle, to be honest she missed him a lot, he was like a father to her. But she hated hospitals, they were the biggest nest of ghosts she ever visited before and to think she had to go there was like the worst punishment.

.

.

She glanced at the room where his uncle was being treated, he had suffered a heart attack recently scaring her greatly but he was recovering nicely. If things continue progressing that way he will be out in a week or maybe less.

‘Noona have you seen my mother’ ‘Wow babe you’re hot’ ‘Please help me’ ‘Why can’t anyone see me?’ ‘Appa~ Omma~’

She heard a lot of spirits saying nearly in unison while they flew through the corridors. Hyuna touched her forehead, this place was giving her a headache, she needed to go away from here and breathe fresh air urgent so she decided to take a stroll in the hospital garden. ‘I can’t see him right now anyway and the results will take some time’ she thought walking out of there obviously stressed.

 

She got to the garden, it was a wide and beautiful place, a lot of trees and benches could be seen and fortunately for her just a few ghosts were around, most of them far from where she stood. More farther she saw a big tree that for her seemed the nicest so she walk over there, in that place she saw a guy giving his back to her, she studied him to make sure he was not another spirit but gladly notice that the color in his body was real.

‘He’s definitely alive’ she didn’t know why but she felt extremely attracted to him, wanting to know how he looked she got nearer and was impressed by his beauty, she had never seen a guy like that. ‘So handsome and pretty at the same time’ suddenly she felt very shy in his presence but gathering all the confidence she had she spoke.

‘’Hi, would you mind if I stay here?’’ he widened his eyes shocked and observe her. Hyuna could feel his eyes roaming over her body various times as if she was something impossible or extraordinary making her felt uncomfortable. The surprise guy passed his hands before her eyes making her blink.

‘’Can you really see me?’’ she looked at him confuse. ‘What does he mean? Of course I can--’ suddenly everything stop to a halt for her at seeing him floating beside her and she closed her eyes. ‘…’ she started to feigned ignorance and as if nothing had happened she start heading back to the hospital. 

‘’I know you can see me so stop your act’’ Hyuna start walking faster. ‘Why did I have to go so far away?’ she thought seeing the long distance the still had to be back. ‘’Hey! Don’t ignore me’’ ‘Ahhh why did I have to talk to him?’

‘’If you ignore me I’ll tell everyone you can see me’’ she stop abruptly afraid of what would happen. ‘That would mean living hell, I can’t let that happens’ Hyuna didn’t know what to do but everything changed at hearing the male spirit yell.

‘’Hey ghosts guess what!!’’ she saw all the sprits looking at him and turned to him afraid whispering just for him to hear.

‘’Arraseo, arraseo just don’t let anyone knows’’ he smiled brightly at her creating a warm fuzzy feeling in her stomach.

‘’What do you want?’’ she asked ignoring the strange feeling from while ago.

‘’Let’s be friends’’ the guy smiled again friendly. ‘What a stupid request, don’t you have plenty of dead people to befriend?’ was the first thing that passed in her mind but play along with him. ‘’Only that?’’ the spirit nodded and fly around a little more.

‘’Ok I’ll be your friend, but I have to go now because my family is waiting’’ she said as friendly as she could. ‘’But you’ll come back to visit me?’’ the sadness clearly heard in his tone. ‘’Yes’’ Hyuna put on her best fake smile while she smirk internally. ‘You wish blackmailing idiot’

‘’By the way my name is Hyunseung’’ he outstretched his hand but laughed not long after noticing his mistake. She by the other hand laughed internally at his silly act and cuteness.

‘’I’m Hyuna’’ she waved at him and run the rest of the way to his uncle.

 

As she got to the room where his uncle laid a doctor approached her giving her the test results and information of the good progress his uncle was having. After hearing the good new she entered the room.

‘’Hyuna you’re here’’ she smiled warmly. ‘’Sorry uncle I should have come more often’’   ‘’what are you talking about? This was like vacations for me’’ she laughed.

‘’Eeisshh~ and I worrying in vain’’ the man laughed and reply. ‘’Don’t worry niece I still have a lot of years to live but it’s very late you should go home’’ Hyuna hugged him and kiss his cheek. ‘’And don’t comeback you’re busy with exams anyway’’ she hugged him again and left the hospital sad to go so fast from her uncle side but also very glad to know she didn’t have to see that ghost again.

 

A week passed by and she was very happy, today his uncle would be back. It was very late, actually 11:43 pm but she kept waiting patiently for the door to be open and reveal them entering home. Now he only needed to rest properly and to not overwork like last time. She heard the door being open and greeted her uncle with all her might making both of them laugh.

‘’I missed you too Hyuna’’ she accompanied him until the living room and apologized. ‘’Sorry for not visiting you again’’ he pat her head easily. ‘’Aish don’t worry kid I know just how much your studies are important to you’’ she smiled and kiss him goodnight. ‘’Now go, it’s late and you have to rest for tomorrow class’’ she waved them goodnight and run to her room happily.

At entering there she changed in her pajamas and start tucking herself in bed always with a smile on her face. ‘’You lied to me Hyuna’’ the voice made her jump off her bed falling down hard on the rough flooring startled at seeing someone she had forget entirely.

‘’H-Hyunseung?’’



A/N: Hi guys ^^

I’m so thankful of you all, I didn’t even wrote the first chapter but received so much love from you xD . I hope I haven’t disappointed you with this first chapter and that you continue supporting this ^^

If you like this story please comment, subscribe and up vote.

Have nice days xD