Radiant Spring

Everyday Love

New chapter agaiin~ I've written it as fast as possible, so sorry if there a any mistakes in it >_<

And because the last chapter was quite short, this one is about twice as long, hope you enjoy it <3


Chapter 4

 

Yuri POV

 

“Thank god it's Friday!” Chaerin exclaimed full of joy, crossing her arms behind her head as we walked out of the university.

 

“Yeah and thank god that there are only five days we have to go here, even though that's already too much compared to 2 days of weekend.” I stated.

 

“Right.”, she pointed with her index finger at me,”We should get a day between Saturday and Sunday, but how should we call it then.. Suturday? Sanday?..” She crossed her arms behind her head again. I just chuckled at her trying to mix the two weekend day names.

 

“Anyway, what are you planning to do this weekend?” She asked.

 

“Mh.. I don't know. How about you?”

 

“Me neither. Maybe sleeping all day long.” She grinned.

 

“Haha I won't let you, sleepyhead.” Just then I felt an elbow hitting my rips and I crouched down in pain.

 

“Yah you..”

“Hey isn't that Yoona over there?” Chaerin interrupted me from scolding her.

 

I followed her finger to the place she was pointing at, my hand still squeezing the spot Chaerin just hit me. There was a girl standing at the street a little ahead of us, waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. She was wearing shorts with a casual sweater and a sky blue backpack with light brown straps. Her long brown hair was tied together loosely.

 

“Yah Yul!” An elbow was hitting me again, again on the same spot that got hit earlier.

 

“Ouch! Why did you hit me again? It hurts you know!” I complained and hit her shoulder.

 

“I was trying to talk to you, but you didn't seem to hear me!”

 

“You still don't need to hit me that hard!”

 

“Then stop examining Yoona like that!”

 

“I didn't examine her, I just..”,Chaerin then patted my shoulder,”What?” I asked annoyed.

 

She signaled me with her eyes to look in direction of the traffic lights, so I turned my head slowly and found Yoona staring at us with an inquiring expression. I gulped, unsure if she could have heard our conversation.

 

“Oh hey Yoona!” Chaerin called out and headed towards her. I followed her quietly.

 

“What were you two just arguing about?” She asked.

 

“Ehm nothing important.”

 

“Yeah just a silly thing.” I added.

 

“Okay.” Yoona laughed. Damn how adorable it looks.

 

“So Yoona, you have the same way to university like us?” Chaerin asks.

 

“Seems like it.” She chuckled.

 

“Where do you live?” I asked curious.

 

“We have an apartment over there.” She pointed at the high-riser that was just a street apart from where my house was.

 

“Cool, so you are almost neighbors with Yuri.” Chaerin smirked.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, my house is in the street before yours.” I stated.

 

“Cool. So were do you live Chaerin-shi?”

 

“Ah Yoona drop the 'shi' please, it's Chaerin. We're friends now, aren't we?”

 

“Okay, Chaerin.” She smiled.

 

“I live the opposite direction, right over there.” Chaerin pointed at the white villa across the street.

 

“Wow, that's your house? It's really big.” Yoonas' eyes winded.

 

“Ehm yeah..never mind.” Chaerin scratched her head.

 

Just then the traffic lights turned green and we walked over. Reaching the other side, Chaerin bid goodbye to Yoona and me and continued her way home. I on the other hand had no idea what to talk about with Yoona. I was somehow really nervous and there was an awkward silence between us.

I felt the urge to come up with a topic, because Yoona was a bit uncomfortable, too, I think.

 

“So Yoona, what do you plan to do on the weekend?” I popped up with the question and Yoona seemed a bit surprised by me suddenly saying something.

 

“Ehm.. I want to visit my cousins, they own a beautiful cafe in Gangnam. But I don't know what to do the rest of the weekend.”

 

“Oh cool.”

 

“What do you do?”

 

“Actually, I don't know. Maybe meeting up with Chaerin or something.”

 

“Mh.. you two can come with me, if you like..”

 

“Yeah of course, I'll ask Chaerin then.”

 

“Great.” She gave me warm smile.

 

We then continued to walk quietly again, looking to the ground, till we reached the street my house was. We stopped and I shyly looked up, staring into her dark brown eyes.

 

“So I have to go this way now.” I said.

 

“Alright. Will you give me your phone number so I can text you when I'm going to my cousins?”

 

“Sure.”, I took out my phone and she gave me hers. I typed in my number and saved hers in mine, then I gave it back to her,”Here you go.”

 

“Thanks. See you then.”

 

“Your welcome. Bye.” I waved at her and she smiled while showing me a peace sign causing me to blush. She just looks too beautiful.

 

I stayed in my spot watching her walking away, she turned around once more and waved, then she turned right walking in the next street. So I made my way home as well.

Entering my house, I greeted my mom, went upstairs in my room and texted Chaerin immediately telling her about Yoonas' weekend plans and her offer to join her. After a few minutes she called me.

 

So your walk with her was nice?” She teased me.

“Well we didn't talk much, there was an awkward silence between us most of the time.”

 

Waeyo? If you like her you have to take every opportunity.”

 

“I..I don't like her.”

 

Don't you believe it.. Anyway, you want to go with her?”

 

“I don't know, do you?” I fell onto my bed looking at the ceiling.

 

Well, it's good to get closer to each other. I think it will be fun, so yes I would like to go.”

 

“Ok I'll tell her then.”

 

You got her phone number?” She sounded surprised.

 

“Yes. Why do you seem so surprised?”

 

Well done.”

 

“She was the one asking for mine though.”

 

Aha interesting. Tell me when and where then, I'll go and grab some food.”

 

“Ok, enjoy your meal!” With that she hung up.

 

I kept lying on my bed for a while, till I heard my mom calling to tell me that dinner is ready. I took a last glance on my phone, stood up slipped into my slippers and went down. To my surprise my mom was alone. Asking her where dad was, she told me that there was a lot of traffic, so he will be late. I ate, questioning myself whether I should wait for Yoona to text me or should I text her myself?

 

 

Yoona POV

 

Entering our apartment it was dark in there, so my farther wasn't home yet. I changed to some comfortable clothes and went back into the kitchen, turning on some music and starting to cook dinner. My farther works a lot to be able to pay for my education on the university and tries hard to afford me a good life. I'm really thankful to him, even though that means I'm alone most of the time, because I just live together with my farther. I'm sorry that I can't give him much back, so I at least try that there is breakfast prepared before he goes to work and dinner when he comes back and spending Sundays with him, it's his only free day.

While cooking and singing along the music, I always had the accidental encounter with Yuri and Chaerin in my mind. Those two are really hilarious, arguing like that on the street and hitting each other, but in a kind of loving way. I would like to know what they were talking about, but I think I'm not in the position to know. I then remembered asking Yuri if they would like to come with me tomorrow, why did I do that? I mean if Chaerin doesn't come and it's just Yuri and me it would be awkward again, like walking with her home alone. I was deep in thought till someone was grabbing my shoulders.

 

“Sweetie? Something smells burned here.” I was startled by the voice appearing behind me.

 

“Oh hi dad, didn't hear you coming?”

 

“Seems like you didn't notice anything at all. Look how your omelet looks like.” I watched down into the frying pan and it was all burned.

 

“Oh ! I'm sorry .” I blurted out.

 

“It's okay. happens, to say it in your words.” He chuckled and took the pan out of my hands, throwing the black omelet into the bin.

 

“Sorry it slipped out of my mouth. I'll make a new one.”

 

“So how was your day? Did anything happen that you were in such deep thoughts?” He asked.

 

“No nothing happened, actually it was the best day in university so far.”

 

“Really? Jessica Jung didn't bother you?”

 

“Well she did, but I made new friends and they protected me.”

 

“That's good to hear. Will I be able to meet them one day?”

 

“Sure.”

 

I then served the rest of the food and sat down on the seat opposite from my farther at the small table in our kitchen. I was telling him what exactly happened today and how Yuri and Chaerin are like and also that I asked them to come with me to visit my cousins. As I confessed to him that I'm really nervous about it, because of the awkward silence between Yuri and me, he encouraged me with soothing words.

 

“Yoong, if someone is shy to someone else means that this person likes the other, not that she doesn't want to be with them. I think Yuri likes you, she just don't know what to talk about because you just met. Don't worry too much, from how you're talking about them you like them a lot, don't you?”

 

“Ehm yeah..”

 

“See, so take every opportunity to get close to them. I want you to make some good friends here, too, and they seem to be great girls compared to that arrogant, spoiled Jessica Jung.”

 

“Okay, thanks dad.” I smiled.

 

“So do you want to watch a film together?”

 

“Yes~”

 

After washing the dishes together, my farther and I sat down on the couch and watched TV. I noticed that my phone wasn't in my pocket, so I rushed into my room and went back. I first texted my cousin, when I should come, after she replied telling me to come around 3pm, I texted Yuri.

Lying into my farthers' arms, I put my phone onto my stomach, so I could feel it vibrating if I got an answer. My farther and I were watching a comedy film and I was enjoying it a lot. I'm so happy that I got such a good relationship and close bond with him, he is like a best friend and a farther at the same time for me. I can talk with him about everything and am grateful for that. After a while I felt my phone vibrating, I quickly got my phone and checked the message.

 

From: Yuri

Okay cool. Chaerin will come, too.

When do we meet then and how do

we get there?

 

To: Yuri

Great.

Mh how about meeting at 2.30pm

and take the bus?

 

From: Yuri

Okay, wait for me at the crossroad then.

Good Night, sleep well :)

See you tomorrow^^

 

I was smiling like a fool after reading this message. I didn't know that she could be so sweet.

My farther noticed my expression and looked over my shoulder, reading the message.

 

“Seems like a sweet girl.” He grinned and I blushed lightly.

 

To: Yuri

I will.

Good Night, you too(#^.^#)

See you tomorrow! :)

 

“Darling, I going to bed now. Don't stay up to long, okay?”

 

“I won't, Good Night!” He kissed my forehead and went to his room. I switched through the TV program and as there was nothing good to watch anymore, I turned it off and also went to wash up. Finished with washing I laid down in my bed, reading Yuris' text message once again and drove off to dreamland with a smile on my face.

 

 

Chaerin POV

 

As I woke up I wandered around our house, just to find out that I was alone again. My sister didn't woke me up once again before she went out. Where might she be on a Saturday morning??

I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge, there was nothing in there but some milk, juice and still some leftovers from dinner yesterday. I just took out the juice and drank a glass of it, then I went back upstairs and got ready. I decided to eat breakfast in a cafe nearby.

It was 11am now and I texted Yuri if she would like to come with me, but she said she already ate with her family. How I wish my family was like hers. I barely get to see my parents, because they're in Japan, but being there wouldn't change anything either, they're always busy and not at home.

Nevertheless I'm happy when they're back in Seoul again from the beginning of the next year, it's so lonely in this big house.

Reaching the cafe, I ordered the breakfast menu with sandwiches, eggs, fruits and a coffee like always. I'm so often here that the people working there already know what I would like to eat.

Just as my food came, my sister entered the cafe, she was looking round the room.

 

“Harin!” I called her.

 

“Oh there you are.”, she came over to my table,”I was right in looking for you here.”

 

“Where were you?”

 

“I was out to jog. I didn't wanted to wake you up, because it was still too early for your conditions.” She chuckled and ordered the same as I did at a waiter who was passing by.

 

 "Unnie you can start eating, you don't have to wait for me." She continued.

"Aniyo, it's alright."

 

"But it gets cold." Was she really worrying about my food getting cold?

 

"It won't and look there comes yours."

 

"Wow that was fast. Kamsahamnida." She thank the waiter and we started to eat.

 

"So what are you going to do today?" I asked her.

 

"Meeting with my friends at the mall." She said munching her sandwich.

 

"Cool, will Amber come, too?"

 

"Yeah I think Krystal will bring her along if she wants it or not." She laughed.

 

"Aish this Jung.." I rolled my eyes not really pleased with my sister getting along with a Jung. But it's my fault anyway, they got to know each other through me being friends with Jessica at that time.

 

We talked a lot while enjoying our breakfast, these guys owning this place and working are really awesome, it's so delicious. I wondered if the cafe Yoona takes us today is able to compete against this one. After we also took the last sip of our coffees, we payed the bill and went home together. We both went up to our rooms and changed clothes and put some make-up on.

 

"Harin?? When do you have to go??" I called out of my room, hoping she would hear me in hers. I then heard steps coming towards my room.

 

"Minji and Luna will pick me up at 3:45pm. When do you go?"

 

"I'll meet with Yuri and Yoona at 2:30pm." I said and she nodded.

 

She was about to go out again, but turned around once again, showing me a white top in her one hand and a light pink blouse. "What should I wear, unnie?"

 

"Mh I think the white one fits better with your dark jeans and to a shopping day with friends, Just wear a blazer on top."

 

"Thanks unnie." She smiled and left my room again. I was still unsure about what to wear, I just stood in front of my wardrobe, staring at the clothes inside. After a while I just took out ripped skinny jeans and an oversized t-shirt, in addition to that I wore high-top sneaker to it. You can't do anything wrong by wearing this and besides I'm just meeting with friends anyway, so nothing special. After I put my wallet and a jacket, for the case it gets colder later, into my bag, I went out of the house and headed towards the crossroad where Yuri and I usually meet and this time I was the first to arrive, about five minutes later Yuri and Yoona arrived.

 

"Chae? How come you're so early today? You're usually always late." Yuri asked with an unbelieving expression.

 

"Well it would be impolite to be late when Yoona is there." I smiled at Yoona and she smiled back.

 

"What? So I'm not important enough for you to be there on time when we meet?"

 

"Come on you're used to it.", I said and Yuri glared at me like she wants to kill me with her stare,"Come let's go Yoona." I put my arm around Yoonas' shoulder and we started to walk to the bus station. Yuri still stood in her spot watching us walking away.

 

"Yul! You don't want to come?" I called and she then finally joined us, but she gave me one last glare and knowing what she meant I removed my arm from Yoonas' shoulder.

 

It took us half an hour to get to the bus station in Gangnam near the cafe Yoona was taking us. After stepping out of the bus we had to walk about another ten minutes till we reached the cafe. The sign above the entrance said 'Cafe Radiant Spring' and it looked really modern inside. As we entered it, a woman with red-brownish hair wearing business clothing rushed towards us and hugged Yoona tightly.

 

"Oh my god Yoona! It feels like we haven't seen each other for a life time. My little Yoongie has grown up so much." That woman exclaimed and hugged Yoona a second time.

 

"Unnie~! I'm happy to see you again, too." Yoona laughed while being in a long tight hug.

 

"May you introduce your friends to me?" That woman asked as she finally let go from Yoona.

 

"Sure. This is Lee Chaerin and this is Kwon Yuri. We're attending the same university."

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Park Bom, Yoonas' cousin and the owner of this place." She smiled at us.

 

"Nice to meet you, too.", Yuri and I bowed to her,"so that's why the cafe is called 'Radiant Spring', right?" I asked.

 

"Exactly. But actually I'm not the only owner, my sister and I own it together, but we couldn't think of a name from both our names, so it's my name, it sounds more beautiful anyway." She chuckled.

 

"Unnie.", Yoona slapped her arm lightly,"so where is your other half?" She continued.

 

"She's in our office doing some paperwork. I'll tell her that you're here now."

 

Yoona nodded. Her cousin offered us a table on the window and we ordered coffee and cake from her, she said the bill is on the house. It's so nice of her that we don't have to pay for it. Will it be always like that when we come here? It would be my favorite cafe then. Park Bom-shi then left and came back after a while with a tablet where our order was on. She sat down beside Yoona and joined us for some cake and coffee. We talked a bit and I noticed that Yoonas' cousin really is a crazy woman. I wonder how old she is, she acts like a childish teenager sometimes. Is Yoona also that crazy in real life? I gave myself completely to the chocolate cake I was eating, it was so delicious that it was nearly hypnotizing.

"Bom-shi, who is responsible for this delicious cake?" I asked without turning away from my cake.

 

"Our chef Victoria. Do you like it?" She chuckled.

 

"Yes~ It's amazing." I continued munching my cake quietly while the others were talking. After a while I felt a person approaching us.

 

"Look who finally graces us with her presence." Bom stated.

 

"Unnie~!" Yoona exclaimed and hugged that person just as she did with Bom before, so I couldn't see the face of that person at first as I looked up, because Yoona was covering it.

 

"Yuri, Chaerin this my sister and second owner of the cafe, Sandara Park." I choked by hearing the name and my fork fell out of my hand. As Yoona then finally released her grip, I stared into the womans' eyes and so did she.

 

"Dara?"

 

„Chae?“


Please leave some comments^^

Special thanks to 'lifedeath' for giving me the idea to relate Yoona and Dara :)