New Girl

Everyday Love

Chapter 1:

 

It's first day of the second year in University. I was walking through the corridor, students chatting over there, other running around like little kids, the sport stars showing off their abs and flirting with some stupid girls, just a normal day at Uni again.

This year will be as boring as the first for sure,

I think I need vacation again.

I was standing at my locker putting some books in and get ready for the first class this day, then as I closed my locker door I saw my best friend standing there smiling at me.

 

Gosh can't you stop that already you're always scaring me with suddenly appearing there behind my locker door.” I complained.

 

Yul what's with the bad mood only on our first day.”

 

I'm just annoyed by having to go here again, it feels like we never had any vacation.”

 

I don't want to deal with you when you have such a negative attitude, so light up a bit. Come on it won't be that bad. I heard there is a new student in our class.”

 

Really?”

 

Yes so come on, I don't want to be late at our first day!” She grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards our classroom.

 

Chae, did something happen to you while we had vacation? Your behavior now is completely different from the Chaerin I know, that scares me. And besides you're always late..”

 

Im just in a good mood. That's not true. Just now and then.”

 

I then freed myself from her grip and we headed to our class. Arriving there I fell on my seat at the window where I'm always sitting and Chaerin sat on the seat behind me. Just then our teacher, Mr. Park, came in.

All students rushed to their seats.

 

Annyeonghaseyo! I'll welcome you in our second year in Uni together. I hope we'll get along as good as we got the last year, right Miss Lee?”

 

Of course.” Chaerin smirked.

 

Mr. Park is saying that because she likes to complain about things and discussed with him all the time. That's the only reason why her grades are dropping, actually she is a very clever person.

She is also the type that looks hard to approach from the outside but in the inside she is one of the nicest person I know.

Mr. Park was talking about our plans for the next semester and I, as usual, didn't really listened to him till he said one sentence.

...We also have a new student today. She just moved here and will now attending our class...”

 

Then the door opened revealing a girl, very skinny, brown long hair and deer eyes. Seems like a very innocent girl, but beautiful. She was holding her books in front of her chest and stood now next to Mr. Park, facing us.

 

Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Im Yoona. Nice to meet you all. I hope we get along well.” She smiled.

 

I'm sure you will get along with the students.”, Mr. Park smiled at her,” So just take the empty seat over there.” He pointed at the seat on the right side of the class room where all those y and annoying girls are sitting.

 

Yul!”, Chaerin kicked against my chair, I turned around,” What do you think about the new girl, huh? She is beautiful right?”

 

Yeah she is, but look, she directly is with the wrong girls.” I stated.

 

This Jung is annoying me again. Can't she just let her hands off from her? Dealing with this girl she will just become as y as her.”

 

You're right, but not our business.”

 

Miss Lee and Miss Kwon are you done with your conversation and we can continue the lesson now? I would be pleased about it.” Mr. Park interrupted us.

 

Of course just go on.” Chaerin responded and leaned back in her seat crossing her arms and smiled, looking like she would give attention about what he was talking. I just laughed at her and turned around again facing Mr. Park, too.

 

Great.” Mr. Park said annoyed.

 

After the class ended, Chaerin was the first to get out, like always. I put my stuff into my back and followed her. We went to our favorite place, the rooftop. The only place that wasn't crowded in this damn building and besides you got a great view over the whole campus.

 

So Yul how was your vacation? Anything special?” Chaerin asked.

 

No, I didn't do much. How about you?”

 

You know I went to Japan with my sister to visit my parents, right? And while I was there I met a girl, cheerful, beautiful and we got along very well and went out a lot. It turned out she is living in Seoul, too, so we flew back together.”

 

Nice. Seems like you had a great time then, you're smiling like a fool.” I laughed.

 

Yes. But I haven't seen her since we got back here..” She pouted.

 

That's sad. You've contacted her after that?”

 

Yes, but she said she is busy with work and stuff..”

 

Ah I see, that's why you are so different today. Just be patient. I'm sure she will have some time for you, soon.”, I smiled and she smiled back,” But I want to meet her sometime then, too.”

 

Of course.”

 

Haha I never imagined that you would be so head over heels about a girl.” I laughed.

 

Aiish shut up.” She slapped my arm.

 

Just then the bell rang and we had to go back to attend our next class. Arriving at the head corridor our ways parted because we got different classes this time, but we will always meet each other in the breaks and walk home together.

The other classes were just as boring as always and without Chaerin it's even worse.

 

Finally the first day ended and after putting the books I don't need at home back into my locker I went out of the building where Chaerin was already waiting for me.

Wanting to get going some girls crossed our way.

 

Oh hi Chaerin.” Jessica said with a sly smile.

 

Jung just go ahead I'm not in the mood to deal with you now.”

 

Pff.. girls let's go.” She said and went ahead. I noticed that there was one girl more than usual, it was the new girl, Im Yoona. She was carrying Jessica's bag. This Jung thinks she can do anything she wants.

 

Jung! Seems like you got someone new to turn into a servant for you, huh?? As soon as there is a new girl you have her in your dirty hands and be like her 'best friend' and talk bad about the other students just so there is a better light above you, poor girl. Im Yoona! It's better for you to deal with others not with them! Go away from her as long as you can!”

 

Yoona don't listen to her. That's not true. So come let's go.” Was the last words we heard from her as they walked away.

 

Aiish this girl. I could slap her as soon as I see her arrogant face.” Chaerin made her hands into a fist, angry.

 

Just let her be. Ones in Jung's hands always in her hands.”

 

That's not true. If you want you can leave, just as you did.”

 

But that was because I met you and you helped me and showed me how wrong she is. If you weren't there I would still be in her hands. But Im Yoona is new and has no one here.”, I explained and continued my way home, Chaerin followed me,“Maybe she will obey your words if not she is lost.” I continued.

 

What do you mean lost? You don't want to help her?”

 

Why should I? It' her own fault, you know I don't like to interfere someone else business.”

 

But it's not any random person, it's this Jung.”

 

I don't want to deal with her anymore.”

 

And how could she know that this Jung is like this if she is just new here? You selfish person.” She mumbled the last words.

 

What?”

 

Nothing. Just keep going.”

 

It was quiet after that, we just kept walking, but not for long. I knew my best friend well so I was sure she wouldn't be able to not talk for long. We chatted happily again and joked around till the point where we had to go into different directions.

 

So the you tomorrow, Kwon.”

 

Yeah tomorrow will be a long and tough day.”

 

Bye and have a good night.” She waved at me.

 

Bye and you, too.” I waved back and walked home.

 

As I opened the door to our house I was warmly greeted by my mom and my dog.

While my dog kept running and jumping up and down, I got out of my shoes and jacket and went up to my room. After putting my bag away and changing into some comfortable clothes I went back down, because it was nearly time for dinner.

 

Sweetheart how was your first day?” My mum asked.

 

Just as boring as always, mum.”

 

Why don't kids like to go to school these days? We liked to go to school, right honey?” She asked my dad who was sitting at the dining table already, reading the newspaper.

 

That was because it was the only way to see each other at that time.” He responded without shifting his gaze away from the newspaper.

 

Right, I forgot.”, she smiled foolishly.

 

Finished with eating dinner, I went to my room and fell onto my bed. Because I had no homework to do I my laptop playing games.

After some time someone knocked my door, it was my mom. She was just sticking her head through a little gap between door and wall. She always does this to make sure if she disturbs me from something.

 

Sweetie I made tea. Do you want some?”

 

Yes.”, She came in with a tray and placed it on my night table,” Thanks.”

 

We're going to bed now. Don't play too long, ok? You have a hard day tomorrow.”

 

I know. I just drink the tea and go to bed then, too.”

 

Ok good night.”

 

Good night, mum.”

 

After drinking the tea my mum made for me and washing myself, I turned off the laptop and the light and lay down in my bed again.

I closed my eyes, but suddenly the words Chaerin said popped up in my head again -'You selfish person.'-

Am I really selfish if I don't want to help that new girl Im Yoona to get out of Jessica's hands?

I know how it's like to get scolded and commanded by that and I don't wish that anyone else, but do I really need to help her?

If it's not Chaerin and me, who would do it then?

Nobody else dares to say something against her because her dad has a great impact on our University. Her mother is well known, too.

 

What should I do??

______________________________________________________________________________________________

How was the first Chapter? You like it? Let me know by some comments^^

I don't know when I'll be able to upload the next Chapter, but I try it as fast as I can :)