Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover

My Beautiful Black Pearl

She stared off dreamily into the distance “The one? You won’t find him if you turn down every guy who shows interest in you…” HeiRyung had a point, and she hated when she had a point. “Come on, let’s go back to-” Chaelin was cut off when people began to scream and run, HeiRyung and herself ran back home, unaware of the danger they were in.

When they got into the mansion HeiRyung ran to the guard “What’s going on?!”

“Pirates!”

 


 

Before they could react they were pushed inside the building to safety, the moment they got inside Chaelin began to panic “Xavier! He’s still!” “Noona!” she turned around and embraced the crying boy “Thank goodness you’re alright! Everything’s going to be alright, just… stay inside  your room and do not step foot outside!” He nodded and obediently ran upstairs with a HeiRyung to hide “Lady Chaelin, you need to get to safety too.” One of the guards said she shook her head. “No. This is my land and I will not let some pirates harm anyone. I must protect everyone, it’s my duty.”

She grabbed a sword from the display and walked outside with other guards, they were met by the site of citizens running away from twelve men, everything was broken and set on fire, people were screaming from fear. “Oh? What’s this? This little lady thinks she can take down the great EXO?” Her eyes widen at the mention of their name ‘EXO!?’ the man before her was tall, his hair was black and his dark circles did nothing more than add onto how intimidating he already was.

She gulped slightly and tried not to show any sign of fear on her face, she raised her sword and slashed at him, he was caught off guard and just barely dodged, he pulled out his own sword and smirked “Well, well, well, looks like you have more spunk than I thought.” She narrowed her eyebrows and the two of them began to engage into a fierce battle, their swords clanged together, and there were many close calls, however the two were evenly matched and no hits were landed.

“Tao,” A fierce voice said the two of them stopped and saw another man, taller than the one Chaelin was fighting, he looked very manly and cold and his hair was blonde. “Why are you scrapping with a girl?” At this point the only ones outside were Chaelin, the twelve pirates and the two guards that survived. Tao stepped away from her but Chaelin still kept her guard up “Well, looks like you’re not as weak as you seem…” Tao mumbled while walking to his mates.

The two guards stepped in front of Chaelin to protect her “My Lady, we’ll protect you, please go back inside…” “No one’s going anywhere.” Another boy stepped forward, his lips curled at the end making them look like he was always smiling slightly. The guards readied their weapons.

"That ring... Tell me girl, are you the ancestor of the great Kim Sunjong?" She bit her lip and looked at the people in front of her; she had two choices; tell the truth and possibly be taken by them. Lie and risk them killing her and everyone else. "Well? Are you or are you not?" He raised his eyebrow and she cleared "I... I..." “Stay away from my Noona!” She heard Xavier yell, everyone’s attention was drawn to him as he ran to the pirates and began to weakly pound on Tao’s thighs with his fisted. Tao picked him up by his collar “Put him down!” Chaelin yelled, pushing past the guards and to her brother, she was grabbed by two other pirates and held back “Tell us the truth or we’ll kill him.” He said, pointing a gun at Xavier’s head.

She bit her lip and looked to her brother “Yes! I’m his ancestor! Now please… Let him go!” Tao put down Xavier and he ran to HeiRyung “Chaelin… What are…?” HeiRyung said, picking up the terrified boy “Ah, so it’s true. You ARE Kim Chaelin?” She nodded “You’ll be coming with us…” “Leave her alone please! Chaelin!” HeiRyung shouted “I’ll go with you…. If you promise to never hurt anyone here again.” The pirates all nodded “Of course, My Lady.” They all said “If this is the only way to protect you guys, then so be it.”

She began to walk to the ship with the men, ignoring HeiRyung and Xavier screaming her name. She saw the boat and suddenly became very weak; it was at that moment she realised just how powerful these men are. “The Black Pearl…” she whispered a hand was placed on her shoulder, she looked up to see a man smiling at the boat “That’s right; it’s our pride and joy. My name’s Suho by the way.”

She was brought onto the ship, where she saw something she was not prepared to see.

The place was beautiful; it was fancy and looked exactly like a mansion. She gazed in awe at everything and heard someone chuckle. She turned around and saw Suho behind her “Nice, right? Come on, I’ll show you where you’ll be staying.” She followed him into a room, it was smaller than hers but still very big and spacious, there was a large bed, a desk with a mirror, a closet and many other things, it looked exactly like a house and not like a boat.

“We’re right next door, so if you ever need anything in the night, just knock and one of us will help you out, alright?” Just before he left, she grabbed his sleeve “Why are you so nice?” He smiled “Just because we’re pirates doesn’t mean we’re horrible people… We don’t kill, you know, of course unless we're in danger. We only act rough and intimidating, when really we’re pretty nice. Well… except for Kris… he can be mean at first.” “Who’s he?” “The tall boy with blonde hair who stopped Tao from fighting you.”

‘So these guys aren’t all scary like people said they were? They are nice?’ She shook her head from the thought. ‘No… he’s probably lying to me…’ She walked to the closet and opened it, it was full of beautiful dresses and hats and shoes “Why do you… Have all these?” She pulled out one of the dresses “They’re for you, My Lady. You see, we’ve known about you for a while, we knew it was just a matter of time before we had you, so we wanted to make sure you were as comfortable as possible.” With that he left.

She shook her head again and placed the dress back in the closet, she decided to go on deck and see who EXO really are, she had a feeling she’d be here a long time.