Kim Chaelin

My Beautiful Black Pearl

 

“Weigh anchor! Hoist the colours! Set a course for Busan!”  

“Busan? Why Busan?”

“Didn’t Chen tell you? It’s the perfect place to get more loot!”

“Don’t you think we have enough loot?!”

“One can never have enough loot!”

 

The ship began to move as the 12 members looked into the distant horizon, they were on the hunt for something, but stopping by at certain places for loot was always welcomed.

 

“Land ahoy!”

 

Busan was large and beautiful place, beaming with life and happiness from the citizens, and from one person in particular, Kim Chaelin. She was a very beautiful girl and just so happened to be a royal. Her hair was long and black and styled with think full bangs, her lips were small and a rosy pink colour, her eyes were large and black with a hint of sky blue around her pupil and her skin was very soft and pale. She was perfect, it was no wonder she was so loved.

“Noona!” A small boy approached her and she picked him up. It was her little brother, who was just as beautiful as she was. “Ah! Xavier! Shouldn’t you be in school?” The little boy pouted slightly and averted his gaze “I got sent home early because I started a fight…” Chaelin sighed and shook her head “Xavier… What have I told you about fighting people? Do I need to punish you again?”

At the mention of a punishment the little kid began to squirm to get away from his sister. Chaelin brought her finger to his forehead and flicked him, Xavier brought his hand to his forehead and pretended to be in pain. “Ah! Noona! You’re so mean!” The two of them burst into laughter and she let him go “But seriously, no more fighting or I’ll have to punish you for real.”

Chaelin watched her brother run towards the school to wait for his friends, she smiled at him and walked towards her friend, HeiRyung. “Xavier got into another fight?” Chaelin nodded at her friend and sighed, slouching against the wall “Yah, you shouldn’t do that! You’ll ruin your dress!” “Calm down, HeiRyung, my dress will be fine.” She chuckled “Hey, did you hear? Pirates attacked Seoul!” “That’s horrible! Why are you so happy about it?” HeiRyung clasped her hands together an dreamily sighed. “It was EXO, ah… They’re all so good looking! What I’d give for them to take me away and make me their wife!” Chaelin sighed at her dopey friend “They’ll kill you more like it…” HeiRyung playfully slapped her arm “Don’t ruin my fantasy!” “You really are a maiden in love, aren’t you HeiRyung?”

“Ah Chaelin, you’re so lucky! You always have guys confessing to you… I mean you’ve already gotten five in the past hour!” Chaelin scoffed and crossed her arms “It’s not lucky, in fact it’s very annoying and makes me sad seeing their sad faces…” “What’s with you? You have no interest in guys!” “It’s not that… it’s just… I’m waiting for the one, you know?”

She stared off dreamily into the distance “The one? You won’t find him if you turn down every guy who shows interest in you…” HeiRyung had a point, and she hated when she had a point. “Come on, let’s go back to-” Chaelin was cut off when people began to scream and run, HeiRyung and herself ran back home, unaware of the danger they were in.

When they got into the mansion HeiRyung ran to the guard “What’s going on?!”

“Pirates!”