Baozi and Krease

My Beautiful Black Pearl

“Just because we’re pirates doesn’t mean we’re horrible people… We don’t kill, you know, of course unless we're in danger. We only act rough and intimidating, when really we’re pretty nice. Well… except for Kris… he can be mean at first.”

 


 

 

Chaelin went up on the deck; Tao was there, arguing with someone. She decided not to get involved; she turned around and bumped into someone “A-Ah! I-I’m sorry!” She bowed, when she looked up again she saw a smiling boy whom she had not seen yet. “No problem,” He looked at her hands “Show me your hands.” She obeyed him and showed him her hands; there was a somewhat deep cut on her left palm “W-When did that…?” She looked at it with a puzzled expression “Hm… Must have happened when you fought Tao… Our swords are pretty sharp so he easily cut you… I’m surprised you didn’t notice. Come on, I’ll clean it so it doesn’t get infected.” She followed him into a room.

Neatly stacked bottles were stacked on the shelves and there were many medical supplies, he boy pulled out a bottle from the cabinet and sat on the bed with Chaelin. “This will sting a lot, try to endure it okay?” She nodded, but as soon as the liquid touched her cut she screamed. The door swung open and Suho and Tao came running in “What happened!?” A panicking Suho said. The boy chuckled “Nothing, she got a cut when fighting Tao and I was just cleaning it for her.” Tao looked at the cut and his eyes winded slightly at how deep it was “I-I’m sorry…” He bowed and Chaelin chuckled nervously “I-It’s alright…”

The boy finished bandaging up her hand “My name is Lay.” He smiled brightly “Thank you, Lay.”  The four of them went out on the deck, all the other ship mates where already there. Chaelin nervously looked around, she had already conducted that Lay, Suho and Tao were kind (However she still had her suspicions), but she wasn’t sure about the rest.

One by one the members introduced themselves, when they were done they told her to say their names again so she could remember them. “Suho, Tao, Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O, Luhan, Kai, Chen, Sehun and Xiumin.” She then looked at Kris; Suho said he was mean so she wanted to make sure not to get on his bad side.

“Krease?”

He sighed “Kris.”

“Krease!”

“KRIS”

“KREASE”

“K-R-I-S. KRIS.”

“K-R-I-S. KREASE.”

Kris sighed and face palmed while the others slightly laughed.

“Kris.”

“Kre… Kri…Kreas…Kris!”

He smiled slightly and nodded “That’s right, Kris.” “Kris!” She happily said “You got us all right, except one person…” Luhan pointed at Xiumin “His name is Baozi-Oppa~” “Baozi…Oppa?” She looked puzzled; she could have sworn he called himself Xiumin. ‘Baozi’ looked to Luhan and smacked him lightly on the back of his head. “Don’t listen to him. My name’s Xiumin.” She repeated their names again, this time without messing up on Kris’s name.

Her face then went serious, causing the men to look at her in worry “Why… Why did you guys want me anyway?” She asked, there was a silence before Suho spoke “In due time you’ll know,” “I deserve to know!” her face went red with anger “I’m sorry, we can’t tell you.” She stormed off into her room and slammed the door behind her.

Funny how a simple question can make everyone sad.

A few hours had passed and now it was dark, Chaelin began to feel sick and decided to go outside to get some air. She leant against the railing of the boat and sighed. ‘Why can’t they tell me…?’ “Can’t sleep, huh?” She turned around “D.O?” He stood next to her and they both watched the stars together “What’s the matter Chaelin? Why are you here? Are you angry at us?” She shook her head, yes, she was angry but that’s not why she was here. “I feel sick is all…” D.O snickered “You live in a place with the biggest docks and ships in the whole of Korea yet you’re sea sick?” She blushed slightly “S-Shut up!”

The two of them laughed “Chaelin, I just want you to know that we’ll protect you, okay? You’re important to us and we’d never let anyone hurt you… we just can’t tell you why you’re here, not yet.” “I understand.” They both sat on the floor, after a few minutes Chaelin’s head rested on D.O’s shoulder, he looked down at her and noticed she was fast asleep, he smiled and after a while he too fell asleep.