Nightmares and Hand Holding

My Beautiful Black Pearl

“Chaelin, I just want you to know that we’ll protect you, okay? You’re important to us and we’d never let anyone hurt you… we just can’t tell you why you’re here, not yet.”

 


 

Chaelin walked up to the side of the boat and peaked over the edge, the water was a dark green colour and was slowly swirling, a blinding light came from the middle, causing Chaelin to cover her eyes and flinch. A strong force pushed her down to the ground, when she opened her eyes she saw the face of a man who looked familiar.

“W-Who are you?” She managed to say, the man looked down and kindly smiled “Ah… Chaelin. What are you doing Chaelin? You belong on the sea. You belong with pirates, my dear,” “Who are you?!” She raised her voice; she was brought up to hate pirates. The man chuckled and helped her up “Sunjong. Chaelin dear, listen to me well, your life thus far has been a lie to you. You don’t belong on land; you were born to be a pirate!”

Chaelin glared at the man “Sunjong? We are not related! And I’m not a pirate!” “Yet you’re with them now, you went with EXO.” “Only to protect everyone…” the man chuckled again “Ah, Chaelin. You have so much to realise…”

 

In real life, all the EXO members had gathered around, Chaelin was still asleep on D.O, who was now awake. She gripped onto his shirt and her eyes were tightly shut “I’m not a pirate…” She whispered. Lay knelt down next to her and put his hand on her forehead, he flinched when he touched it “She’s burning up!” D.O tried to move her but she wouldn’t budge, she was entirely stiff “We can’t move her like that… she’ll freak out…” Baekhyun sighed.

D.O looked down at her with a sad expression, Xiumin sat on her other side, and he managed to shift her position so that she was no longer rested on D.O. D.O got up and Chaelin shifted to gripping onto Xiumin. “D-D.O! Help me!” D.O pretended not to hear and walked away from them, chuckling lightly under his breath.  

 

The man disappeared and a little girl stood in his place, a girl dressed as a pirate, a girl Chaelin knew all too well. “Y…You’re me…?” The girl sadly looked up with tears in her eyes, “How could you Chaelin? How could you forget?” Chaelin backed away slowly from the girl, she turned to run but something grabbed her leg, she looked back at the girl and saw arms coming out of her back “Remember who you are!” something that seemed to be a beam of light shot from the girls forehead into Chaelin’s causing her to scream.

 

Chaelin let go of Xiumin and gripped her head, screaming, shaking and crying. The moment Xiumin touched her, she woke up and ran to the edge of the boat were she began to throw up. The members ran up to her, Suho rubbed her back to help soothe her and Lay ran to get some medicine for her.

She wiped and looked at everyone’s concerned expression “Chaelin are you alright?” the dream she still had was still playing in her mind and a million questions formed so she completely ignored Kai’s question, she tried to walk but felt too light headed to do so, just as she was about to fall, Kai grabbed her, Lay came running to her and forced her to drink some medicine, then with the help of Kai the two of them brought Chaelin into her room and put her into her bed.

Sehun turned to D.O “Oh yeah…. How the hell did you two end up like that?” All eyes were on D.O as he brought his hands up to defend himself “I-I swear I didn’t do anything! S-She was feeling sick and we both fell asleep!” Lay and Kai came out before D.O was brutally murdered “She has a bad fever but it doesn’t explain as to why she freaked out… Xiumin, Kris, D.O you three stay here, when she wakes up feed her and make sure she’s well; I and everyone else will go to shore to get more supplies. When she’s better bring her ashore to find us, it’s better if we’re all together.” They all nodded and split off to do their individual tasks.

After about an hour or so the boat came to a stop at the docks of an island completely run by pirates. Everyone apart from Xiumin, Kris and D.O left the boat. Kris went to go check on Chaelin and was surprised to see her sitting up in her bed, he approached her “How are you feeling?” He spoke calmly “I’m alright…” She forced a smile and got out of the bed, followed by Kris she went onto the deck. “Hm? Oh! You’ve woken up! D.O is making you something to eat.” Xiumin said while pointing at a door which she guessed lead to a kitchen.

She nodded and looked around “Where is everyone?” She asked “At the shore, Lay said that once you’ve eaten we should all meet up on shore.” Xiumin replied, she nodded her head slightly and D.O came out with four bowls of soup, the four of them ate the food and then went to the shore. As Chaelin was walking down the step she tripped and fell, she tightly closed her eyes but was caught by someone, it was a boy with blonde hair who didn’t belong to EXO. “Careful miss." He smiled at her and helped her to her feet, to Chaelin he reminded her of a dinosaur. Xiumin took Chaelin’s hand and stood in front of her, scowling at the boy. The two of them exchanged a glance before parting ways. Chaelin looked up to Xiumin “Who was that?” “Kim Jonghyun, from SHINee. You’re to stay well away from him, understood?” He snarled, she decided it would be better not to question why and simply nodded.

She watched the man named Jonghyun talk to someone, when he spotted her looking he flashed her a charming smile, causing her to blush slightly and look away. Kris glared at him and grabbed Chaelin’s hand, dragging her far away from him. Kris handed her a small pocket knife “If Jonghyun ever touches you, then use this.” She took the knife and nodded “If he touches me?” Kris nodded and without going into further detail, went to go find the others.

She looked down at their hands and notice that he still had a firm grasp on her hand, she blushed slightly “K-Kris? C-Could I have my hand back?” He looked down at their hands and released hers, his cheeks went slightly pink and he mumbled a quiet ‘sorry’.