Scars

Kyuteuk 100 Themes Challenge!

  So yeah... I've decided to put this little note at the beginning for you. Um, this one-shot shows signs of cutting but I'm not going into detail or anything. If this bothers you, I'm sorry. Also, this one is a little bit angsty but it's still happy in the end! 

  P.S. - This is an AU world.

  P.P.S. - Listen to this while reading if you want. :P This is all I listened to while writing.      Bruises


  Kyuhyun may have scars on his body, ones that he hasn't shown before, but Leeteuk has invisible scars he feels are more important. Taking care of the older his his top priority. 

  What happens when Leeteuk finds out about his scars though?


    "These bruises, make for better conversation." Kyuhyun sang softly to himself. Staring at the sky with an unknown fascination, he was suddenly broken out of his trance by a voice calling his name. Quickly sitting up, he pulled on his jacket just as his best friend ran up behind him.

  "Kyuhyun!" Leeteuk yelled behind him and wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling his head into his chest. "Oh my baby-boy, how are you today?"

  Rolling his eyes at Leeteuk's motherly act, he just sat back and enjoyed the other's warmth. Shrugging his shoulders, he tilted his head up to face the older and smiled.

  "I'm good, just a bit bored is all. You?" Leeteuk smiled down at Kyuhyun before letting go of the latter and moving to sit to the left of him. Pulling his legs up, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around them and rested his head on his knees as he watched Leeteuk quietly. Sometimes he just liked to sit and admire just how good the other looked with the sun shining down on him. When he looked away though, he'd always remember how it was something he could never have.

  For as long as he can remember, Kyuhyun has been in love with his best friend Leeteuk since childhood. Just as he was about to finally confess in their second year of highschool together Kangin, a grade above them, asked Leeteuk to be his boyfriend on Valentine's Day.

  That was the day Kyuhyun's heart shattered, but he promised to stay happy for the older since he knew Leeteuk never liked to see him sad. Besides, he already convinced himself that his problems didn't matter. Leeteuk came first and that was that. Nothing would get in the way of his love and care for the older, and his feelings never left, he just kept them bottled up.

  "Me? I feel, ecstatic." Leeteuk said happily and smiled brightly to Kyuhyun. Even though the younger knew just what kind of thing would come next, he decided to ask Leeteuk why anyways.

  "Oh? And why's that?" he asked as he kept his eyes focused on the other.

  "It's my 5 month anniversary with Kangin!" Leeteuk told him happily, a far away look of love in his eyes. 

  Yup, it felt like a knife was just driven through his heart. No, make that a million knives, each one of them slicing through his defences. Trying to hide his heartbreak, Kyuhyun just smiled at Leeteuk and knocked him on the shoulder playfully.

  "I'm happy for you hyung." Looking back towards the sky, he remembered just how sad he felt every time he saw Leeteuk with his boyfriend. Each and every day at school, they'd meet every chance they had in the hallways, and suddenly Leeteuk would seem to forget about him and fly off to his own world with Kangin. Each day was another knife driven through his heart and sometimes Kyuhyun just couldn't take it.

  That's when he'd started finding ways to destract himself from the heartbreak. Of course, though no one knew, Kyuhyun had been cutting since his second-to-last-year of middle school. His parents were both killed in a devastating car accident, leaving him to live with his uncle.

  Kyuhyun's uncle? Well, he didn't seem to care for the boy. He was barely home, never bought groceries, and was too deep into his work as a CEO to pay attention to him. Since then, Kyuhyun has always felt alone except for when he was around Leeteuk. Leeteuk was his sunshine breaking through the clouds on a rainy day. His cotton candy on a trip to the fairgrounds. His light in the dark and ball of joy that could wipe away all the bleakness in his life. Now whenever he sees the older though, he's still happy, but when they part ways he can't help but hear the sounds of his heart shattering all over again.

  Unknown to Kyuhyun who was too lost in his thoughts, Leeteuk had bumped him back on his shoulder. Kyuhyun didn't move though, and only came back to his senses when he finally noticed Leeteuk waving his hand in front of his face.

  "You there Kyuhyun?" Kyuhyun just laughed and nodded, hoping Leeteuk didn't ask him questions and pushed the other's hand away.

  "Yeah, yeah. Listen, I wish I could stay longer but I kinda have to get home now." Leeteuk pouted at the younger's reply but nodded and smiled anyways, trying to ignore the small tugging of sadness at his heart. Why did he always feel like this whenever Kyuhyun had to leave him? He had Kangin didn't he? So why did he always find his heart moving in the younger's direction?

  Standing up and brushing his pants off, Kyuhyun smiled down at Leeteuk and helped him up before letting go of his hand.

  "Well, I guess I'll see you later." With that, he climbed back up the small hill of grass he was resting on before waving at Leeteuk and putting his hands in his pocket, starting to make his way home.

  Leeteuk just stood there and waved back before watching Kyuhyun walk off. Turning in the other direction, he started walking towards his house before remembering he had to tell Kyuhyun something. They had planned to get ice cream tomorrow at the small shop in downtown, but Kangin had planned for him and Leeteuk to go on a summer trip to the states. 

  It had already been about 15 minutes, meaning he'd have to run to catch up to Kyuhyun. Moving in the other direction now, he made his way to the latter's house on the hill overlooking the town.

  Finally making it to the door, it was already evening and the sun had just set. Casting an orange-red glow on the grassy green yard of the mansion.

  He knocked on the door, but no one came to answer and he frowned slightly. Maybe Kyuhyun couldn't hear him? Opening the door, since Kyuhyun had given him a key once he moved in, he looked into the darkness of the house and frowned again. Kyuhyun never left the lights off until he went to sleep, and it wasn't even that late, so it didn't make sense for them to be off.

  Closing the door behind him and turning the lights on, he walked down the right hallway to Kyuhyun's bedroom before opening the door. He didn't bother to announce himself as he looked into the room and his eyes widened.

  Words suddenly exploded in his head as Kyuhyun whipped his head around to face the older.

  'Blood. Hurt. Razor. Kyuhyun. Hurt. Kyuhyun hurt.' As it clicked in his mind, Leeteuk let the door swing open completely as Kyuhyun stared at him guiltily and in surprise. Blood was running down the sides of his arm from the new cuts he'd just dug into his flesh with the razor. Every anniversary he did this. Leeteuk's happy anniversary at finally finding his love, and Kyuhyun's anniversary of losing the most important thing in the world to him.

  The razor in his hand dropped to the floor as he quickly tried to hide the cuts on his arm by pulling his jacket sleeve down, but Leeteuk was already next to him, holding his arm up from above the elbow as not to touch the new cuts.

  "What are these?" Leeteuk asked darkly as he looked down at Kyuhyun. The younger flinched at the sound of anger in his voice, but he could also hear the underlying tones of worry, care, fear, and something else. Even so, he tried to wiggle out of the other's gras as he could feel tears starting to drip from his eyes.

  "I-I...just..." Kyuhyun had no idea what to say as he starting breaking down in front of Leeteuk. He just wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear.

  Instantly as the younger started crying, Leeteuk's features softened before he could feel tears pricking in his eyes as well. In this moment he forgot about Kangin and their special day. Wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun's small frame, he paid no mind to the blood that might be dripping onto his clothes, or the tears soaking his t-shirt as the other cried on his shoulder.

  Even if he wanted to know why exactly Kyuhyun had done something so horrible to himself, he wasn't going to ask questions.

  He pulled back to look at Kyuhyun's face, and in that moment forgot he was even in a relationship. Next thing either of them knew, Leeteuk's lips were pressed to Kyuhyun's and both felt elated in the dark room.

  Call it a moment of weakness, call it an accident. Both of them won't tell you exactly what happened, but ever since that day, both of them finally realized just how in love with each other they were. Leeteuk broke up with Kangin, telling him he just didn't feel anything anymore. Kyuhyun quit cutting though he seemed to suffer from withdrawl now and then, which is why he was prescribed medication to help with getting rid of his depression.

  Months later, the two boys were celebrating their one year anniversary, and still as madly in love with each other as they were truly meant to be.


  I honestly have no idea how I came up with something like this. I'm just writing these things as I go along. Do you like it? I hope it isn't too sad, but would you guys like to see more angsty one-shots in the future? There'll still be fluffy and funny ones to! ^-^ Anyways, that was another one.

  Now, getting onto to more business, I have an idea for a chaptered Kyuteuk fic. So, I thought of this when I was listening to Yamaha on my mom's MP3 which is one of the main songs in the movie Warm Bodies. If you haven't seen it yet, it's basically a zombie/human love story and it's totally epic with monsters and all that awesome stuff! XD Anyways, the fic would be loosely based off the relationship of R and Julie (Kyuhyun and Leeteuk as them of course. :3) except most of the scenes would be of my own creation. Do you guys wanna read something like that? Just say yes or no and I might just make it. ^o^

  Subscribing and comments are appreciated!